Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jingilator

Nightmares could’ve worked for KH3 (kinda-rant)

So, you guys know how Spirit Meow Wow is a Link in KH3? Well, this made me realize that Nightmare Dream Eaters could’ve fit in the game, too. The world I was thinking of for them was replacing Heartless with them for Toy Box seeing the “split worlds” thing with that world’s plot (the fake Galaxy Toys could’ve easily been a fake Sleeping World using power from the Realm of Sleep) and probably could’ve fit into Xehanort’s plan of finding a vessel to place a heart in. The Nightmares wouldn’t even need to show up at the Keyblade Graveyard near the end of the game.

I thought they did though in the Monster's Inc world... I might be wrong but it looked like they were Nightmare Dream Eaters in that world (the crab enemies). Regardless, I think it'd be nice that they'd include them since it could work and plus they have Unversed...

2 hours ago, EchoFox23* said:

I thought they did though in the Monster's Inc world... I might be wrong but it looked like they were Nightmare Dream Eaters in that world (the crab enemies). Regardless, I think it'd be nice that they'd include them since it could work and plus they have Unversed...

The Spiked Turtletoad? That was an Unversed.

On 5/2/2019 at 3:25 PM, Mkucherina said:

I too am surprised that they didn't include nightmares into KH3. I thought they would due to them also including unversed.

And what does that has to do with the Unversed? The Unversed have always existed in the realm of light and inbetween due to Vanitas, they don’t have any connection to Nightmares.

The reason why Spirits existed in KH3 is due to the bond Sora has with them and due to the heart binder which summons them temporarily due to their connection. Nightmares didn’t bond with any Seeker and were simple representation of darkness in the realm of sleep, similar to how heartless represent the darkness outside of the realm of sleep, now, since we didn’t drop to the realm of sleep and stayed in the other realms the whole time, Hsartless and Nightmares can’t dual exist at the same time since they both represent the same thing on their own realms.