Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Was anyone else hoping we would get Soranort in the game? Because I was a bit disappointed that we didn't. How do you think it could have worked in the game, because I have my own scenario: After his friends have been swept away, Sora is confronted by Xehanort who places his heart into him and it is Ventus who confronts Chirithy. Then, after all of the members have been killed, you can play as either Riku or Kairi to fight Soranort, then the rest of the final battle plays out with MX killing Kairi after she restores Sora to normal.

Any better ideas?

The idea of Soranort is interesting. Part of me did want to see it if only to see how'd they do it. But then I think to myself what could they really do? Vanitas covers the whole "evil Sora" thing down to the darksuit, yellow eyes, black hair, and hammy darkness talk. And even Xion pulled off the evil Sora using Sora's old moves back in Days finale. They'd have to do something to separate  a potential Soranort from that. I think Soranort is actually a good "what if" idea. Part of me still thought he'd be the 13th darkness until the trailers started showing the actual Seekers. The biggest thing obviously is to make sure he's not a Vanitas clone...as weird as that sounds.

When this game was still in development and the orchestra trailer came out in 2017, I assumed that Sora would, at one point, give into the darkness in order to bring back Roxas, making him a SoD. It would have been cool to play as Roxas and have him be with the rest of the team in order to figure out how to bring Sora back without getting rid of himself. A Soranort would have definitely been a cool thing to see, but sadly I feel like that seems no longer possible given that ol' Xehanort kicked the bucket. Maybe he'll be back at one point!

In the back of my mind, I would have loved it if they did do something like a Soranort scenario. That, if done right, would have been beyond epic. And whose to say something like it won't happen in the next arc. To be honest, we've already seen hints throughout the series of what a corrupted version of Sora would be like in the forms of Anti, Rage, and more directly, in Vanitas. On that note, lets not discount what Vanitas said before he faded in KH3. He would always be Ventus and Sora's shadow. In other words, Vanitas is not really gone. I actually think this could hint at something happening with him later on in the new arc. Along those lines, the closest we could get to seeing a Soranort would possibly be Vanitas possessing Sora the same way he did Ventus in BBS. That would honestly be a bit better than a straight up Soranort scenario, because in my view, I see Vanitas as being more dangerous and violent than Xehanort. Vantias possessing Sora would be kind of scary. 

On 4/6/2019 at 12:45 AM, Alicia Maddox said:

In the back of my mind, I would have loved it if they did do something like a Soranort scenario. That, if done right, would have been beyond epic. And whose to say something like it won't happen in the next arc. To be honest, we've already seen hints throughout the series of what a corrupted version of Sora would be like in the forms of Anti, Rage, and more directly, in Vanitas. On that note, lets not discount what Vanitas said before he faded in KH3. He would always be Ventus and Sora's shadow. In other words, Vanitas is not really gone. I actually think this could hint at something happening with him later on in the new arc. Along those lines, the closest we could get to seeing a Soranort would possibly be Vanitas possessing Sora the same way he did Ventus in BBS. That would honestly be a bit better than a straight up Soranort scenario, because in my view, I see Vanitas as being more dangerous and violent than Xehanort. Vantias possessing Sora would be kind of scary. 

All of my yes!

And well, honestly, the closest we have seen Sora go "Soranort", like Alicia mentioned, is in his Anti and Rage forms! That's already quite the indication of how Sora would be like when consumed by darkness. But due to Sora being such a positive light and being someone who would never go down that road, I find it hard for Sora to turn dark unless he's forced or he's tricked into it, like in Dream Drop Distance. But it would've been interesting to see Soranort in KHIII.

But in the next saga, there could be an instance where we see Sora given in to the darkness. 

3 hours ago, The Transcendent Key said:

All of my yes!

And well, honestly, the closest we have seen Sora go "Soranort", like Alicia mentioned, is in his Anti and Rage forms! That's already quite the indication of how Sora would be like when consumed by darkness. But due to Sora being such a positive light and being someone who would never go down that road, I find it hard for Sora to turn dark unless he's forced or he's tricked into it, like in Dream Drop Distance. But it would've been interesting to see Soranort in KHIII.

But in the next saga, there could be an instance where we see Sora given in to the darkness. 

There are two routs I could see that going down. Either Sora is forced into submitting to darkness under extreme dire circumstances, like, if it were the only way to save one of his friends, or even a world, or if he was blindly tricked into it, like you said.

On 4/15/2019 at 7:49 PM, Alicia Maddox said:

There are two routs I could see that going down. Either Sora is forced into submitting to darkness under extreme dire circumstances, like, if it were the only way to save one of his friends, or even a world, or if he was blindly tricked into it, like you said.

But knowing Sora, he probably wouldn't totally give in to that power. Probably be consumed by it temporarily, but his heart would probably not yield. I'd see him along the lines of characters such as Ichigo, Naruto and Asta. They are all legitimately good guys with insane dark sides, but they don't let those dark sides eclipse their hearts and souls.

On 4/17/2019 at 1:00 PM, The Transcendent Key said:

But knowing Sora, he probably wouldn't totally give in to that power. Probably be consumed by it temporarily, but his heart would probably not yield. I'd see him along the lines of characters such as Ichigo, Naruto and Asta. They are all legitimately good guys with insane dark sides, but they don't let those dark sides eclipse their hearts and souls.

That's a good point.