Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Real quick, this has been bugging me since my first playthrough of KH3, it might be nothing but it might also be worth discussing

Spoiler

During our visit to the final world we are greeted by a chirithy and in the ending cutscene we see Ventus reuniting with his chirithy from his UX days my question is..... are we 100% sure they are the same chirithy? what if there are 2...chirithys?..chirithies? let's go with "chirithys"

We know that the Chirithy in the final world has been waiting for someone for a long time, so him belonging to Ven and waiting for him since the old days is entirely plausible but there is a key difference between them

The Capes

The chirithy in the final world wears a gray cape while the one at the end with Ven seems to have a yellow/greenish one, and BEFORE you say it, yes I know that lighting could be a factor since in that scene, there is a reddish tinge since it seems to take place just before dusk but I find it kinda weird that it is such a drastic color change ONLY in the cape, yes there is a slight variation in the tone of the rest of chirithy's model but nowhere near as noticeable, since both his fur and cape are originaly gray, in the ending scene his body should look just as green as the cape then (maybe it was modified so the shading only affects the cape so he wouldn't look as weird but hey, you never know)

51562269_422443155167546_4660996546139641903_n.thumb.jpg.a4b8e3b53d174238b47554fd84de2891.jpg       ch2.png.9c023b72857cc2aa935cf8c947b2a6bc.png

IF we were to assume the above to be true, then that would mean that the final world's chirithy belongs to someone else, however this would have to mean it belongs to male character since Chirithy refers to his owner as a "he", while this could mean Ventus, it could also mean Ephemer (if he somehow returns), Marluxia/Lauriam, or other characters from UX, Chirithy also says that "he" will arrive with him some day, this contradicts the ending in which Chirithy is the one who goes to where Ventus is, where it should be the other way around (but maybe he just got tired of waiting) 

Let me be the first person to say this is most likely NOT the case and both models represent Ven's chirithy (which is why I wrote my own counterarguments as I went along) but hey...you can never be too sure with Nomura

Edited by corpiman

Didn;t notice that slight color change so nice observation.

Spoiler

Although, personally I;m more on the side that it is the same Chirithy we encounter in the Final World, for the sake of the story being round. The reason it is even there however (and apparently Ventus *remembering* it) still remain unclear, but I guess we have to wait for that story expansion. (I really can't have a definitive opinion on the plot until it is released..) 

P.S: Totally right about Nomura... ?

Edited by 7thKingdom

Spoiler

Huh, that is a very astute and excellent observation! I had just assumed right off the bat that the Chirithy at the end of the game was the Chirithy in the Final World, since the person he had been waiting for was a "he" and he had mentioned that "He seems to be happy with his new friends." which made me think of Terra and Aqua! But now this seems interesting! Maybe it's the lighting or maybe it's a different Chirithy! How intriguing! :o

Edited by The Transcendent Key

1 hour ago, The Transcendent Key said:
  Hide contents

Huh, that is a very astute and excellent observation! I had just assumed right off the bat that the Chirithy at the end of the game was the Chirithy in the Final World, since the person he had been waiting for was a "he" and he had mentioned that "He seems to be happy with his new friends." which made me think of Terra and Aqua! But now this seems interesting! Maybe it's the lightning or maybe it's a different Chirithy! How intriguing! ?

Thanks!

And yes, pretty much 95% of evidence points to

Spoiler

him being Ven's, but who knows? that 5% really could be quite intriguing!

Edited by corpiman