Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
KHWaterBlock

Kingdom Hearts III pre-order Keyblades available for purchase May 8th

Originally as pre-order bonuses, the Dawn Till Dusk Keyblade and Phantom Green Keyblade have been listed for individual purchase starting May 8th 2019. Dawn Till Dusk seems to be on both the Xbox Live and Playstation Network stores for Australia at the moment. Both Keyblades are listed for $4.95 AUD each.

While these are only for the Australian stores as of now, it's expected they will be on the rest of the digital stores soon after. As of right now the Midnight Blue Keyblade isn't available on Playstation Network.

We will keep you updated as more information releases for these Keyblades!

UPDATE [May 7, 2019]: Dawn Till Dusk and Midnight Blue are now available on the Japanese Playstation Network.

UPDATE [May 8, 2019]: The three Keyblades are now available worldwide on both Xbox Live and Playstation Network.

image (1).jpg

View full article

For a moment I got excited thinking that life size Keyblade replicas were being offered. :D. This, though, is seriously not worth it for me.  I don't like DLC in general, though, so I'm not sure if my opinion is valid.  There's just no way that I could justify spending $4 on one Keyblade.

16 minutes ago, VocaloidLover13 said:

The price is really low, so I might buy it. It's kind for them to not let those keyblades be only "exclusive" keyblades.

4 dollars is not even that much, guys.

For something that is basically a skin with only minor form changes and gameplay utility,  ~1/14 of the full game price is actually a lot in my opinion. Yeah, 4-5$ alone doesn't sound like much but for such a small change which doesn't even have such a marvelously different set of skills attached, it's a lot, especially when we consider this was a free pre-order bonus once. They will earn a lot of money with something that didn't cost them much to devise.

But if people want it, I certainly won't tell anyone how to spend their money and what they deem worth it. I just consider it a lot of money for something that had already been developed to be offered as a bonus for free and was hardly any extra work for them to make available anymore. Yes, work went into it and it's okay to want to make money, but the pricing is steep for something such as this. 

Add to that that there seems to be a new Keyblade and form coming for free as DLC, this feels like a rather expensive trinket.

46 minutes ago, VocaloidLover13 said:

The price is really low, so I might buy it. It's kind for them to not let those keyblades be only "exclusive" keyblades.

Have you ever paid for DLC in your life? Like ever?

Hmm interesting midnight blue is on the Japan store but not elsewhere.

Noticed searching for it on the UK store just gives an error, like its found the page linked to it but cant open for whatever reason.

Wonder if theres been a mistake adding the page. Doesn't make sense to me only Japan would get the DLC to purchase. Dont SE like money?

Though thinking about it, didnt Nomura say he wasnt going to charge for keyblades and etc.? I guess this is a technicality though as they were previously exclusive keyblades..

Edited by LAA

That's unbelievable. And I thought Kingdom Hearts 3 couldn't get any worse. Way to go Square Enix, everybody sells overpriced skin DLC, why would you do otherwise ? 

54 minutes ago, Cyberos000 said:

That's unbelievable. And I thought Kingdom Hearts 3 couldn't get any worse. Way to go Square Enix, everybody sells overpriced skin DLC, why would you do otherwise ? 

I have an idea. What if, you don't buy it?
Problem solved.

5 hours ago, cyntix said:

I have an idea. What if, you don't buy it?
Problem solved.

No worries. I won't buy these overpriced skins. Don't I have the right to criticize something as stupid as a weapon skin at 3 euros each ? 

These DLCs are not the worth ever BUT they are stupid nontheless. 

And no, the "Don't buy it" excuse won't work, it's with these mentalities that we will get more and more overpriced DLCs. 

Edited by Cyberos000

I guess ideally I'd like to get them for free, but this is the next best thing. I'd rather have some way to get them then no way at all, and it's just smart from a business perspective to charge if you know a significant user base will pay the price for it.

I certainly won't be shelling out money just for those, though I'm hoping all the paid DLC will be released as one big package so i can get it all at one time. 

15 hours ago, VocaloidLover13 said:

Why pay?  It is just going to give Square Enix and Disney the idea that they can milk us and keep up bad business practices like this in the future.

I'm a bit disappointed that they're this expensive, I'd prefer a dollar, but I am a little obsessed with completion so I shelled out for Dawn Til Dusk since I already got Midnight Blue. I'm hoping they release at least 2 more Keyblades that are different. I don't even mind if they release another Keyblade or 2 that just use Second Form, I really want them to have unique abilities along with at least one unique finisher / shotlock. 
I'm not too upset about this since it's just preorder stuff and it sounds like the big DLC will be much higher quality than this.