Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

There's something funny around here.   

Until now, the whole thing was about 13 Darknesses vs 7 Lights. But now, with the new situation coming, it seems numbers are going to be inversed. You see, now we are going to have 7 Darknesses (Master of Masters, Luxu and the 5 Foretellers) against 13 Lights, leaded by Sora.   

The 7 Lights were Sora, Riku, Kairi, Ventus, Aqua, Lea and Mickey. Unofficially increased to 9 counting with Donald and Goofy, even if they are not Keyblade Wielders. (Athough, who knows?, maybe in the future they will be able to use Keyblades). Then, the number even increased during the final battle:  
+ Riku Replica could be Nº 10, as he helped Riku to face Darkness. Yes, I know we saw him disappear, but I have a hunch than we haven't seen the last of him.   
+ Terra became Nº 11, after Sora finally freed him from Xehanort's heart.   
+ Xion became Nº 12, after her memories were restored and freed from the Organization's control.   
+ Roxas became Nº 13, after being finally restored thanks to Ienzo and the others.   

So, same numbers, but changed sides. Interesting, huh?

1 hour ago, Ursalink said:

Until now, the whole thing was about 13 Darknesses vs 7 Lights. But now, with the new situation coming, it seems numbers are going to be inversed. You see, now we are going to have 7 Darknesses (Master of Masters, Luxu and the 5 Foretellers) against 13 Lights, leaded by Sora.   

The 7 Lights were Sora, Riku, Kairi, Ventus, Aqua, Lea and Mickey. Unofficially increased to 9 counting with Donald and Goofy, even if they are not Keyblade Wielders. (Athough, who knows?, maybe in the future they will be able to use Keyblades). Then, the number even increased during the final battle:  
+ Riku Replica could be Nº 10, as he helped Riku to face Darkness. Yes, I know we saw him disappear, but I have a hunch than we haven't seen the last of him.   
+ Xion became Nº 12, after her memories were restored and freed from the Organization's control.   
+ Roxas became Nº 13, after being finally restored thanks to Ienzo and the others.   

You're forgetting Namine. And let's not discount Demyx, since its hinted that he also came from the time of UX. Though we don't know what's become of him, we can assume he's still with Ienzo and Ansem The Wise. I do find the inverse of numbers very interesting though. And what's more surprising is that 5 of the now 7 Darknesses were supposed to be fighting on the side of light (those being Ava, Gula, Invi and Aced). I'm still not convinced that they are on the side of "Darkness" or that the new 7 are even counted as Darkness, since we now have a redemption of sorts with Xehanort. Of course, its clear there's something uber shady with Luxu/Xigbar, but there always has been with him. I'm still convinced that Luxu/Xigbar may end up being one of the new villains of the new arc outside of the MOM.

6 hours ago, Ursalink said:

Huh, that's an interesting point. I never thought about that before, but you may be on to something there. Now that all the keyblade wielding trios have been reunited (minus Sora, but he won't be down for the count for long) there are already more than seven wielders of light. So I could very well see them intending for this to be relevant in some way. 

Elrena/Larxene and Lauriam/Marluxia may also join the ranks. I don't know for sure, since Larxene didn't seem interested in repenting for her actions when she faded away, but Marluxia seemed to be admitting that he was feeling some kind of emotion, and I got the distinct sense that he was feeling guilt for his actions. There's also Luxord, who seemed to be somewhat repentant. And we all know that Demyx switched sides with Even. And we can only assume that Demyx and Luxord were keyblade wielders during the age of fairy tales, but who knows for sure at this point?

Anyways, I like this detail. You very well may be onto something.

On 4/6/2019 at 4:21 PM, DemyxIsBest said:

The 13 lights have already been decided. Look on the boxart of KH3. Count the characters.

Yeah, I gey it. The problem is, Namine doesn't any Keyblade or weapon; not even combat experience. I guess she could have learnt from Kairi while she was still inside her, training with Lea in the Secret Forest. But just like Kairi, their experience is very little, compared with Sora and all the others. 

This is a cool idea, but I've also been thinking about something...

Wouldn't it be cool if MoM and the foretellers actually represented light, not darkness? I doubt Sora&co. will be darknesses (that wouldn't really fit), but more like fighting for the balance of light and darkness. I think that could lead to an interesting dynamic between the protagonists and antagonists, where we explore how too much light CAN turn evil, and the protagonists have to challenge their own way of thinking. There seems to be this concept in the series, that light and darkness need to coexist, but so far we've only really scratched the surface on that (and mostly with Riku).

Or maybe it's something else entirely. But somehow I just don't really see MoM+the foretellers actually being darknesses? I guess I could believe Luxu being one, but the others? No. At the very least I believe they think they're working towards a noble goal, whatever that goal may be.

But whether or not you think this would work probably depends on how you see the concept of light and darkness in the series. I don't necessarily see them as good vs. evil and I'd like to believe that's intended, but sometimes the series kinda treats it that way, so who knows.

49 minutes ago, The 13th moogle said:

I don't really like the idea of this since its just kh3 but reverse it's lazy I think 7 lights vs the 7 false lights ( the fortellers and mom ) makes more since and is a little more original 

I think you can see it this way, pal. First time, the Darknesses were a bunch of cowards who needed number superiority to think their victory was assured; not counting with the intensity of the lights they were facing.   

This time, however, we have 7 really powerful darknesses (the 7 Deadly Sins); and this time, Light will need the advantage of number to win. 

4 hours ago, Ursalink said:

I think you can see it this way, pal. First time, the Darknesses were a bunch of cowards who needed number superiority to think their victory was assured; not counting with the intensity of the lights they were facing.   

This time, however, we have 7 really powerful darknesses (the 7 Deadly Sins); and this time, Light will need the advantage of number to win. 

How about instead of just redoing the same thing again only reverse we just have our hero's work there way to there level its not like there God's sora was able to defeat xehanort so the fortellers should be no different and it's not like I'd take forever ether they learn and get strong fast besides if that's your argument why stop at 13 ? If numbers is going to matters why not take s whole army to fight them it's not like we're making the x blade again ( at least I hope not or we would really be recycling plot points ) so there's no need for it to be exactly 13 regardless this is only the beginning I highly doubt we're just going to immigration kill the fortellers in 4 so by the time they we do we would have worked our way to there level so number advantage won't be necessary besides what makes you think numbers would matter ? There a clear color scheme going on between the guardians of light and the fortellers meaning I think it's highly implied it would be one on one for each character so 7 vs 7 makes more since and is more original to me then just kh3 remix electric bogolo , also xehanort didn't use numbers because he was a cowered he used them because he needed 13 darknesses to make the x blade it had nothing to do with cowardice

Edited by The 13th moogle

22 minutes ago, The 13th moogle said:

How about instead of just redoing the same thing again only reverse we just have our hero's work there way to there level its not like there God's sora was able to defeat xehanort so the fortellers should be no different and it's not like I'd take forever ether they learn and get strong fast besides if that's your argument why stop at 13 ? If numbers is going to matters why not take s whole army to fight them it's not like we're making the x blade again ( at least I hope not or we would really be recycling plot points ) so there's no need for it to be exactly 13 regardless this is only the beginning I highly doubt we're just going to immigration kill the fortellers in 4 so by the time they we do we would have worked our way to there level so number advantage won't be necessary besides what makes you think numbers would matter ? There a clear color scheme going on between the guardians of light and the fortellers meaning I think it's highly implied it would be one on one for each character so 7 vs 7 makes more since and is more original to me then just kh3 remix electric bogolo , also xehanort didn't use numbers because he was a cowered he used them because he needed 13 darknesses to make the x blade it had nothing to do with cowardice

I get your points. But the point here is, the X-Blade was forged by Light and Darkness. When the X-Blade was destroyed, the two core elements where fragmented: Light in 7 pieces, and Darkness in 13 pieces. Personally, I can't stop thinking why it can't be 10 pieces for each one, so the balance is restored?  

Anyway, the point of 7 vs 13 is because they are the number of fragments they were broken. That makes me think, we saw a X-Blade forged with 13 Darknesses and 7 Lights. But what about if a new X-Blade is forged now between 7 Darknesses and 13 Lights? I can imagine the final battle between Sora (with the X-Blade he received from Master Xehanort) and the Master of Masters (with his own version of the X-Blade). 

I get your points. But the point here is, the X-Blade was forged by Light and Darkness. When the X-Blade was destroyed, the two core elements where fragmented: Light in 7 pieces, and Darkness in 13 pieces. Personally, I can't stop thinking why it can't be 10 pieces for each one, so the balance is restored?  

Anyway, the point of 7 vs 13 is because they are the number of fragments they were broken. That makes me think, we saw a X-Blade forged with 13 Darknesses and 7 Lights. But what about if a new X-Blade is forged now between 7 Darknesses and 13 Lights? I can imagine the final battle between Sora (with the X-Blade he received from Master Xehanort) and the Master of Masters (with his own version of the X-Blade). 

Again your literally just doing kh3 again that's lazy and doesn't make since because that's not how that works you can't just switch the numbers and expect to get the same result it was explained you need 7 lights and 13 darknesses Kh has enough rectcoons anyway that is incredibly lazy and boring for us to just do what kh3 did again but with the numbers switched and boring dick measuring " my x blade is stronger ! No mine ! " such an exciting battle ? come on dude you can't seriously think that's a good or Intresting thing ? Its literally the same as kh3 the point of this new saga is to start fresh and do new things not the same shit over and over again I'm sorry but this idea just sounds really stupid to me No offense I like new original ideas not old ones but slightly different.

8 minutes ago, The 13th moogle said:

Again your literally just doing kh3 again that's lazy and doesn't make since because that's not how that works you can't just switch the numbers and expect to get the same result it was explained you need 7 lights and 13 darknesses Kh has enough rectcoons anyway that is incredibly lazy and boring for us to just do what kh3 did again but with the numbers switched and boring dick measuring " my x blade is stronger ! No mine ! " such an exciting battle ? come on dude you can't seriously think that's a good or Intresting thing ? Its literally the same as kh3 the point of this new saga is to start fresh and do new things not the same shit over and over again I'm sorry but this idea just sounds really stupid to me No offense I like new original ideas not old ones but slightly different.

Well, I'm sorry you think that way pal, but I believe Kingdom Hearts 3 basically is almost the same formula over and over if you think of it. You control a main character, who travel through different worlds to gain experience, and then facing the Final Boss in the game? Besides, KH3 has been repeating fragments from all the previous games; basically, you have to battle the final bosses from all the previous games all over again (Ansem SoD, Xenmas, Young Xehanort, Marluxia, Vanitas... etc). Besides, one of the "key" elements is about "balance" between Light and Dark, and they need several battles to reach that balance. 

3 hours ago, Ursalink said:

Well, I'm sorry you think that way pal, but I believe Kingdom Hearts 3 basically is almost the same formula over and over if you think of it. You control a main character, who travel through different worlds to gain experience, and then facing the Final Boss in the game? Besides, KH3 has been repeating fragments from all the previous games; basically, you have to battle the final bosses from all the previous games all over again (Ansem SoD, Xenmas, Young Xehanort, Marluxia, Vanitas... etc). Besides, one of the "key" elements is about "balance" between Light and Dark, and they need several battles to reach that balance. 

Yea but that was the point it was the final of the xehanort saga so of course old stuff comes back but for a new saga it makes no sense to recycle old plot points like that or the story just gets boring and repetitive.

16 hours ago, The 13th moogle said:

Yea but that was the point it was the final of the xehanort saga so of course old stuff comes back but for a new saga it makes no sense to recycle old plot points like that or the story just gets boring and repetitive.

Repetitive as "time travels" or someone transfering his heart into somebody else's body (Luxu has been doing the same that Xehanort did with Terra). Or people trapped inside a Datascape (Union X's plot is similar to Roxas inside the Simulated Twilight Town). 

Repetitive as "time travels" or someone transfering his heart into somebody else's body (Luxu has been doing the same that Xehanort did with Terra). Or people trapped inside a Datascape (Union X's plot is similar to Roxas inside the Simulated Twilight Town). 

Again those where things tied to the xehanort saga this is a completely new saga old story elements shouldn't be recycled ugh whatever your persistent on the story doing the same shit over and over and over and over and over again.

7 minutes ago, The 13th moogle said:

Again those where things tied to the xehanort saga this is a completely new saga old story elements shouldn't be recycled ugh whatever your persistent on the story doing the same shit over and over and over and over and over again.

I'm nor persistent, pal. I'm just saying that if Kingdom Hearts repeats itself with the idea of 7 vs 13 going all over again but in reverse, then you should realize other elements than Kingdom Hearts has been repeating.