Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Ursalink

Potential adventure for Riku and Kairi?

This is just an idea, but considering a few things, I do believe both Riku and Kairi should be part of a journey similar to Sora's past ones. I mean, one of the "keys" behind Sora's strength is his ability to bond very easily with others' hearts. So, I believe Riku and Kairi could increase their power doing the same and meeting several of Sora's past friends. Especially Kairi, so she can stop the old habit of turning into the "damsel in distress". And Riku already had an experience like that back in Dream Drops Distance.   

As a consequence, I can't stop thinking about what would happen at some of the worlds where Sora took a different look. I would truly like to see Riku and Kairi having looks similar to the ones used at some of those worlds. I have a few ideas:  

1º) Halloween Town: In this world, Sora looks like a vampire, so it should be easy to guess the new outfits. Kairi would probably look like a classic witch, and Riku's status as friend/rival of Sora could look perfect looking like a werewolf. Kairi could even learn from the bond between Jack Skellington and Sally, just like Sora did.   

2º) Christmas Town: In the original game, Sora's team used the same suits from Halloween Town, but that changed in the Final Mix's version. So, as far as I see, Kairi could wear a suit similar to Mrs Claus to match Sora's Santa outfit :D. For Riku, I believe it could be either an elf (which it doesn't convince me) or look like Jack Frost. Also, in this world, Riku could have an encounter with Santa Claus and solve the cliffhanger from Sora's encounter with Santa.   

3º) Monstropolis: It could be a little tricky here. For Kairi, I think the more suitable form would be a female monster similar to Carrie Williams from Monsters University. Maybe they could also add some "Medusa's elements" like Celia Mae (Mike's girlfriend). About Riku, I believe his could be a satan-like-monster, similar to Johnny Worthington from Monsters University.   

4º) The Caribbean: Now THIS is a world they will have to visit without a doubt. Exploring the seas with Sora's ship (the Leviathan) it would be like finally fulfilling their childhood's dream of exploring the world on a raft; only the Leviathan is a way better vessel. Sora's outfit in this world is similar to Jack Sparrow; so, I believe Kairi's pirate outfit would be like Angelica's (from On Stranger Tides), making her Sora's First Mate and possibly Navigator. Riku's outfit could be similar to Hector Barbossa's, making him Sora's Second Mate and possibly Shipwright.   

5º) San Fransokyo: THIS is another world that Riku and Kairi should visit. Technically, Sora is japanese (just like Kairi and Riku), so it would be logical for them to find themselves "like at home" in a city half-american (San Francisco) and half-japanese (Tokyo). Sora had the AR Headset in this world, based on Hiro's helmet. Based on that, Kairi and Riku could use similar devices. Kairi could wear a helmet similar to Honey Lemon's, and Riku could vear a visor similar to Wasabi's. Besides, it would be interesting to see Big Hero 6's reaction to the real Riku after fighting Dark Riku.   

6º) The Pride Lands: Simba (and by extension, The Lion King) has been present in all the main journeys of Sora, and some others. Therefore, this world should be visited by Kairi and Riku; and I would LOVE to see them looking like animals. Unlike Sora, Donald and Goofy; I do believe both Kairi and Riku would look like lions here. Sora's lion form is similar to Simba, and by extension, his son Kion from "The Lion Guard". So, Kairi should be a lioness similar to both, Nala and Kiara. And Riku could look like a lion similar to Kovu.   

7º) Atlantica: Being islanders, it would be good for Kairi and Riku to visit the world-under-the-see of Atlantica; especially for Kairi, since her name relates her with the sea. Sora looks like a merboy with the lower body part of a dolphin; so in Riku's case, it could be the same, but with an orca. After all, the orca is the biggest (and deadliest) dolphin. About Kairi, well, I suppose she could end up looking similar to Ariel and her sisters. (Why to complicate live?).   

8º) Space Paranoids/The Grid: Visiting this world (or worlds) could be useful too. At the Grid's version, Sora and Riku could look like the same as in 3D, only their clothes adapted to their real ages; not their original ages from the first game. And Kairi, well, I guess she could look similar to Quorra after all. If we talk about Space Paranoids, I guess Riku's outfit could be like Kevin Flynn's when he was inside the computer. And since Sora's outfit was similar to Tron's, I guess the more fitting thing would be for Kairi looking like Yori.   

I guess this "special journey" could be either similar to "Chain of Memories" (without the amnesia thing) or like simulations in a datascape (like Coded). I think the datascape sounds more suitable after all. What do you think?

I like your ideas! I’m really hoping kairi will have her own adventure in a future game! And I really hope she and sora will finally be together!

3 hours ago, Zach2 said:

I like your ideas! I’m really hoping kairi will have her own adventure in a future game! And I really hope she and sora will finally be together!

Thanks, pal. I hope so. 

3 hours ago, Zach2 said:

It would be fun if Sora and Kairi learn from other couples from Disney: Alladiin and Jasmine, Hercules and Megara... etc. 

I too would love to see Kairi kick some serious butt and truly be the one to rescue Sora. I wonder what party members she'd have though. It would be cool if Minnie wanted in on some of the action too and accompanied Kairi!

Wow, this does seem like it would be a great way to have Riku and Kairi have a side journey parallel to Sora's! And even if it weren't in Kingdom Hearts III, I could see adventures like these happening post KHIII! It would be awesome to have more character development for Kairi!

What do you think of this:

The path of Sora and Kairi's Future Growth:

If Sora is seeing Hercules being prepared to lose his life for Meg, Eugene being ready to sacrifice himself for Rapunzel, and Anna willing to sacrifice herself for Elsa is any indication, it is foreshadowing a critical moment for Sora's growth. When Sora emerges from the other shibuya's trials victorious, he'll be a wiser, stronger and much more balanced and complete person, having learned that "With great power comes great responsibility," and the true meaning of being a Keyblade Master. Sora will also know how to be a man who will no longer coax through life and indeed become more active in making a better future, not just for the sake of the worlds, but also for his and Kairi's as well. With their destinies now intertwined, Sora must be willing to commit to her and do a far better job of not dying on her or the countless people he befriended.

I believe the Master of Masters could be an adult version of Sora, twisted by his dark experiences and loss, lacking the current Sora's will and heart because that could be a major wake up call for Sora to commit to his growth for Kairi and everyone he holds dear. This part is a stretch. 

Not only that, this, in turn, will help Kairi grow as well, regarding being a capable young woman, a princess of heart and as a Keyblade Wielder. In a way, she can be just as reckless as Sora, which I feel they need to work on together.

I feel that Sora's side of the interquel could be doing what it takes to win back his life in the particular trials he'll be competing in, completing missions across different worlds, while working with certain people like the Twewy crew, luxord and even Oswald to help his growth as a KB wielder, keep crooked reapers and other powerful spectators and influentials from getting to  kairi and his loved ones until the final hour of his trials. He'll deal with himself, castle oblivion memories, and forced memory loss to know what it to be a man for himself and kairi.

Riku will try to search for Sora's whereabouts.

Kairi will search for Sora's memory cards across worlds with name, Xion and Donald and goofy while becoming stronger.

Others keyblade wielders search for info on the foretellers, and a means to help Sora return.

All while the foretellers observe the Sora rescue operation. 

When Sora, Riku and Kairi's stories are completed, the final story will be the two of them finally joining Sora in the final stretch of his Trials for his freedom, while dealing with an old foe of Mickey and Oswald, along with others who would love to see Sora destroyed once and for all