Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Power Jusho

Are you going to be changing your PSN username?

Are you going to be changing your PSN username?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to be changing your PSN username?

• Yes, I'm willingto take the risk
    • Yes but I'm going to wait for them to fix any issuses
    • No, it's not worth the risk
    • No, I'm happy with my current username
    • I don't own a PS4

FYI/WARNING:  (@Mkucherina ):

Changing one's PSN name comes with the high risk of damage or even loss of game progress in games older than April 1, 2018. 
Here is the official PSN statement:
ZJbggqU.png

Courtesy of @Power Jusho here is a list of games on which the effects or absence of are known:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/onlineid/games-list-home/

KH3, as well as some other games such as Spyro Reignited Trilogy, is NOT listed but all games published on or after April 1, 2018 were designed to be compatible so are assumed safe but one can still check around the internet such as subreddits if there is still a concern. 

On another note, I believe the 'I don't own a PS4 option' should perhaps be 'I don't own a PS3 or 4' as PSN names are also changeable on the PSN website. So those who just own a PS3 should still be able. 
Can someone confirm this before I change it? 

As for my own answer, yes I'll be changing my name. I don't have the worst name to have been stuck with all this time but have become increasingly bugged by the -- at the end of it and it has once proven confusing as @AndrewHankinson added me as a friend some time ago and thought it a typo. 

34 minutes ago, Ventus_ said:

FYI/WARNING:  (@Mkucherina?

Changing one's PSN name comes with the high risk of the loss of game progress in older than April 1, 2018. 
Here is the official PSN statement:
ZJbggqU.png

Courtesy of @Power Jusho here is a list of games on which the effects or absence of are known:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/onlineid/games-list-home/

KH3, as well as some other games such as Spyro Reignited Trilogy, is NOT listed but all games published on or after April 1, 2018 were designed to be compatible so are assumed safe but one can still check around the internet such as subreddits if there is still a concern. 

On another note, I believe the 'I don't own a PS4 option' should perhaps be 'I don't own a PS3 or 4' as PSN names are also changeable on the PSN website. So those who just own a PS3 should still be able. 
Can someone confirm this before I change it? 

As for my own answer, yes I'll be changing my name. I don't have the worst name to have been stuck with all this time but have become increasingly bugged by the -- at the end of it and it has once proven confusing as @AndrewHankinson added me as a friend some time ago and thought it a typo. 

Oof in that case I'm not doing it XD I thought it'd risk viruses or something like that but losing game progress I'd be really bummed about, especially my platinum games (like Kingdom Hearts and my in-progress Persona 5).