Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Raxaimus

Critical Mode is on its way to Kingdom Hearts III

In a brief statement to Game Informer during the 2019 Game Developers Conference, Kingdom Hearts series co-director Tai Yasue confirmed that the highly-anticipated Critical Mode would be coming to Kingdom Hearts III very soon. Curiously absent from Kingdom Hearts III at launch, the Critical Mode difficulty setting has been a staple for the series ever since its introduction in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, with its only other absences being Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, and the original version of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.

Yasue stated that Critical Mode in Kingdom Hearts III would be more than just a value change, referring to the HP, MP, and damage output of Sora, his allies, and the game's various enemies. He also said that Critical Mode is "more technical and offensive," and will be geared toward those who are "good at action games" and "timing their attacks". He concluded this brief discussion by stating that the skill required will change the way that players will play the game.

What do you hope to see in this more extensively-adjusted Critical Mode? Will you be giving it a shot once it finally gets added to Kingdom Hearts III? Let us know in the comments below!

View full article

11 hours ago, Movies798 said:

Last thing I checked 358/2 Days doesn't have Critical Mode either. Anyway, it sounds like Critical Mode is gonna to make the boss fights and minor enemies more challenging. Hmm I definitely trying this once and see how it is.

Thank you for the correction! I completely spaced that Days didn't have it! I've gone ahead and fixed that.

6 hours ago, Potato head harvey said:

How much ya wanna bet it's gonna still be easy?

It's way more likely to be a BS kind of difficulty like the Babynort fight in BBS.

Maybe elemental enemies will mostly (or ONLY) be damaged by their elemental weaknesses. That "armor" state might appear more often. Duude, how about enemies coordinate attacks to juggle the heck out of you? I;m reeeally looking forward to Critical mode now. ?

2 hours ago, Sentient Potato said:

To be fair, Critical was never part of the original games. It was always exclusive to Final Mix.

It was part of vanilla BBS. At least for the international version. It was also in Re:coded and 3D.

Critical Mode sounds kinda scary. The only Critical Mode I've ever done was BBS on the PSP and it was devastatingly hard. However I think I want to wait for the DLC stuff before I play another round of KH3. The new stuff they add will entice me to really want to play again so I think I'll wait.