Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KHWaterBlock

Kingdom Hearts III first DLC announced at the World-of-Tres Orchestra Concert

Kingdom Hearts series director Tetsuya Nomura announced the first upcoming DLC content at the first World-of-Tres Orchestra concert. It's temporarily named "Kingdom Hearts ReMIND" and has paid and free content. It includes an additional scenario called "ReMIND" with a limit episode and boss as well as a secret episode and a boss. The Japanese version includes the option to switch to English voice. The free update includes a brand new Keyblade and a new form.

The release date for this content is currently TBA.

Stay tuned for more information!

View full article

Here's a translation from @YanilynGaming on twitter:

"Tetsuya Nomura just announced the upcoming DLC contents at the KH Orchestra.

The temporary title is “Kingdom Hearts III ReMIND”

Paid

-Additional Scenario “ReMIND”

-Limit Episode + Boss

-Secret Episode + Boss

-English VA Option

Free

-New Keyblade + New Form"

By "new form" do they mean a new Formchange (Guardian Form, Strike Form, ect.) or a new Keyblade form? Cuz I hope it's the later, and not just another variation of another Keyblade's form.

I freaking knew it was a good idea not to play Critical Mode right a way after I downloaded! Because of this upcoming DLC now I'm even more excited to download new content and witness them while playing Critical Mode. This will definitely motivated me to push through Critical Mode!

I hope that "episode" does not mean having to go to the main menu independently on the save file and our stats. We don't want to reproduce ffxv terrible narration.

Edited by cyntix

DLC releasing in July, heard it here first XP

Moreover, we barely know anything about this dlc other than the fact that it exists. I'm certainly not one of those "The devs know everything" people but even so, chill out a little guys? KH3 does have a lot of issues but it's nice to see that our issues are being addressed.

If I had to guess though, I'd say that the Limit episode is something to do with extending the KG sequence, the ReMIND is to do with Xion, and the secret episode? Something to do with Luxu or Yozora?

In any case no signs point to Sephiroth :/

1 hour ago, Daking said:

Can we please get Japanese VA in the English version also! Been wanted to play kh with Japanese VA and English subs for a long time now

I wish for that option as well, Daking.

As for the scenario name, "ReMIND", this might be in line with Xion. Not sure about the secret episode's content.

6 hours ago, Potato head harvey said:

Is that all? No fixes to the many issues already in game?

The game is flaw but I have no problem with the many "issues" people are having. My only issue was the stupid Attraction Flow but thank God there's an ability to disable that for most of the game. That's my only issue they fixed.

5 hours ago, Daking said:

Can we please get Japanese VA in the English version also! Been wanted to play kh with Japanese VA and English subs for a long time now

Rob sees that you are a man of culture as well.

3 hours ago, Zach2 said:

I hope the DLC shows how Sora saves Kairi 

Yes!!! I hope that's what the secret episode is, and I hope it gives us a proper conclusion that makes the sacrifice feel less like a last minute rushed decision (an emotional sacrifice scene to conclude the whole thing with a "I'll come back to you, I promise" a la KH1 would be satisfying for example) as well as a hint as to how Sora might return. Would be really cool if it allowed us to play as Kairi for a part of it as she tries to save herself, but I doubt this'll happen lol. Wishful thinking.

1 hour ago, Movies798 said:

The game is flaw but I have no problem with the many "issues" people are having. My only issue was the stupid Attraction Flow but thank God there's an ability to disable that for most of the game. That's my only issue they fixed.

I know right. SE has already corrected two flaws: attractions and difficulty, but people won't even praise them for that and instead will be complaining even more

I'm just going to copy what I said on another thread on here too on my feelings for these DLCs. Which are the following.

Am I greedy for wanting all the guardians playable? I know it's likely not going to happen but a KH fan can dream right? As for who the episodes could be about, I'm being greedy again. I want one for everyone darn it XD

Expansions on Lingering Will/Terra, Namine, Xion, and Roxas seem the most likely for a title called "REMIND" and these are the characters that suffered the worse in terms of screentime in KH3 Well them and Eraqus. I'm bias so I'd love to play as Roxas again, even just once like Riku and Aqua were. I selfishly crave more Roxas time.

As for playable Xion, I'd be down for it if the scenario is her taking back her body by beating...whatever is driving her new body to begin with. They haven't fully said if she was norted or not since we can't see her eyes when hooded. Still I would have enjoyed what would basically be a playable situation of the "Rikuception" Even better if it takes place in Dive to the Heart and evil Xion uses the forms from Days. Some real Xion-on-Xion violence there.

Lingering Will would also be fun to play as again. Maybe even have "spirit" Namine as his emotional backup or something. Anything to give Namine more screentime. I'm still bummed I skipped her scene in my first Proud Mode playthrough. But I could get on board with it. Though it be a tad boring for Lingering Will to keep fighting the same guy over and over again in Terranort. I'm being totally greedy in what I hope to see. I know most of these won't happen but it's fun to speculate.

8 hours ago, Daking said:

Agreed. If they're going to put the English dub for the Japanese version than they ought to do the same for the English version. It would be fair that way.

I'm just gonna add a little onto what I said earlier and predict that the remind scenario will most likely cover Xion's and Terra's returns, and possibly even Namine seeing as she had barely any screen time.

The Limit Episode could either be an extended KG scenario with more 1v1 battles, but most likely it'll be a CoR type deal.

I still feel that the secret episode is something to do with Yozora, but honestly I don't personally care all that much about it. It's got nothing to do with KH3's current story, and I'm not all that excited about the future of this franchise.

To be honest, I am glad that we seem to be getting at least a CoR area, it is a videogame after all, *some* degree of boss variety is always appreciated. However I am kinda upset that nothing will be done to improve the Twilight Town and Radiant Garden situation.

Some people will probably be quick to tell me that previous final mixes only did the same as KH3's is, but they're forgetting that I wouldn't be asking for some expanded original worlds if they were in the base game in the first place.

This is just a comment, but the new Keyblade and form that is coming for the DLC, could be the same new Keyblade we get in Union X based on Wreck-it Ralph's Niceland?

The title "ReMIND" makes me think about remembering something. This can meanseveral things:  
- Xion remembering his original life, but I'm not convinced of this.   
- Ventus remembering his life from Union X. He mentioned Aqua that he dreamed with "a bunch of people I didn't recognize", which must be Ephemer and the others. I think this could be the one.   
- Maybe the missing girl Lea and Isa meet "reminds" her previous life too.   

Either way, the Limit Episode and the Secret episode sound a lot like the Final Episode with Aqua in BbS or "A Fragmentary Passage" scenario from BbS Final Mix.   

Either way, the name makes me think. The "Re" is like a "remake" of "Re:Coded" or something, but there's no "MIND" episode in all the franchise. MIND could also be a clue or something: M could be "Memories", and D could be "Days". 

Edited by Ursalink