Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Power Jusho

Who had the best return in Kingdom Hearts III?

Who had the best return in Kingdom Hearts III?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who had the best return in Kingdom Hearts III?

• Terra
    • Aqua
    • Ventus
    • Vanitas
    • Roxas
    • Xion
    • Riku Replica
    • Riku-Ansem
    • Ansem
    • Someone else? Share below!

That’s a tough choice... In terms of pure epicness, I’d HAVE to say Roxas, but then again... saving Aqua made me so emotional. That moment when she realized she was back in the Realm of Light... I almost teared up.

For me, it's really close between Roxas and Terra, but in the end, I had to go with Roxas.  The way he entered the scene as a beam of light from the sky and kicked up a cloud of dust when he landed so that you couldn't see who it was (but we all totally knew who it was).  The way the camera panned dramatically around him to reveal his face after he took off his hood as "The Other Promise" played triumphantly in the background.  And to top it all off, both he and Xion get to be your party members during the boss fight against Saix as the best boss theme in the entire series (in my opinion) plays in the background.  Everything about it was great.

I am between Roxas and Terra. 

Roxas is definitely a great return for a reason. He has been what most people want back. He was an empty being who, without question, followed orders. It was when spending time with Axel and Xion that his growth as a character became special. You forget sometimes that we was a Nobody because of his development. Here, we see him return after all the tragedy he went through being nothing but Sora's shadow. He is now complete therefore making this scene more powerful. That being said, I did feel like that beam of light was a bit out of nowhere. A little bit of context on how his heart and a vessel came together so fast LOL

This is where I make a point on Terra. I feel this is more on depedning on the person (because most people do not like Terra compared to Roxas). Yes, his beginnings and development were not as strong as Roxas, but it was the context on how he came back made more sense. Him being revealed as the Guardian was proven to be confirmed from theories. I feel from that could be a great emotional moment knowing that to be true, especially to theorist. On top of that, it was emotional because it took (via games lore timeline) more than a decade to finally be himself again to be with not only his friends who are pretty much family. Roxas was lucky to only be with Sora since KH2 (I do not know how long per say, but it sure ain't 10 years). 

The Sea Salt Trio is technically my favorite, but gosh didly darn dandy doo the Wayfinder trio got me sobbing like no tomorrow ROFL At the end of the day, it really depends on who you talk to. I cannot say for anyone which is the true best return, despite popular opinions. Because, at theend of the day, these returning charaters have finally come home happily and peacefully.

This was a tough one. I was wrestling between Roxas and Terra for a while before finally settling on Terra. Roxas did have a great return, don't get me wrong, but Terra's just felt more epic. The return of the Lingering Will was awesome, and then after the battle with Terranort when Terra's heart was revealed to have been inside the Guardian all along, I was absolutely floored! 

I was torn between Roxas and Terra, but only because those were the longest ones. In the end, I think Terra had just a bit better entrance (though still pretty lacking), because they showed the fight between Terranort and Terra and how Terra came back. Roxas' was a cool scene with everything that was going on, but there were barely any actual details surrounding it. Just whoosh, there he is.

Poor Namine is not even a option. The Kairis really got sand tossed in their eyes in KH3.

Anyway to answer the question, for me I can't decide. Emotionally all the returns got a reaction from me. In terms of epic level returns then yeah, I agree with everyone else on Terra and Roxas. Ventus also kinda had a dynamic return too. But I feel it gets downplayed because of Aqua jobbing.