Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Yuki08

Has anyone rewatched KH x Back Cover after playing through 3?

Seeing that

Spoiler

the MoM appears in the secret ending and the Foretellers are prominent in the epilogue of KH 3

It got me thinking about the hints they may have dropped towards the conclusion of 3. After rewatching it, some things are still unclear. For example, it’s still unclear if there was an actual traitor among them or if the MoM was just f***ing with them in order for his plan to come to fruition. Additionally,

Spoiler

How did Aced, Invi, Gula and Unicornis foreteller (I forget his name lol) show up during the KH3 epilogue

I guess things are still unclear because KH3 was simply the end of the Xehanort saga, but I’m interested, going forward to see if Back Cover will become clearer. Did anyone else rewatch it as well? Did you have some of the same questions I did or did you walk away with some answers that I didn’t? 

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Your fellow Keyblade wielder,

Yuki08

2 hours ago, JJ Torres said:

Seeing that

SPOILERS: Click to reveal

the MoM appears in the secret ending and the Foretellers are prominent in the epilogue of KH 3

It got me thinking about the hints they may have dropped towards the conclusion of 3. After rewatching it, some things are still unclear. For example, it’s still unclear if there was an actual traitor among them or if the MoM was just f***ing with them in order for his plan to come to fruition. Additionally,

Hide contents

How did Aced, Invi, Gula and Unicornis foreteller (I forget his name lol) show up during the KH3 epilogue

I guess things are still unclear because KH3 was simply the end of the Xehanort saga, but I’m interested, going forward to see if Back Cover will become clearer. Did anyone else rewatch it as well? Did you have some of the same questions I did or did you walk away with some answers that I didn’t? 

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Your fellow Keyblade wielder,

Yuki08

In all honesty, I believe it was just the MoM messing with them, putting them on edge and ensuring they don't work together in order to bring about the Keyblade War. We can assume that if they weren't informed of a traitor (or rather one that holds the missing page of the Book of Prophecies being a traitor) it is far more likely that the Unions would have gotten along for the entirety of their existence, and only someone acting out would have driven the divide that came about from knowing that there was a traitor.

Spoiler

While we do know that, from the KH3 Epilogue, Luxu was the holder of this missing page (therefore the traitor) he was also just fulfilling his role in this "play" and that allowed him to summon the other Foretellers: Aced, Invi, Gula and Ira, with either the knowledge that Ava would not appear or genuine surprise (it is so hard to tell if he's serious or not at any point =_= but I love him that way).

So while there WAS a "Traitor" I don't think they were a traitor in the sense that they were betraying the Foretellers as the MoM made it seem.

16 minutes ago, LunaCatte said:

In all honesty, I believe it was just the MoM messing with them, putting them on edge and ensuring they don't work together in order to bring about the Keyblade War. We can assume that if they weren't informed of a traitor (or rather one that holds the missing page of the Book of Prophecies being a traitor) it is far more likely that the Unions would have gotten along for the entirety of their existence, and only someone acting out would have driven the divide that came about from knowing that there was a traitor.

Hide contents

While we do know that, from the KH3 Epilogue, Luxu was the holder of this missing page (therefore the traitor) he was also just fulfilling his role in this "play" and that allowed him to summon the other Foretellers: Aced, Invi, Gula and Ira, with either the knowledge that Ava would not appear or genuine surprise (it is so hard to tell if he's serious or not at any point =_= but I love him that way).

So while there WAS a "Traitor" I don't think they were a traitor in the sense that they were betraying the Foretellers as the MoM made it seem.

I always just assumed that they were all intended to be seen as traitors in their own way because they were all instructed to keep secrets. Invi was reporting on the other three to Ira at regular intervals, Gula had an extra page that he was instructed not to tell anyone about, Ava was training her Dandelions in secret, and Aced felt that he deserved the job of the new leader rather than Ira. I think the MoM intentionally gave them their roles and instructed them to keep them secret in order to create suspicion about a traitor, but that all of them would fit the description of a traitor because they were all keeping secrets from each other.

The only one that was technically not keeping secrets was Aced, but I think that the MoM didn't give him anything to hide because he knew Aced's arrogance would cause him to become a traitor on his own. 

Also, in terms of watching Back Cover after watching the entirety of KHIII, I agree that it provides a very eye-opening experience. I'm looking forward to watching it again once we know where the series goes next.

This may seem obvious or maybe stupid, but could it be that

Spoiler

MoM and the fortellers disappeared from the X and UX timeline because they actually went to the future??

Edited by Mkucherina

7 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

I always just assumed that they were all intended to be seen as traitors in their own way because they were all instructed to keep secrets. Invi was reporting on the other three to Ira at regular intervals, Gula had an extra page that he was instructed not to tell anyone about, Ava was training her Dandelions in secret, and Aced felt that he deserved the job of the new leader rather than Ira. I think the MoM intentionally gave them their roles and instructed them to keep them secret in order to create suspicion about a traitor, but that all of them would fit the description of a traitor because they were all keeping secrets from each other.

The only one that was technically not keeping secrets was Aced, but I think that the MoM didn't give him anything to hide because he knew Aced's arrogance would cause him to become a traitor on his own. 

I agree that they were all tasked with keeping secrets, but none of that immediately is "traitorous" behavior, and none of them really felt like traitors to me. They were just doing what they were told. However it was the "one of you is a traitor and has an extra page that the others are missing, but I'm not going to tell you who!" on top of all that that made me feel he was messing with the others and intentionally trying to pit them against each other rather than there actually being a "true" traitor, even if I feel that one of them may be considered a traitor as I mentioned above. It feels like he was more just trying to cause them grief intentionally rather than there being that REAL traitor, unless it was him all along ;) 

6 hours ago, Mkucherina said:

MoM and the fortellers disappeared from the X and UX timeline because they actually went to the future??

That's honestly very possible.

Spoiler

But we can only theorize on that being the case unless we are explicitly told their reason for vanishing as it seems their hearts being lost is only inferred based on them "not surviving" the Keyblade War

15 hours ago, LunaCatte said:

I agree that they were all tasked with keeping secrets, but none of that immediately is "traitorous" behavior, and none of them really felt like traitors to me. They were just doing what they were told. However it was the "one of you is a traitor and has an extra page that the others are missing, but I'm not going to tell you who!" on top of all that that made me feel he was messing with the others and intentionally trying to pit them against each other rather than there actually being a "true" traitor, even if I feel that one of them may be considered a traitor as I mentioned above. It feels like he was more just trying to cause them grief intentionally rather than there being that REAL traitor, unless it was him all along ;) 

Hide contents

I agree that none of them were actually traitors, since they were just doing as they'd been instructed. I think the viewer was intended to understand why they were all keeping secrets and not to harbour resentment towards any of the character. I think the MoM wanted them to view each other as traitors in order to ensure that the keyblade war happened as planned. 

On 3/29/2019 at 12:23 PM, Mkucherina said:

Hide contents

My only thing is that aren’t the rules that prohibit people traveling into the future?

On 3/29/2019 at 1:23 PM, Mkucherina said:

Spoiler

I was thinking that maybe the Foretellers did what Ventus did and when they lost their bodies their hearts sought out new hosts. And maybe since then they've been jumping from host to host. Kind of like what Luxu has been doing except they haven't been controlling the hosts, just sharing their hearts so they could meet Luxu when summoned.

Or maybe Luxu sealed their hearts or something after the Keyblade War so they've been slumbering all this time. Ventus slept for ten years, so I think the Foretellers could have done the same thing for much longer.

I haven't watched it after I finished KHIII. I watched it about two or three times beforehand, though. The details are fresh in my mind, so to answer your inquiry, I honestly don't know. Anything is quite possible! I'm excited to see what the future holds in store for these characters!

My favourite thing was watching Case of Luxu and

Spoiler

the epilogue/Xigbar reveal back to back.

Makes you wonder how many different vessels and lives he went through as time passed and I personally love the fact that now he and the MoM act so similar. I guess that in the KH universe, extended longevity and knowledge can either turn you into a wise old wizard (like Yen Sid) or into a smarmy and charismatic sass master. Which is kinda awesome when you think about it.

I sincerely hope that Nomura doesn't plan to make the MoM and Luxu the same person (as in, Luxu was MoM's younger self) because I was never a fan of the "everybody is Xehanort" plot and I don't want to see it replicated in the next saga.

I don't think there was a traitor, MoM was manipulating the Foretellers so that they'd bring about the Keyblade War despite their efforts to prevent it.

Interesting how the character models for most of the speaking characters got used in Kingdom Hearts 3, except for Ava. I wonder if the VAs recorded their lines in the same session as Back Cover.