Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Ursalink

Comparisons between the plots of "Avengers: Endgame" and Kingdom Hearts III

I know many of you might be tired of hearing the topic about "Marvel in Kingdom Hearts", but after seeing the movie "Avengers: Endgame" (which was, as Stan Lee used to say, "EXCELSIOR!!!"), I couldn't avoid to notice certain "similarities" with the final act of "Kingdom Hearts 3". (For those who haven't seen the movie, maybe you prefer to avoid reading this). Check this out:   

+ In both stories, we have time travel involved; and in both cases, the bad guys take advantage of it to reach their final objective. Like Xehanort's counterpart, Thanos travel to the present from the past; although in a different way.   
+ In both stories, one of the goals of the main characters is to bring back "fallen fellows". Sora and the others try to bring back characters Roxas, Ventus, Aqua y Terra; while the Avengers try to bring back half of the erradicated universe.   
+ Both stories turn around powerful artifacts. The Avengers try to recover the Infinity Gauntles and its Gems, while Xehanort's quest is around the X-Blade. In both stories, in the end, a hero use the artifact to put an end to the fight, once and for all.   
+ Both stories have the horrible sacrifice of one a female character. In KH3, Xehanort sacrifies Kairi to get what he wants; similar to how Thanos sacrified Gamora in "Infinity War", and later Black Widow sacrified herself. (Why it had to be the only woman from the original team?).   
+ At the very end of both stories, a hero makes the ultimate sacrifice to save everyone (or almost everyone). In KH3, Sora sacrifies himself to bring Kairi back; in "Endgame", Tony Stark sacrifies himself to put an end to Thanos and his army, once and for all.   

Interesting, don't you think?

Personally I think there are a lot of similarities with Infinity War and the rest of the KH saga than KH3 and Endgame, simply because while Endgame utilised almost every part of its universe, KH3 was very much a linear, get-from-A-to-B asap and disresgarded much of what came before it.

There are of course superficial similarities as both are finales respectively, but one accomplished what it set out to do far better than the other.

Amazing how both were released in the same year and by Disney, no less. Doubt both teams interacted with one other, but if they did... ?

I linked the two mid-watch during my first viewing with the convoluted time travel and the how the time traveled objects returned back to their original time to prevent nasty paradoxes.

To me, the plot of Avengers: Endgame was an odd mix of KH3 and Star Trek: Voyager's series finale, also named 'Endgame,' with a small dash of Back to the Future II.

And yet it works so well...

You know?, I'm thinking about a remake of the "Avengers Assemble" scene where all the heroes gather together, only replacing them with most of Sora's allies through his journeys. And many of them, wearing Keyblades based on their homeworlds. I have some parts in mind:  

1º) The scene of Falcon flying, replaced by Peter Pan.   

2º) The scene with Valkyrie, the surviving Asgardians, Miek, Korg and Scarlet Witch; I'll replace them with Hercules, the Olympians Gods, Auron, Zack* and Aladdin.   

3º) The scene with Giant-Man, Hulk, Iron Patriot and Rocket Raccoon; I'll replace them with Simba (in his giant fire form as a summon), Wreck-It Ralph, Buzz Lightyear and Stitch.   

4º) The scene with all the female heroines; replace them with all Disney Princesses, old and new ones.   

What do you think?

*EDIT* I just realized another detail. In both stories, the main hero (or heroes) cause a "time travel anomaly" to save people who died or was lost. The Avengers went back to the past to recover the Infinity Stones, undo Thanos' snap and bring back all the missing ones. In KH3, Sora used the Power of Waking to make time go back and save the Seven Guardians who fall at the beginning of the Keyblade Graveyard. 

Edited by Ursalink

12 hours ago, The Transcendent Key said:

Yes, I do love the similarities shared between KH and the two most recent Avengers films. And in a way, this game was the Infinity War/Endgame of the KH Universe! And it was legendary! :D

Can't wait to play as Roxas and a little more as Riku when the DLC comes.Remind has a Endgame vibe too.