Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

To me it was good to havent touched the critical mode jet but i heard only good things i will make my final judement first once all dlc is out and we have some basic idea what the Future of the series is gonna look like for kh4 i hope we can have some better pacing in the cutscenes and a lot more original storys with the disney/pixar material 

I loved it! Honestly, I felt that it is the best of the numbered titles by far. I will agree with some people that the game isn't super challenging (though I haven't attempted critical mode yet), but since I don't really care about a challenge in gameplay that didn't really bother me so much. 

All in all, I felt the game was amazing. 

It is a very solid 8 out of 10.

It's the best Osaka combat, but it's not as good as KH2. Credit where credit is due though, I've recently been playing KH2, and I found myself on multiple occasions dearly missing Attraction Flow, Flowmotion, Keyblade Transformations, and the ability to take photos. KH3 has great emotional moments, but the pacing is terrible, with really the only "important" things happening at the very beginning and the very end.

It's not an incomplete game, it's a typical KH game, and I wish people would realize this.

Probably somewhere between 7.5-8, with DLC potentially confirming an 8 overall.

Combat pleasantly surprised me, and characters are good. Only things that knocked the score down are lack of content (may be fixed soon), original worlds being lacklustre and some story issues.

I thought that this game had the best visuals (the cutscenes made me feel like I was watching a movie), the best world design for the Disney worlds (except for the 100 Acre Wood), and the best music (the original pieces composed for the cutscenes were the icing on the cake for me).  Even though I still think that the gameplay of Kingdom Hearts II was the best overall, the gameplay of Kingdom Hearts III was fun, and it provided you with more options than ever before.  In addition, the Gummi Ship was the best it has ever been.

While the cutscenes were better than ever before, sometimes they dragged on for too long.  While most of the Disney worlds were great, the 100 Acre Wood and the original worlds left me wanting more.  Also, while it was great having so many different gameplay options, not all of the gameplay options were great.  However, those are just minor complaints.  My only big complaint was with the story.  It felt poorly paced, it didn't seem like any of the original characters other than Sora got the attention they should have gotten (which could be considered part of the pacing issue), and the foreshadowing for future games made Kingdom Hearts III feel less like a finale and more like just another chapter in an even bigger story.  However, while Kingdom Hearts III did not have the best story, it did have the best moments in the entire series, so much so that I can't imagine how future Kingdom Hearts games will top those moments.

Overall, I felt that there were more positives than negatives, and the negatives that were there weren't enough to make me not enjoy the game.  We will have to see if future DLC makes me change my score, but as of right now, I give Kingdom Hearts III an 8/10.

Edited by Dagesh Lene

I'm waiting for the DLC for my final score. Right now it would probably be a 7.5 out of 10. I think. I enjoyed the game, I had a lot of fun. It wasn't perfect and there are some serious story pacing issues. I hope they are able to fix that going forward. But like the post above me said, some of the best moments were in this game. Moments that made me tear up. And while I didn't get everything I wanted, I got just enough to keep me satisfied with the game I played. Looking forward to the story DLC stuff that will add even more.

Also while non canon I also want to count the KH3 manga when it's finished too :P

I was disappointed, I would gladly given this game a ten out of ten, if only it had more of these things:

Sora being more mature, focused and stoic and less comical and childish. (He was really getting on my nerves)

The game being a lot more darker than what it already was, meaning a lot less comedy.

Some more mature elements like blood and profanity, even if it would seem out of the question in a Disney game.

More scenes focusing on the villains, especially Master Xehanort and the opportunity to see more of his backstory.

Having Riku, Kairi, ad infinitum being playable.

No lazy recreations of scenes from Disney films.

The official English translations of some lines being less cringeworthy.

Need I go on?

Second best game in the series after KH2:FM for me. Better than KH, Vanilla KH2, and the portable titles, it's high production value and polish are it's main edge against most of the series.

If I were to give the game a proper rating: 4/5, same rating I'd give to most games in the series.

I would probably rate the game 7 out of 10.

I certainly didn't hate it, and it was fun to play, but it was definitely not my favorite KH game, and not in my top favorite games of all time, either.

• Gameplay: fun, interesting, and the worlds were more expansive than before with more to do.  I honestly loved the addition of Lucky Emblems, because I felt that it rewarded exploration and gave an incentive to truly study and appreciate each world.  I really enjoyed the combat system as well, though the attractions were very much overkill in my opinion.
  • Story: was poor, in my opinion, and this is chiefly why I am giving KH3 such a low rating.  There was so much potential for so many plots and characters and I feel that they failed in many areas.  My main qualms are Kairi falling into the damsel in distress cliche AGAIN, time travel, alternate realities, and Xehanort suddenly becoming the victim.  I felt that much of the reunions between characters was also weak and rushed.  Overall, there was nothing memorable about KH3's plot for me, and I felt that they undid some of the strong writing that existed in the earlier games.
  • Graphics: Gorgeous.  I loved the visuals of each world, and the cutscenes were just amazing.  Definitely have no complaints here.

In sum, it was really the story that disappointed me.  I wasn't expecting anything amazing, but I feel that, despite KH3 being in development for so many years, the game was still rushed and it stood out.

18 hours ago, Iscreamer1 said:

I was disappointed, I would gladly given this game a ten out of ten, if only it had more of these things:

Sora being more mature, focused and stoic and less comical and childish. (He was really getting on my nerves)

The game being a lot more darker than what it already was, meaning a lot less comedy.

Some more mature elements like blood and profanity, even if it would seem out of the question in a Disney game.

More scenes focusing on the villains, especially Master Xehanort and the opportunity to see more of his backstory.

Having Riku, Kairi, ad infinitum being playable.

No lazy recreations of scenes from Disney films.

The official English translations of some lines being less cringeworthy.

Need I go on?

In that case, I don’t think you truly understand Kingdom Hearts after all. I’m all up for Sora being mature, but not the levels of NNNHHH SO HARDCORE “mature”.

As for the topic, I give it 8.6/10.

Like a 6.5

Honestly the gameplay was wonderful, and I enjoyed all the new additions. They could've given flowmotion a bit of a buff for how big some of the worlds felt, but I liked the feel of exploration and combat... The story on the other hand was pretty bad, Riku and Mickey felt nerfed and their roles just made them seem incompetent, despite them both being masters and that really sums up every other character too. Everyone NEEDED Sora in order to get anywhere and it made playing all the prior games feel unrewarding. Xehanort was this huge baddy, taking out everyone with little to no effort in BBS and in this game you had a whole group of guardians who sat and waited while Sora BSed his way to victory. It left a really sour taste after beating it. There's more .. but I find myself trying to avoid thinking about the game now that it's over, and that really says enough.

On 5/28/2019 at 4:38 PM, vrovvv said:

As a game it's like a 7

As a kh game it's a 6.

Super succinct and exactly how I feel. If I was to rate KH3 as a standalone title it would be an 8/10 simply due to those production values.

However KH3 was promised to be a conclusion to this saga, and what we received was far from that. I give it a 6/10 and that won't change, simply because I value the story over the gameplay in KH as a whole, and the story here was worse than recoded imo.

Recoded may have contributed nothing of value to the series overall but in itself its not a bad plot, actually its quite decent. If it weren't for the fact that it's essentially a rehash of KH1 it wouldn't be so bad.

KH3 on the other hand completely disregards much of what came before it, which is much worse than not affecting the overall story like Recoded. It's also just... Not very good.

For me, the game gets a solid 8 out of 10!

I only have three major complaints about this game:

• The lack of Final Fantasy characters. Yes, Nomura explained that he wanted the focus to be on the original characters that were all gathered in this game, and I understand that. But still, it felt jarring not seeing the Radiant Garden Restoration Committee, especially since Radiant Garden in this game was finally restored! I would've loved to see Leon and the gang again, and the fact that we didn't get so much as a reference to them made me sad. We also never got the Cloud v Sephiroth rematch to resolve their arc, and there was no new FF character cameo. The only FF things we really got were just mentions of Auron and Cloud, the Moogles appearing in shops as usual, and an NPC mentioning Seifer and his gang in Twilight Town. Having FF characters in KH is one of the staples of the series, so the absence of that was very much felt. Not enough for me to dislike the game, mind you, but still, I really missed them!
  • The lack of more original worlds. Don't get me wrong, the worlds for Kingdom Hearts III are among some of the best worlds in the series, with The Kingdom Of Corona, San Fransokyo and The Caribbean being my top three favorite Disney worlds in the game! But the lack of original worlds was also very much felt. Twilight Town was dramatically reduced, we only got to explore a ridiculously small segment of the Land Of Departure, and we were only in the Realm Of Darkness for boss battles! Granted, not all the original worlds had to make an appearance, but I would've loved to explore Castle Oblivion again and then the Land Of Departure, explore a full Twilight Town, explore the populated area of the Destiny Islands and explore a full Scala Ad Caelum! (Though I do feel we shall get an expanded Scala, kind of like how Cavern Of Remembrance was added to KHII Final Mix.) My favorite original world in the game is the Keyblade Graveyard because of how sheerly badass it is and the epic battles that ensue, but other than that, we can't really talk about any other original worlds since 90 percent of the worlds in the game were Disney worlds. I do hope that for the next saga, the original and Disney worlds are balanced out.
  • Severe lack of screentime for the other Guardians. Yes, I know that this game was to put the major focus on Sora, Donald and Goofy as they were to set out to get the Power Of Waking and end the suffering of all those that had suffered through Xehanort's machinations. I get that. But for a game meant to conclude a saga in this franchise, there should've been more screentime for the other Guardians! I would've loved to have more scenes with them talking to each other, catching up after all that had happened, and get some scenes of them struggling and whatnot prior to their reunions. More character growth and development out of the other trios, ya know? And after all the character development Riku had, he was severely underused in this game, as well as Mickey! The saving grace for this, though, is that every time we'd beat a Disney world, there'd be a healthy chunk of story following the original characters, so that was a saving grace. Having plenty of scenes with the villains was also a huge plus!

Those are really my only complaints. The difficulty was another one, but with Critical Mode in the picture, it's no longer the case, as I'm playing through it, and yes, it is difficult! XD But the story was amazing, and I loved how it referenced so many things from all the entries of the series so far! The character interactions, the cutscenes, the production values were through the roof! The music was phenomenal, the best in the series! Though I wish Yoko would've composed the final boss theme instead of...Kishimoto was his last name? Don't get me wrong, the final boss theme was great, but Yoko adds that extra gravitas, ya know? The gameplay was phenomenal and fun, and the Gummi Ship in this game is definitely the definitive version of this mechanic!

Overall, the game was an awesome conclusion to the Xehanort Saga, while also providing hints and clues and tantalizing teases about what's to come! In other words, I couldn't be more excited for the new saga! KHIII was everything I wanted and more, even if it lacked in some places! Nomura and gang, thank you for all your  hard work! :D