Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Recommended Posts

Hey there everyone, how's it going!?

Boy, has it been a while since I made a topic here! But well, considering that we've all played Kingdom Hearts III by now and now that we have a slew of new things to dissect and analyze upon, I wanted to make this topic to discuss about what's in store next for the future of the series! 

After the Epilogue and Secret Movie of the game, and throughout the course of the game as well, it was evident that "The Lost Masters" would be something that would channel into the next saga, since Union X is basically setting up what comes next! Now, my question here is, now that Xehanort is done for, I wonder what's in store for Luxu and the Master Of Masters and the rest of the Foretellers? And what of Ava's fate? Is she the mystery girl that Lea and Isa are trying to save? Or is she simply the only Foreteller that wasn't able to come back? And what is the ambition of the Master Of Masters? Does he seek Kingdom Hearts for ultimate power? Or is he simply doing all of this out of a sheer sense of fun? There's no telling because of the way he acts! What is clear is that these characters will be very important in the next saga, so I'm intrigued to see where the series will go from here!

What do you all think? What would you think would be the next step in the series?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

To start off, I think that the next Kingdom Hearts game has the potential to be one of the best, if not, the best Kingdom Hearts game yet.  Since it will be the start of a new saga, it will not be held down by everything that came before it.  It can start over.  That's why Kingdom Hearts 1 is my favorite Kingdom Hearts game.  It wasn't held back by previously established lore and years of setup, so it could do whatever it wanted, and what it did was amazing.  The gameplay doesn't hold up as well as later games, but that's because it was still finding itself gameplay wise.  But now, with the improved gameplay of the Kingdom Hearts series plus being able to start over with a fresh, new story, the next Kingdom Hearts game could be the best game yet and could become my new favorite, which I didn't think would ever be possible.

I think that we will see Kairi start to become the heroine everyone wanted her to be in Kingdom Hearts III.  While a lot of people thought that Kairi wasn't handled well in Kingdom Hearts III, it seems to me that Nomura wanted her to still be a newbie in that game, since she only just learned how to use the Keyblade and all (as explained in Jiminy's Journal), which is why he handled her the way that he did.  She still wasn't handled perfectly, but I thought that she was handled well enough to fit the role Nomura wanted her to fill.  Plus, it's not like Kairi did nothing.  She not only kept Sora from dying, allowing Sora to save the rest of the guardians of light, but also helped the guardians of light fight several armies of darkness and a second Keyblade War as her first mission ever as a Keyblade wielder (even if the game didn't show much of what she was doing).  However, now we can see Kairi actually be the person she wanted to be in Kingdom Hearts III, someone who could protect Sora.  If Riku is in another world, he had to have gotten there somehow.  My guess is that he went looking for Sora, and, since Kairi is no longer a person who would sit around and wait for Riku to rescue Sora, I'm sure she is going to be searching for him too.  Does that mean that she is also in another world like Sora and Riku are, or is she going to have to save both of them?  However, no matter what happens, I'm sure we will get to see Kairi become a talented Keyblade wielder, which I can't wait to see.

It's possible that Ava is the mystery girl, but I think it's unlikely.  We know thanks to the Secret Reports that Xigbar/Luxu was the one who set the mystery girl free, but in the Epilogue, he looked around at the Foretellers and said, "I guess Ava didn't make it after all."  It sounded as though he expected her to appear with the other Foretellers, and since he saw who the mystery girl was, I think it is more likely she is Skuld.  On the other hand, we don't quite know what Luxu meant by, "I guess Ava didn't make it after all."  Maybe she was the mystery girl and it was at the moment that she was set free that Luxu told her what was to come, but she ended up not showing up when he told her to.  I think that is less likely, but I still think it could be a possibility.  If that mystery girl is Skuld like I think she is, then I have no idea what happened to Ava, but, thanks to interviews, it does sound like she will return to the Foretellers' ranks, so she must be out there somewhere.  The question is: where?

As for what's in the box, we were told by Luxord that the box contains "hope".  But hope for whom?  What kind of hope?  We do know that whatever is in there was enough to shock Luxu in Back Cover though.

I don't know what the Master of Masters could possibly want.  To me, nothing can top what happened in Kingdom Hearts III: a second Keyblade War to forge the X-Blade, which is the only thing that can control Kingdom Hearts.  What could top that?  But if all of that was just to prepare for the Master of Masters' plan, what more could he possibly want?  I guess we will have to wait and see.

Edited by Dagesh Lene

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2019 at 7:13 PM, Dagesh Lene said:

To start off, I think that the next Kingdom Hearts game has the potential to be one of the best, if not, the best Kingdom Hearts game yet.  Since it will be the start of a new saga, it will not be held down by everything that came before it.  It can start over.  That's why Kingdom Hearts 1 is my favorite Kingdom Hearts game.  It wasn't held back by previously established lore and years of setup, so it could do whatever it wanted, and what it did was amazing.  The gameplay doesn't hold up as well as later games, but that's because it was still finding itself gameplay wise.  But now, with the improved gameplay of the Kingdom Hearts series plus being able to start over with a fresh, new story, the next Kingdom Hearts game could be the best game yet and could become my new favorite, which I didn't think would ever be possible.

I think that we will see Kairi start to become the heroine everyone wanted her to be in Kingdom Hearts III.  While a lot of people thought that Kairi wasn't handled well in Kingdom Hearts III, it seems to me that Nomura wanted her to still be a newbie in that game, since she only just learned how to use the Keyblade and all (as explained in Jiminy's Journal), which is why he handled her the way that he did.  She still wasn't handled perfectly, but I thought that she was handled well enough to fit the role Nomura wanted her to fill.  Plus, it's not like Kairi did nothing.  She not only kept Sora from dying, allowing Sora to save the rest of the guardians of light, but also helped the guardians of light fight several armies of darkness and a second Keyblade War as her first mission ever as a Keyblade wielder (even if the game didn't show much of what she was doing).  However, now we can see Kairi actually be the person she wanted to be in Kingdom Hearts III, someone who could protect Sora.  If Riku is in another world, he had to have gotten there somehow.  My guess is that he went looking for Sora, and, since Kairi is no longer a person who would sit around and wait for Riku to rescue Sora, I'm sure she is going to be searching for him too.  Does that mean that she is also in another world like Sora and Riku are, or is she going to have to save both of them?  However, no matter what happens, I'm sure we will get to see Kairi become a talented Keyblade wielder, which I can't wait to see.

It's possible that Ava is the mystery girl, but I think it's unlikely.  We know thanks to the Secret Reports that Xigbar/Luxu was the one who set the mystery girl free, but in the Epilogue, he looked around at the Foretellers and said, "I guess Ava didn't make it after all."  It sounded as though he expected her to appear with the other Foretellers, and since he saw who the mystery girl was, I think it is more likely she is Skuld.  On the other hand, we don't quite know what Luxu meant by, "I guess Ava didn't make it after all."  Maybe she was the mystery girl and it was at the moment that she was set free that Luxu told her what was to come, but she ended up not showing up when he told her to.  I think that is less likely, but I still think it could be a possibility.  If that mystery girl is Skuld like I think she is, then I have no idea what happened to Ava, but, thanks to interviews, it does sound like she will return to the Foretellers' ranks, so she must be out there somewhere.  The question is: where?

As for what's in the box, we were told by Luxord that the box contains "hope".  But hope for whom?  What kind of hope?  We do know that whatever is in there was enough to shock Luxu in Back Cover though.

I don't know what the Master of Masters could possibly want.  To me, nothing can top what happened in Kingdom Hearts III: a second Keyblade War to forge the X-Blade, which is the only thing that can control Kingdom Hearts.  What could top that?  But if all of that was just to prepare for the Master of Masters' plan, what more could he possibly want?  I guess we will have to wait and see.

That is true! The next saga can be a fresh start for Nomura to play around with some insane concepts, which I'm sure he'll do! I'm excited to see how he'll further expand upon the gameplay and the story and everything! It's always wonderful to see how Nomura and his team execute their vision!

As for Kairi, I did feel as though she was lacking severe screentime, but she was doing her best to contribute to the battle at hand. Yes, she was used as a damsel in distress again, which is probably the main reason people are so mad about her, but honestly, Kairi is a character that is continuing to grow. We already have Sora and Riku as well developed characters, and now, we can have Kairi have her time to shine! Hopefully you're right and Nomura gives her some more development moving forward.

And well, regarding Ava, this is all still a mystery to me. Also something to keep in mind is that in the Final World, the mystery girl said something along the lines of: "He is not himself, if he noticed my absence, he would surely worry." So it may have been Strelitzia talking? Lauriam was not himself, and when Sora defeated him, he said that it was all coming back to him, his purpose for being. So maybe Strelitzia is another name we can throw in the hat? She could be important for the next saga as well!

It kills me that we never got to see what was in the Box. But since Luxord said hope, then it must be something benevolent? Or maybe Luxu was just lying to get Luxord off his back?

And honestly, the Master Of Masters is a tricky one to decipher. One never really knows what to expect of him. xD

On 4/15/2019 at 10:50 PM, Zach2 said:

I hope Kairi will have her own adventure in a future game. Mostly, I really hope she and Sora will reunite and finally be together.

Yessss, same here! That'd be awesome!

On 4/16/2019 at 6:40 AM, ocean's rage said:

hmm i dont think i can even guess where the story is gonna go despite all that set up

Haha, that's the beauty of the unknown and the prospect of a new saga! It leaves room for any possibility!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, The Transcendent Key said:

Haha, that's the beauty of the unknown and the prospect of a new saga! It leaves room for any possibility!

oh yeah theres loads of possibilities and even though 3's just out im already looking forward to where we go next 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
1
7 hours ago, The Transcendent Key said:

As for Kairi, I did feel as though she was lacking severe screentime, but she was doing her best to contribute to the battle at hand. Yes, she was used as a damsel in distress again, which is probably the main reason people are so mad about her, but honestly, Kairi is a character that is continuing to grow. We already have Sora and Riku as well developed characters, and now, we can have Kairi have her time to shine! Hopefully you're right and Nomura gives her some more development moving forward.

I too felt that Kairi was lacking severe screentime.  However, I think her lack of screentime is really part of a bigger issue that if you were a character whose name wasn't Sora, Donald, or Goofy, you got next to no screentime.

Kairi becoming a damsel again didn't bother me that much because it was made pretty clear from the beginning of the game that Sora was going to sacrifice himself to save Kairi.  I think that the main reason people are upset about Kairi is that we didn't get to see her do anything and she didn't even try to fight back when Xemnas kidnapped her.  I agree that these are issues, but I didn't think it ruined Kairi or anything like that.  I think that she did pretty well for herself, all things considered, especially since Yen Sid was basically like, "Now that you know the basics of how to use a Keyblade, go fight a war."

 
 
 
2
7 hours ago, The Transcendent Key said:

And well, regarding Ava, this is all still a mystery to me. Also something to keep in mind is that in the Final World, the mystery girl said something along the lines of: "He is not himself, if he noticed my absence, he would surely worry." So it may have been Strelitzia talking? Lauriam was not himself, and when Sora defeated him, he said that it was all coming back to him, his purpose for being. So maybe Strelitzia is another name we can throw in the hat? She could be important for the next saga as well!

I actually think there are two mystery girls.  The star I think is Strelitzia, but I think she is a different person than Subject X.  I think that Subject X is Skuld.  I think that the star is Strelitzia for the reason you brought up.  I don't know who else she could have been talking about besides Lauriam.  However, since Strelitzia never became one of the Union Leaders, I think that rules her out as Subject X since Subject X was talking about how all she remembered was four friends and a key.  To me, "four friends and key" means she remembers the other four Union Leaders and that she could wield a Keyblade.  However, I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2019 at 1:49 PM, ocean's rage said:

oh yeah theres loads of possibilities and even though 3's just out im already looking forward to where we go next 

Haha, yep! It's always exciting to see what lies ahead for the future! :D

On 4/17/2019 at 9:19 PM, Dagesh Lene said:

I too felt that Kairi was lacking severe screentime.  However, I think her lack of screentime is really part of a bigger issue that if you were a character whose name wasn't Sora, Donald, or Goofy, you got next to no screentime.

Kairi becoming a damsel again didn't bother me that much because it was made pretty clear from the beginning of the game that Sora was going to sacrifice himself to save Kairi.  I think that the main reason people are upset about Kairi is that we didn't get to see her do anything and she didn't even try to fight back when Xemnas kidnapped her.  I agree that these are issues, but I didn't think it ruined Kairi or anything like that.  I think that she did pretty well for herself, all things considered, especially since Yen Sid was basically like, "Now that you know the basics of how to use a Keyblade, go fight a war."

I actually think there are two mystery girls.  The star I think is Strelitzia, but I think she is a different person than Subject X.  I think that Subject X is Skuld.  I think that the star is Strelitzia for the reason you brought up.  I don't know who else she could have been talking about besides Lauriam.  However, since Strelitzia never became one of the Union Leaders, I think that rules her out as Subject X since Subject X was talking about how all she remembered was four friends and a key.  To me, "four friends and key" means she remembers the other four Union Leaders and that she could wield a Keyblade.  However, I could be wrong.

Yeah, and well, we still have a chance to see Kairi develop a lot more, and hopefully the next saga will give her some much deserved development! She's already greatly developed in some parts, but I hope she's more rounded out come Kingdom Hearts IV.

Huh, wow, that actually does make a lot of sense when I think about it! So that would mean that Strelitzia and Skuld are going to be important heading into the future, as Lauriam is still alive, or rather, he's been restored to his human form. And Lea and Isa are still in search of Subject X, which we can then assume to be Skuld. Hmm, this is most interesting!

On 4/18/2019 at 11:23 AM, Novayon said:

I'm not sure where things will go from here, but I'm very excited to see more of the Master of Masters. He's such an enigmatic and charismatic villain. It will be interesting to see what his plans are.

Yes, I'm very happy and excited that the figure in the secret ending was indeed the Master Of Masters. Getting to see more of him in the next saga will definitely be a treat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I just hope the Master of Masters is a more interesting villain than Xehanort who was basically Darth Sidious with Thanos' motivations.  

I have high hopes though.  MoM is already shaping up to be the most mysterious character in entire series.  I think he could be somewhat of a God in human form.  We know he created the first keyblade and the dream eaters.  Maybe he created the heartless as well.  He's clearly more than just a mortal man.  I wonder if he will even use a keyblade, or darkness as a weapon.  He reminds me of The Father from FMAB.  What if he is actually a nobody, the first one to ever exist, and his heartless is in the black box, the most powerful heartless we've ever encountered before.  He supposedly "disappeared" but what if that was just his body.  We could have a boss fight with Luxu who then opens up the box and we have to battle this massive heartless.  We finally defeat it but that's when the MoM's somebody is able to reappear as a full person and we finally se his face revealed.  He makes some snarky comment and he and Luxu escape to enact their true motives.  That could be the end of KH4, leading us into the next game with a cliffhanger.

Edited by JPansullo7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Sora/Kairi/Riku clones! New Heartless! New Keyblades! New Disney Worlds! New, new, new!

I don't know what to expect from this Foreteller Saga. Other then Back Cover I don't know what is going on in Union X until they make a movie about it or something. So all I can do is stare at the Foretellers and their animal mask and wonder who they are. MoM seems like a cool character so I look forward to him. There is a popular "Demyx is the Master of Masters" theory running around that I hope is not true. I love Demyx but no. Guess we'll just have to see.

And I personally want my red haired Sora and green haired Kairi clones. Just to hear everyone groan over it! I'm so evil XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2019 at 3:09 PM, JPansullo7 said:

I just hope the Master of Masters is a more interesting villain than Xehanort who was basically Darth Sidious with Thanos' motivations.  

I have high hopes though.  MoM is already shaping up to be the most mysterious character in entire series.  I think he could be somewhat of a God in human form.  We know he created the first keyblade and the dream eaters.  Maybe he created the heartless as well.  He's clearly more than just a mortal man.  I wonder if he will even use a keyblade, or darkness as a weapon.  He reminds me of The Father from FMAB.  What if he is actually a nobody, the first one to ever exist, and his heartless is in the black box, the most powerful heartless we've ever encountered before.  He supposedly "disappeared" but what if that was just his body.  We could have a boss fight with Luxu who then opens up the box and we have to battle this massive heartless.  We finally defeat it but that's when the MoM's somebody is able to reappear as a full person and we finally se his face revealed.  He makes some snarky comment and he and Luxu escape to enact their true motives.  That could be the end of KH4, leading us into the next game with a cliffhanger.

Dang, this sounds like a fantastic idea! But the whole thing about the Master Of Masters revealing himself is something I would prefer to go through the course of more games than to just have him reveal what he is in one game. That way it leaves room for more intrigue throughout the new saga! But yeah, I'm excited and hopeful to see more of him in the future!

On 6/2/2019 at 5:36 PM, SweetYetSalty said:

New Sora/Kairi/Riku clones! New Heartless! New Keyblades! New Disney Worlds! New, new, new!

I don't know what to expect from this Foreteller Saga. Other then Back Cover I don't know what is going on in Union X until they make a movie about it or something. So all I can do is stare at the Foretellers and their animal mask and wonder who they are. MoM seems like a cool character so I look forward to him. There is a popular "Demyx is the Master of Masters" theory running around that I hope is not true. I love Demyx but no. Guess we'll just have to see.

And I personally want my red haired Sora and green haired Kairi clones. Just to hear everyone groan over it! I'm so evil XD

Oh, trust me, the story of X is very interesting and I'm sure you'd be intrigued by what's currently going on, ya know? It's great buildup for what's coming next! And Demyx possibly being the Master Of Masters is actually quite exciting for me!

Lol, more clones, eh? XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have completely no idea, I only hope the disney red tape is less so that the worlds can matter more to the story like in KH1.

 

Actually the final board for the "new game" had 7 black pieces (the Foretellers + Luxu and MoM/"surprise") and and maybe 13 white pieces. Would this mean the foretellers are the villains? Whatever for? Im getting some real FF15 Bahamut vibes from the Master of Masters, just from common sense anyone who has a blue demon eye of darkness is not a guy you can trust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, The Transcendent Key said:

Dang, this sounds like a fantastic idea! But the whole thing about the Master Of Masters revealing himself is something I would prefer to go through the course of more games than to just have him reveal what he is in one game. That way it leaves room for more intrigue throughout the new saga! But yeah, I'm excited and hopeful to see more of him in the future!

Oh, trust me, the story of X is very interesting and I'm sure you'd be intrigued by what's currently going on, ya know? It's great buildup for what's coming next! And Demyx possibly being the Master Of Masters is actually quite exciting for me!

Lol, more clones, eh? XD

I do want to follow X for sure, I just hope they do a Story So Far for it before KH4. I want even more Kingdom Hearts content!

And yes, more clones! By the very end of the series there should be a Kairi rainbow with how many there are XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AnotherXehanort13 said:

I have completely no idea, I only hope the disney red tape is less so that the worlds can matter more to the story like in KH1.

 

Actually the final board for the "new game" had 7 black pieces (the Foretellers + Luxu and MoM/"surprise") and and maybe 13 white pieces. Would this mean the foretellers are the villains? Whatever for? Im getting some real FF15 Bahamut vibes from the Master of Masters, just from common sense anyone who has a blue demon eye of darkness is not a guy you can trust

All I know is that the future looks bright, and I'm very excited to see how the Foretellers will fit into this!

3 hours ago, SweetYetSalty said:

I do want to follow X for sure, I just hope they do a Story So Far for it before KH4. I want even more Kingdom Hearts content!

And yes, more clones! By the very end of the series there should be a Kairi rainbow with how many there are XD

That would be awesome! 

Lol, Kairi rainbow. XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...