Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

What was your reaction to Luxu's reveal?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What was your reaction to Luxu's reveal?

• I knew it was Xigbar
    • I was not expecting Luxu to be Xigbar
    • I was disappointed in the reveal
    • I was mad when they show Xigbar
    • They could've saved the reveal for later
    • Felt a different reaction? Share below!

I always suspected something about Xigbraig but I never expected THAT. I was sure we’d get a hint at least to who Luxu was but to flat out be like “yeah I’m Luxu and I’ve changed bodies a few times” was O_O

They actually got me when Xigbar jumped, and his arrowguns disappeared. I thought, "Wow, that was dark, but a fitting end for him." I thought he was gone. I mean, I knew if he had gone back to being a nobody that he wouldnt be dead and would just get recompleted, and figured that maybe after Xehanort was defeated, he'd get some cameo down the road as Braig and taunt Sora and Co about how they used to fight each other in his classic fashion and how hes off doing his own thing now. And maybe he'd come into play somehow later- i mean he was a popular character why not? Or alternatively, if he wasnt a nobody, I figured they could say in some interview that yeah no he is really dead.

So when I heard his voice at the end i was like, "....no....NO WAY!!!" 

And when he took off his hood my jaw just hit the floor and I was just stunned speachless. Afterwards i just sat there, steam coming out of my ears from thinking over everything that Xigbar had ever said or been involved in and how it all could connect to this. 

I knew he wasn't dead after the fight at the end, so right when I saw a black cloaked figure standing next to Xehanort's keyblade I knew it was him. Bless the actor for trying to do something different with his voice when Xigbar's hood was up, but it was still obviously Xigbar. When the Unicorn man called him Luxu, my thought was: "Luxu? Oh... uh, okay. I guess we're doing THIS now." and just shrugged it off.

I was still miffed on the ending, so I didn't really get a thrill out of the Luxu reveal at the time.

Since seeing that familiar face again in KHBBS, ive always been curious about xigbar/braig. He met up with Xehanort and basically became his bitch because of the fact that he wanted a keyblade. What confused me about this was that after all the time that hes been with Xehanort, he was never able to get one for himself. We've seen how characters like Axel and Kairi have gotten their own keyblades in a short amount of time and went on to train. Xigbar was always a character who sorta lurked in the background, even in KH2, he was one of the first organization members defeated when getting into the World that Never Was. It was never revealed why he wanted a keyblade or even how he came to even meet Xehanort. In hindsight these could all clues as a plan to infiltrate and sorta ride that Xehanort wave until the second keyblade war passes. What still confuses me is why he let Xehanort put a piece of his heart inside him. Even more so, why is it still in him.

I knew Xigbar wasn't dead. His body didn't turn back to darkness and he was far to involved in the series to be killed right now. If there weren't so many "Xigbar is MoM" or "Xigbar is insert character name" theories floating around this might have surprised me. Instead while I wasn't surprised, I got a good chuckle out of it. I don't mind it at all because it means he's sticking around and playing a big role in the next saga. And I couldn't be happier about that. The clever little sneak :P

Edited by SweetYetSalty

When I saw the KHU movie I somehow had the Idea that the master mayd be Xigbar because he had similar character traits and well... the same voice but than I shrugged that off thinking that would be to easy but I was right all along.

Spoiler

I definitely wasn’t expecting it, but I do think he should’ve kept quiet in that cutscene (at least in the English version) until after he raised his hood just so the surprise isn’t ruined.

Oh yeah, I just got back from Hawaii. Aloha! (or Alola)