Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Delenn Deszcz

What Language Would You Like To Learn Most?

What Language Would You Like To Learn Most?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What Language Would You Like To Learn Most?

• Spanish
    • Italian
    • French
    • German
    • Mandarin Chinese
    • Japanese
    • Korean
    • Finnish
    • Another Language? Tell Us Below? :D

Learning languages can be tough, but also fun, too! Which language would you most like to sit down and learn? 

And no worries, you're not in a rush or anything to learn it by the end of the semester of college/university and you're not being tested and you don't have to warn your professor that you're slow at learning languages but she doesn't care and just keeps on going at the regular pace and won't help you find a tutor even though you asked for help like five times and no I'm not salty what are you talking about?

Edited by Delenn Deszcz

Japanese! I’ve already taken some beginner level courses but had to quit. So I do know some very basic stuff, but I wish I’ll be able to pick it up again and learn more.

Other than japanese, I’ve also wanted to learn chinese (probably mandarin) for a few years now. But that’ll probably have to wait. I DO hope I can pick it up some day though!

Edit: Now that I think about it, I’d also like to learn french properly... I was pretty okay in high school, but since I never use it all my skills just faded away.

Edited by littleTSUBAME

4 minutes ago, littleTSUBAME said:

Japanese! I’ve already taken some beginner level courses but had to quit. So I do know some very basic stuff, but I wish I’ll be able to pick it up again and learn more.

Other than japanese, I’ve also wanted to learn chinese (probably mandarin) for a few years now. But that’ll probably have to wait. I DO hope I can pick it up some day though!

Edit: Now that I think about it, I’d also like to learn french properly... I was pretty okay in high school, but since I never use it all my skills just faded away.

I had learned Japanese too, but I wasn't good at it and couldn't keep up with it very well. (See college story above; that was during my first ever Japanese class.) Even though I don't take any classes for it anymore, I still wanna keep up with Spanish, too! I really do love learning languages, even if I'm not really good at it. Something in my brain just doesn't click. :'(

32 minutes ago, Delenn Deszcz said:

I had learned Japanese too, but I wasn't good at it and couldn't keep up with it very well. (See college story above; that was during my first ever Japanese class.) Even though I don't take any classes for it anymore, I still wanna keep up with Spanish, too! I really do love learning languages, even if I'm not really good at it. Something in my brain just doesn't click. :'(

Ahh, it really sucks that some teachers just aren’t willing to take into consideration people who are slow learners. It can be so discouraging and it can honestly prevent people from even trying because they think they’re just ”not good enough anyway so why bother”. :( People just differ in how much time they need to properly learn something, and there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s a shame that so many people just don’t seem to realize that.

But I want to encourage you to keep on learning if that’s what you enjoy to do! In the end it’s the hard work and dedication that matters, not talent.

Learning ASL (American Sign Language) has been on my bucket list forever. I've seen how happy people are when another person shows that they can communicate using this, and I would love to be able to offer this as well. 

If this is for spoken languages only, though, I would love to learn Bulgarian. I already speak French, so I have no real need to learn any more languages. But one of my coworkers speaks Bulgarian and it sounds so cool. Japanese would be nice to learn too.

I took two years of French (still wanting to take more of it lol), though I tried learning Japanese on my own. Granted it didn't go well but I got a book for how to write it and a dictionary. I was interested in taking Russian or Chinese (cause they were available at my college), but I would have to take another semester for it beyond my grad date and that ain't happening XD Grad school maybe but that's a bit of ways away XD

Well, for me, it would have to be Japanese. I'm already fluent in English and Spanish, so learning Japanese would be cool. Especially since I'm such a fan of anime and whatnot! I know some words and what they mean, but not enough to form a complete sentence, ya know?

Maybe someday, I will learn the language, but for now, I don't think I'll tackle the subject since I have so much going on in my life. xD