Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

I haven't roleplayed on a forum in actual years but this seems really neat! I have a character that's practically made for Somnum that I could bring into this if I find myself available and interested down the line.

I just graduated college, like, yesterday, so we'll see how busy or not I end up being in the real world

Edited by Sikota Urinakano

Huzzah! Here comes Aislinn and Pali’s daughter! 

Name: Lev Noirtier

Appearance: 5’6”, long black hair and green eyes. She usually wears a grey coat and black boots. 

Court affiliation: Ignis

Weapons:

Divine Slasher

53B099A7-6EEB-4BFF-AFA2-8384F4313ACF.thumb.jpeg.cfda03db83e16ac582dc68e9c98d2f48.jpeg

Revolver

91660D3D-65C6-48F3-AA91-2A60699940D0.thumb.jpeg.138956745747f25675882795f747c9c9.jpeg

Magic: Healing from her mother, but she doesn’t possess any other elemental abilities. However, she doesn’t have a full grasp of her powers. 

Personality: Kind, upbeat, and proud. She never looks for the bad, and is determined to help society any way she can. Lev does not tolerate injustice, and always wants to resolve any issues. She can be a bit quirky at times however. 

Background: Lev is the daughter Pali and Aislinn, who both had an unsteady relationship between one another. Not long after, Lev’s parents divorced, with Aislinn leaving her behind with the immortal Pali. After sixteen years pass, she left Pali, and lived a life as a commoner, visiting her father from time to time. However, as the days go by, her powers become more prevalent and almost uncontrollable, in response, she decides to join the Ignis Court, perfecting her swordsmanship and making a difference to society, while also learning to wield her powers effectively. 

@Sikota Urinakano  I feel like I've seen your name before somehow, long ago, but welcome to the roleplay, fellow RP'er!  I hope we all can and will have a great experience together, and I am interested in seeing your Somnum character.

Edited by Vaude

Here’s a more detailed, and revamped Jynn character sheet!

Name: Jynn Venas

Appearance: 5’9” brown hair, and blue eyes. Usually wears a black short sleeved hoodie with white lining, black leather gauntlets, and brown pants with black knee-high boots.

Court affiliation: Vivifica

Weapons:

Wields a a sword named Raging Leviathan, a weapon of his own design. It can transform into a scythe and an axe in its base form. When charged up, it will enter an amped state, with the blue blades will release a potent amount of electricity with each strike, and is able to cut through almost anything. However, it lasts only for a couple of minutes (one post), and Jynn will not be able to use this state again until after a couple of hours. 

90EB3640-72B3-4FC0-B7C5-79B7A9F59D72.thumb.jpeg.f699e599b8c4fbae8543955c299038f0.jpeg

Jynn also carries a revolver. 

396F44DC-6515-46E8-84B4-BB9DD27DC49A.thumb.jpeg.e469f2f17f290741e3032d770eb68bc5.jpeg

Magic: Jynn controls lighting, able to fire projectiles, create storms, and forge weapons with electricity. His powers give him resistance to heat-based elements, like electricity and fire. In addition, he also also has the power of aura manipulation and sensing. With this, nothing can remain truly invisible to him. 

Personality: Generally quiet, doesn’t often express feelings or emotions to those that are not close to him. Some individuals are intimidated by his presence because of his quiet nature. But behind his facade, lies a heart of gold. Often thinks outside the box, not afraid to go against tradition to help those in need. 

Background: Not much is known about Jynn’s past, other than he grew up not knowing his parents. The courts noticed that he possesses many talents and powers. It was a difficult process because of this, but because of his aura reading, swordplay came naturally to him. In the end, he was placed in the Vivifica Court, and was a valuable asset. A decade or so later, on his 21st birthday, the Vivifica Court had a new leader, Aislinn. Admired by her leadership, though he would never admit it, he aimed to be the best member he could, completely learning to wield his powers by the age of 23. 

Edited by Endless Thundaga

If everyone's good with it, I think we shall stick with the name Somnum for the court.  Thanks for the input!

8 hours ago, Saber Lily said:

Name: Kagura Sumeragi

45f9a0c41b6c7336b2bf33496faa121c.jpg
Court affiliation (if any): Somnus
Weapons:

Katana - Suzume

Grimoire - Oblivion Volume  13

Magic: 

Ice

Water

Unaspected Magic

Status Ailment: Freeze

Personality:

Shy, kind, extremely nervous, and prone to stuttering. Extremely loving and kind, and loves warm hugs. Below this hides a big heart, one with a will of GLORIOUS GIPPON STEEL FOLDED THOUSAND TIMES pure iron.

Background:

Born on the outskirts of Regalia, Kagura is a twin with Kaguya, a beautiful Vivifica magus. The "lesser" of the two to many,  Kagura - or Kaga - has been fairly lonely, and in this has gone to Somnus to learn magic. An adept with water and ice, Kagura pays for lodgings through being a Water Dancer, covered in veils and working to be as great as the Vivifica Magus "Princess of Victory" that Kaguya has been nicknamed...but for Kagura, this is a long, and weary road, one the Dancer fearfully treads...but never wanting to tread it alone.

Accepted!  By the way, it may be worth noting that if you are a mage within a court you are given room and board by the court itself, as each one is quite wealthy and cares for its mages.  In serving the courts these mages are also given funds, but it's plausible that Kagura needs the funds for another reason or there is some other motive for Kagura's dancing.

Also, should you ever want to use Kaguya as an NPC you are more than welcome to do so.

4 hours ago, HeartOfFerria said:

Name: Luka Rabbi
Court affiliation (if any): Somnum
Weapons: Javalin
Magic: Lightining, Water, and Sand magic
Personality: Lazy, Happy, but determined when she wants to be. She moves at her own pace
Background: Luka is a bit of a wild card in courts. She is either highly dedicated to her craft or overwhelmingly lazy. She doesn’t tend towards a happy medium. She is a experimenter, working in her magic craft to mix and toy with different  kinds of magics to see and document how they interact with each other  and the body and the world. She has had a few interesting breakthroughs with her magic. Mostly in using magic to covert the body into certain components.

5C80A80C-98B6-490C-9091-A2A1547C1C12.jpeg

Accepted!  I am quite happy to see that you have joined us, Heart.  I hope that you enjoy this adventure. :)

I'm curious: what is sand magic?

3 hours ago, Stardustblade358 said:

Name: Arun Roshan, The Undaunted
Appearance:

SPOILERS: Click to reveal

691ef75f7adf9e5ce340b5ff8c2efeec.jpg

Court affiliation (if any): Ignis 
Weapons:

• Lionheart - A trick weapon designed by Vincent S. Watson on commission. It has two forms:
    • Standard Short Sword
    • Battle Axe (When combined with Shield)
  • Lionsoul - A trick shield designed by Vincent S. Watson on commission. It has three forms:
    • Standard Shield
    • Expanded Shield - Expands into a larger, heavier shield, capable of protecting more area.
    • Battle Axe (When combined with Shield)

Magic: Earth Magic
Personality: Dutiful, stoic, and headstrong. He tends to follow logic over emotions and feelings. He does his best to restrain his emotions, and can come off as a rather boring person who limits himself to action rather than words. Yet, once one manages to warm up to him, one can pull away the walls that he has placed over the years. Deep down he is rather gentle, kind, and is rather softhearted. He tends to swallow up his emotions and then grief privately when no one else can witness, and is afraid to show what he really thinks of to those around him.

Background: Arun grew within an orphanage for the first few years of his life. It would not be until he was around four years of age that he would begin to show magical potential, along with a few others who began to develop their abilities. One day, a court mage of the court of Ignis would come in search to adopt a child. He would proceed to collect all magical gifted children and test them throughout the day. In the end, he would take Arun with him, and would officially adopt him as his child. From then on Arun was raised with the best education money could buy, and given everything he could possibly need. Except parental love. It was a partnership. Arun was the student, and his father was the teacher. He had expectations to meet, and he would meet them, or else. Knightly training, magical classes, history, philosophy; he had no hobbies. Only the goals given to him. He would grow to represent the best that the court of Ignis had to offer, and loyal to his court, and father, to no end.

Accepted!  I am looking forward to seeing the extent of Arun's earth magic in action. : )

1 hour ago, Sikota Urinakano said:

I haven't roleplayed on a forum in actual years but this seems really neat! I have a character that's practically made for Somnum that I could bring into this if I find myself available and interested down the line.

I just graduated college, like, yesterday, so we'll see how busy or not I end up being in the real world

Hey, Sikota, long time no see!  I remember you from the Experiment, and I think there was a role-play that Shard the Gentleman was hosting some time back that we were involved in together.  Regardless, welcome back, and I'm glad to see that your interest has been piqued in The Four Courts.  Should you decide to bring your character I would happily welcome it.  We are probably going to be starting within a few days, and integrating in the beginning will probably be easiest especially if you're just getting back into things.  However, you are welcome to join at any time, so if you want to come in later that's cool too.  Whatever works for you is fine with me, and if there's anything I can do to help just let me know.

And congratulations on your graduation!  How exciting!

1 hour ago, Endless Thundaga said:

Huzzah! Here comes Aislinn and Pali’s daughter! 

Name: Lev Noirtier

Appearance: 5’6”, long black hair and green eyes. She usually wears a grey coat and black boots. 

Court affiliation: Ignis

Weapons:

Divine Slasher

53B099A7-6EEB-4BFF-AFA2-8384F4313ACF.thumb.jpeg.cfda03db83e16ac582dc68e9c98d2f48.jpeg

Revolver

91660D3D-65C6-48F3-AA91-2A60699940D0.thumb.jpeg.138956745747f25675882795f747c9c9.jpeg

Magic: Healing from her mother, but she doesn’t possess any other elemental abilities. However, she doesn’t have a full grasp of her powers. 

Personality: Kind, upbeat, and proud. She never looks for the bad, and is determined to help society any way she can. Lev does not tolerate injustice, and always wants to resolve any issues. She can be a bit quirky at times however. 

Background: Lev is the daughter Pali and Aislinn, who both had an unsteady relationship between one another. Not long after, Lev’s parents divorced, with Aislinn leaving her behind with the immortal Pali. After sixteen years pass, she left Pali, and lived a life as a commoner, visiting her father from time to time. However, as the days go by, her powers become more prevalent and almost uncontrollable, in response, she decides to join the Ignis Court, perfecting her swordsmanship and making a difference to society, while also learning to wield her powers effectively. 

Accepted!  I was just musing to myself how it would be so ironic if Lev possessed both healing and necromancy from her parents, two of the most opposing arts there is!

Name: Soren Monroe, Fractured Bulwark of Ignis

Appearance: 7', strong build, pale, burnt, withered, damaged skin, corrupted complexion and red, fiery irises that fade into a yellow nearer to his pupils. Soren is bald due to his grave accident and wears a respirator-like device over his mouth, built with a combination of the most advanced technology of the time and magic to allow him to breathe. He wears dark-colored armour, with large, angular shoulder pads, Ignis-symbols where appropriate, leather gloves, thick, shin high boots, a long flowing black cape with a hood, all of it interlaced over his respirator system to protect it as well as his body. The armour, like his respirator, is enchanted with Soren's magic to strengthen it further.

Court Affiliation: Ignis

Weapons: Blade of Cinder - A large greatsword infused with the power of fire, allowing Soren to wreathe the large blade in flame whenever it is drawn and has served him well for many years.

Magic: Fire Mastery, Telekinesis, Earth Control, Physical and Spiritual Corruption

Soren has been a longstanding warrior and mage for the Ignis Court, not only capable of great power with their represented elements of Fire and Earth, but with a less visible force that grants him an edge in combat in the form of Telekinesis, to lift vulnerable opponents, pick up and toss inanimate objects and crush said objects, foes or their throats. What he can lift is only limited by his current power level and his mind, which already bears a strong will due to all he has endured and in desperate, or incredibly emotional moments, can perform great feats with any of his powers that will leave him exhausted but likely, with a defeated or wounded opponent.

Due to an accident that has left Soren scarred, deformed and in need of his magic/tech respirator in order to breathe, Soren's body and spirit have invited a corrupting darkness within him. It's both a blessing and a curse, for this darkness is what fueled his anger and hate, allowing him to survive his injuries in the first place, but now it is beginning to have its way with him, slowly but surely altering him and has already had a great effect, due to his eyes changing colour permanently, when it was just an initial change at first, along with his demeanor shifting over time. It has also affected his powers, his flames are dark blue rather than the usual orange-yellow and everything he does bears an aura, or at least a tinge of darkness to it, even his telekinesis.

Personality: Before his accident, Soren was always a bit of a grump. A snarky, old grump even at a younger age, but he always demonstrated a caring side to his comrades and those in need. After the event which left him considerably scarred and damaged, Soren has become bitter and a little lost, partly from injuries, his need for a respirator but also partly from his corruption due to allowing the Darkness the fuel his anger and hate in order to even survive. He's unsure exactly where he stands in the world, which is a dangerous place to be, as being so far on the brink can very well lead to a fall from grace. He thinks and acts like an Ignis, acting in the best interests of others, but his tainted body and spirit, the darkness that sustained him long enough to allow his respirator to be conceptualized, built and tested in such a short period of a desperate time, all have changed his outlook, for he seeks to eliminate his weakness, the damage done to him. He doesn't know how yet, but the lengths he will go to in order to find out are slowly but surely getting greater.

Background: Having been born and raised in the Ignis Court, Soren would take quickly to their teachings, becoming a stalwart warrior who embodied their core principles of doing his duty, bringing justice and protecting others, often stepping in to help his comrades both in combat and in butting heads with his superiors if they were being reprimanded for something he felt wasn't deserved or was being judged too harshly. In spite of this, he rose the ranks and his actions in battle and outside it had him become recognized as a Bulwark, a sentinel and insurmountable wall against their enemies and all who would bring harm to the innocent.

Ten years ago however, something was able to break this wall, to cause Soren irreparable damage that would change him forever. A rogue member of Ignis was causing problems for the Court for quite some time and Soren had sought to put them down for their treachery and the danger they posed toward the innocent, which all came to a head when the ex-Ignis initiated a brazen attack on the Court's headquarters, threatening to kill its master and all within its halls. The ex-Ignis stood before Soren and the other Ignis Warriors who fought alongside the Bulwark, wreathed in strange, crimson flames unlike any Ignis ever seen and was clearly half-mad at this point. Something was destroying the ex-Ignis from the inside out and piloting his body as a chaotic force of pain and destruction, causing his flames to burn hotter and with a ferocity no one could control, necessitating his quick demise. Soren ordered that there be no mercy for the unfortunate Traitor, so he was granted none, being assaulted viciously and without hesitation from all of the warriors, plus Soren, wounding him severely when he slipped up.

However before Soren could deal the killing blow, the possessed ex-Ignis suddenly exploded in a torrent of flame that immediately consumed Soren, burning his skin and scorching his lungs. The crimson flame spirit then blew its way through the Court's ceiling and escaped from Ignis, leaving Soren to scream in unimaginable agony for a good few moments. The other warriors went for help, but all hope was looking lost for Soren...until something changed. Soren's soul made a link to the Darkness and fueled his anger at the flame spirit, his hatred, his agony, all of it became fuel for it to sustain him temporarily. The man had always had some kind of link to the power, despite his being of Ignis, rather than Umbra, but it would save him that day, albeit with lasting consequences beyond his injury.

It took some time, a great deal of concern about Soren and his oddly yellow and red irises, along with how he was still screaming even when he slipped into unconsciousness from time to time, but eventually, they were able to help him, with a hastily put together respirator system that would be built upon later, but they had to prove the concept while Soren was still alive. The respirator was successful, but there wasn't enough power to keep it working for more than five minutes, necessitating the replacement of power cells repeatedly, it wasn't viable and would prevent Soren from fighting, so they then tried magic as a source of its power. This worked wonders, but only when Soren chipped in, for the technique they used for the now rune-powered rebreather required a link to its wearer. Once established, the system was given as many failsafes as possible to reinforce the unity of magic and technology, by special request from Soren, who would return to fighting 2 years after his grave injury, remaining a fractured, but reinvigorated Bulwark for Ignis.

Last one I swear-

Name: Arkane Gravemore
Appearance:

Spoiler

c1c622f5d2ae9a3c2a92820520180773.jpg5496a09710956fd4ab94738126d4af7e.jpg262cd9b338db4c21f4471419e60e642d.jpg34c64cf0fb5d4afb3b826df93d248a26.jpg

Court affiliation (if any): Umbra
Weapons:

• Songbird (Flute)
  • Voodoo Dolls & Materials
  • Rune Cards

Magic: 

• Necromancy
  • Curse Inducement
  • Voodoo
  • Cartomancy

Personality: Playful, blunt, and selfish. He values knowledge over emotions, and this has gotten him into trouble before. However, he is not fully as heartless as he appears, as he does follow the law, even when he finds some to be an annoyance to his research. He merely has a niche and limited number of friends and trusted ones, and even then they know of his extent.
Background: Arkane was originally found, ironically, in a cemetery. There had been rumors of unlicensed necromancy, and some music. A member of the Umbra court would come to check up on it. There they found a little Arkane having revived smaller animals, though in a wild, and uncontrolled manner. When asked, it turned out that Arkane was trying to revive his parents, living in the cemetery and having kept his parents' coffin above ground to try to get them to wake up. He was taken back to the court of Umbra, and there he was raised to hone his necromancy skills. He has grown to become a reputable necromancer. Some worry that his past has made him become afraid of attachment, and made him selfless. Regardless, his skills cannot be denied. 

Name: High Priestess Mabel
Appearance:
https://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-30/art/dff-yuna-wedding-gown-a.jpg
Court affiliation (if any): All
Weapons: Ornate Quarterstaff
Magic: None
Personality: Quiet, empathetic, and duty-bound.  Mabel expresses the wishes of the people and holds no real opinion or desire of her own.  If she did have any, none would know.  Mabel is seen as a soft-spoken soul who cares deeply for justice, but also peace.
Background: Mabel is sworn to a life serving Regalia and working to maintain the divine laws and traditions therein and to serve as the voice of Regalia among the courts.  She had been appointed to this role as an infant, and raised to become the high priestess at the young age of fifteen.  While maybe is kind and loyal, she has a sworn duty that she is obliged to fulfill, and never has she been seen among crowds doing anything that she would wish to take part in.  Much about her is shrouded in mystery, and beyond knowing her as the "High Priestess," it is uncertain who the girl really is.

Name: Tibarn Llang
Appearance:
d7gjra9-a6ab12dc-491c-4649-9075-e6c1755e

Court affiliation (if any): None, bounty hunter
Weapons: gunblades and throwing knives
Magic: None
Personality: Charismatic to a fault and loyal to his friends, Tibarn is the friendly jovial soul who cannot get enough drinks, flirting with beautiful women, and the thrills of a good treasure hunt.
Background: Raised by an oriental family in a quiet town in Regalia, Tibarn left home in hopes of taking up a job for one of the courts, hoping to support his aging parents.  When he returned one summer he'd come to find that his mother had passed away by a disease that had swept through, filling the young man with grief.  He didn't return to his job and instead drew inward, conversing with few and relying on many trips to the bar for comfort.  It wasn't until a trip to death's door that finally snapped him back into living again.  Tibarn left his hometown once more, this time meeting and befriending Gabriel Woods and Arno Cross.  He considers himself a bounty hunter/thief with morals, however: he won't take from orphans or the poor, and won't often kill for spoils unless he felt the person deserved it.  Tibarn travels with the crew in search of his sense of self and purpose.  But will he find it?  That remains to be seen.

Name: Daruk Mortem
Appearance:
Daruk is tall, standing about 6'5", with tanned skin and a fair number of tattoos.  He is broad shouldered and muscular, often wearing loose sleeveless vests and dark colored trousers.  His red hair is cut short, with long sideburns that make their way into his short-trimmed beard.
Weapons: claymore, mace
Magic: Fire and earth
Personality: Loud, jovial, and boisterous are all words that describe Daruk.  He is warm and friendly, willing to give almost anyone a chance to prove themselves worthy.  He is friends with his court, and truly desires for him and his mages to make a difference in the world.
Background: Daruk was born into the Ignis court by mage parents, though they refused to teach him how to harness his magic until he could wield a sword.  Daruk bonded well with his instructor, and was devastated upon his passing.  He swore to himself to become someone like his teacher, protecting the weak and leading the strong, and thus he did.  He became Maester of the Ignis court in his late thirties, and he strives to instill the same morals and principles upon the rest of the court.

I want to create a character for the Umbra court, but I'm just not feeling it for any ideas that I encounter.  I will still try to come up with something, however.

55 minutes ago, Nero Kunivas said:

Name: Soren Monroe, Fractured Bulwark of Ignis

Appearance: 7', strong build, pale, burnt, withered, damaged skin, corrupted complexion and red, fiery irises that fade into a yellow nearer to his pupils. Soren is bald due to his grave accident and wears a respirator-like device over his mouth, built with a combination of the most advanced technology of the time and magic to allow him to breathe. He wears dark-colored armour, with large, angular shoulder pads, Ignis-symbols where appropriate, leather gloves, thick, shin high boots, a long flowing black cape with a hood, all of it interlaced over his respirator system to protect it as well as his body. The armour, like his respirator, is enchanted with Soren's magic to strengthen it further.

Court Affiliation: Ignis

Weapons: Blade of Cinder - A large greatsword infused with the power of fire, allowing Soren to wreathe the large blade in flame whenever it is drawn and has served him well for many years.

Magic: Fire Mastery, Telekinesis, Earth Control, Physical and Spiritual Corruption

Soren has been a longstanding warrior and mage for the Ignis Court, not only capable of great power with their represented elements of Fire and Earth, but with a less visible force that grants him an edge in combat in the form of Telekinesis, to lift vulnerable opponents, pick up and toss inanimate objects and crush said objects, foes or their throats. What he can lift is only limited by his current power level and his mind, which already bears a strong will due to all he has endured and in desperate, or incredibly emotional moments, can perform great feats with any of his powers that will leave him exhausted but likely, with a defeated or wounded opponent.

Due to an accident that has left Soren scarred, deformed and in need of his magic/tech respirator in order to breathe, Soren's body and spirit have invited a corrupting darkness within him. It's both a blessing and a curse, for this darkness is what fueled his anger and hate, allowing him to survive his injuries in the first place, but now it is beginning to have its way with him, slowly but surely altering him and has already had a great effect, due to his eyes changing colour permanently, when it was just an initial change at first, along with his demeanor shifting over time. It has also affected his powers, his flames are dark blue rather than the usual orange-yellow and everything he does bears an aura, or at least a tinge of darkness to it, even his telekinesis.

Personality: Before his accident, Soren was always a bit of a grump. A snarky, old grump even at a younger age, but he always demonstrated a caring side to his comrades and those in need. After the event which left him considerably scarred and damaged, Soren has become bitter and a little lost, partly from injuries, his need for a respirator but also partly from his corruption due to allowing the Darkness the fuel his anger and hate in order to even survive. He's unsure exactly where he stands in the world, which is a dangerous place to be, as being so far on the brink can very well lead to a fall from grace. He thinks and acts like an Ignis, acting in the best interests of others, but his tainted body and spirit, the darkness that sustained him long enough to allow his respirator to be conceptualized, built and tested in such a short period of a desperate time, all have changed his outlook, for he seeks to eliminate his weakness, the damage done to him. He doesn't know how yet, but the lengths he will go to in order to find out are slowly but surely getting greater.

Background: Having been born and raised in the Ignis Court, Soren would take quickly to their teachings, becoming a stalwart warrior who embodied their core principles of doing his duty, bringing justice and protecting others, often stepping in to help his comrades both in combat and in butting heads with his superiors if they were being reprimanded for something he felt wasn't deserved or was being judged too harshly. In spite of this, he rose the ranks and his actions in battle and outside it had him become recognized as a Bulwark, a sentinel and insurmountable wall against their enemies and all who would bring harm to the innocent.

Ten years ago however, something was able to break this wall, to cause Soren irreparable damage that would change him forever. A rogue member of Ignis was causing problems for the Court for quite some time and Soren had sought to put them down for their treachery and the danger they posed toward the innocent, which all came to a head when the ex-Ignis initiated a brazen attack on the Court's headquarters, threatening to kill its master and all within its halls. The ex-Ignis stood before Soren and the other Ignis Warriors who fought alongside the Bulwark, wreathed in strange, crimson flames unlike any Ignis ever seen and was clearly half-mad at this point. Something was destroying the ex-Ignis from the inside out and piloting his body as a chaotic force of pain and destruction, causing his flames to burn hotter and with a ferocity no one could control, necessitating his quick demise. Soren ordered that there be no mercy for the unfortunate Traitor, so he was granted none, being assaulted viciously and without hesitation from all of the warriors, plus Soren, wounding him severely when he slipped up.

However before Soren could deal the killing blow, the possessed ex-Ignis suddenly exploded in a torrent of flame that immediately consumed Soren, burning his skin and scorching his lungs. The crimson flame spirit then blew its way through the Court's ceiling and escaped from Ignis, leaving Soren to scream in unimaginable agony for a good few moments. The other warriors went for help, but all hope was looking lost for Soren...until something changed. Soren's soul made a link to the Darkness and fueled his anger at the flame spirit, his hatred, his agony, all of it became fuel for it to sustain him temporarily. The man had always had some kind of link to the power, despite his being of Ignis, rather than Umbra, but it would save him that day, albeit with lasting consequences beyond his injury.

It took some time, a great deal of concern about Soren and his oddly yellow and red irises, along with how he was still screaming even when he slipped into unconsciousness from time to time, but eventually, they were able to help him, with a hastily put together respirator system that would be built upon later, but they had to prove the concept while Soren was still alive. The respirator was successful, but there wasn't enough power to keep it working for more than five minutes, necessitating the replacement of power cells repeatedly, it wasn't viable and would prevent Soren from fighting, so they then tried magic as a source of its power. This worked wonders, but only when Soren chipped in, for the technique they used for the now rune-powered rebreather required a link to its wearer. Once established, the system was given as many failsafes as possible to reinforce the unity of magic and technology, by special request from Soren, who would return to fighting 2 years after his grave injury, remaining a fractured, but reinvigorated Bulwark for Ignis.

It's Soren! Though I am saddened that he has suffered a fair bit more in this life than the previous one.  Hopefully he finds good fortune here.
Accepted!

16 minutes ago, Stardustblade358 said:

Last one I swear-

Name: Arkane Gravemore
Appearance:

c1c622f5d2ae9a3c2a92820520180773.jpg5496a09710956fd4ab94738126d4af7e.jpg262cd9b338db4c21f4471419e60e642d.jpg34c64cf0fb5d4afb3b826df93d248a26.jpg

Court affiliation (if any): Umbra
Weapons:

• Songbird (Flute)
  • Voodoo Dolls & Materials
  • Rune Cards

Magic: 

• Necromancy
  • Curse Inducement
  • Voodoo
  • Cartomancy

Personality: Playful, blunt, and selfish. He values knowledge over emotions, and this has gotten him into trouble before. However, he is not fully as heartless as he appears, as he does follow the law, even when he finds some to be an annoyance to his research. He merely has a niche and limited number of friends and trusted ones, and even then they know of his extent.
Background: Arkane was originally found, ironically, in a cemetery. There had been rumors of unlicensed necromancy, and some music. A member of the Umbra court would come to check up on it. There they found a little Arkane having revived smaller animals, though in a wild, and uncontrolled manner. When asked, it turned out that Arkane was trying to revive his parents, living in the cemetery and having kept his parents' coffin above ground to try to get them to wake up. He was taken back to the court of Umbra, and there he was raised to hone his necromancy skills. He has grown to become a reputable necromancer. Some worry that his past has made him become afraid of attachment, and made him selfless. Regardless, his skills cannot be denied. 

It's awesome to see a character that also uses a musical instrument as a weapon!  He gives me the vibe of Alone/Hades from Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas, if you're familiar with it (though it is probably just me).  I really am eager to see where you take Arkane.

Accepted!

Name: Henry Heid. "The Sun of Ignis"
Appearance: General appearance.

Spoiler

05wMWSp.png

Don't let its cloth-like appearance fool you, his outfit is reinforced with both leather and chainmal interweaving between the cloth, not protecting as much as regular plate armor, but still allowing for great protection.

Dreadnought form: 

Spoiler

sY9asoX.jpg

Utilized with massive Earth magic, needs a windup before it can be fully created. In this form, Henry's mobility is impaired but he gains an extremely thick, heavy and durable set of armor around him, emanating with both fire and earth's magic aura. In this form Henry can do even more impressive feats of strenght and Endurance.  In this form, Henry's sword takes the form of a greatsword made of pure fire, extending the blade's edge.

Note: This form has a hefty cooldown and expends a massive ammount of mana to use, and he cannot utilize Sunlight in this form. Blast magic is enhanced.

Weapons:  Sun's Edge.

Spoiler

Fire Emblem cosplay prop Mars sword 79cos

An Arming Sword of average size, a little big longer than his arm in length, Usualy used with one hand while he utilizes spells with the other, but the sword can also be used and swung around with both hands, which enhances the blade's abilities almost threefold , Its extremely sharp edges and point allow for devastating slashes and thrusts, Durable enough for Half Swording to be employed by gripping the blade mid swing to add more impact and force behind the attack. 

The sword has been tempered through combat, as such its naturaly in tune with him and he knows how to use it well, the sword can easily be enhanced with elemental magic, through magic attuned materials. The Ignis court's crest is endorned in the sheath's entrance. Which sits just beside his waist, below his left arm. 

The sword's center has a small mana crystal, which shines as Henry gains mana during combat.

Magic: Fire Magic, Blast magic (EXPLOOOOSIONS?!), Earth and Sunlight (Light + Fire)

Sunlight is a combination of Light and Fire, creating an extremely hot energy that resembles light, but can set things ablaze and have other applications.

Personality: Calm, collected, Just but kind is the best definition one can give Henry. He wholeheartedly supports and follows Ignis's teaching and treats all of its court members as brothers and sisters. He certainly has a heroic side of him he doesn't want to show much, but he is the first one to rush to someone's help as well as fight for his beliefs even if the rules have to be bended. 

During battle Henry is rather silent and focused, only ever speaking to taunt his enemy's stature and skills. Certainly in a state of battle focus.

Background: 

One of the most respected Ignis mages, for his actions and upbringing within the court. Henry joined the court at a young age of 9, showing prowess in the arts of fire and earth and an uncanny ability with light magic, contrasting his father and mother who controled Wind and Light respectively, first of his family to join the Ignis court and began his training right away.  Quickly finding many friends in the court, Arun and Lev beings notables ones. Both of which he trained regularly with.

In Ignis he learned to wield all forms of swords, axes and other meele weapons, but he found himself most comfortable with Arming swords which allowed for a good mix of defense and ofense, and he focused on mastering his swordsmanship with his swords. His fire magic and Earth magic were used to cover his weaknesses of range and raw strenght due to his sword's weight and size. 

When he was around 19 years old he mastered the art of fire magic and threw his own spin on it, Fire and Earth when used together were very strong, but were limited in speed. But what if he could change that? He learned that fire could be used in many ways, such as charging at high speeds at an enemy, as well as flash stepping behind an opponent using very controlled fire energy.

He took part in the fight which scarred Soren's face, he held himself rather well against the super powered mage, but he much like the others were unable to save Soren from the wounds that disfigured him. He was only 14 years old at the time and that experience had given him ideas on how to improve himself. And improve himself he did.

His mastery over fire had gotten so high he branched it off into a new school of magic which he utilizes Fire's combustive force and earth's mastery over the earthly elements to allow him to cast controlled explosions around him as well as using this new ability in meele combat with his "Blast Armor" which combines it with his Sunlight energy to create a protective aura around him, which builds up energy and explodes when in contact with an energy, not much in the way of damage but with very good force behind it, usualy knocking an opponent off balance.

His fire magic is used in many ways, both for close combat and ranged combat, with high mobility in the means of fire charges, blazing flash steps and more.

Henry only truly proved himself within the court when he defended his court's honor in a four way fight between: Himself, an Umbra mage, A Somnus mage and a high standing mage from Vivifica. The fight itself was allowed on an official capacity. They all teamed up against him even if the rules said otherwise. Through a long fight, Henry emerged the victor, having had beaten down all of the other mages and succesfuly defending Ignis's honor. The Event had been shown publicly, officialy allowed as a sparring match. After said Henry acquired a nickname title from the people as "The Sun of Ignis". 

When he was 22 years old, it was his first no holds-barred, lethal sparring match with Soren, one of the most powerful of the court, the battle was long and grueling, but his improvements over his skills showed as he managed to survive the Bullwark's onslaught and deliver his own blows. In the end they fought to a complete stand still, as one had expended most of their mana and couldn't continue fighting, ending it in a draw. Henry still thinks Soren went easy on him, or underestimated him.

Current events with Vivifica's disbanding has left Henry quite concerned, and he would jump at the chance of leading an investigation on their activity, especially when it comes to Itika. The Defection from Elliot only made him more determined to find out what VIvifica's been doing.

Edited by Scrapmaster

I have updated the original post with this world map of Regalia:

Gi1WdkW.jpg

Other continents exist within the world, but this is all that will be referenced to (or at least for the majority of the game).

These are also the majority of the towns and cities that will be referenced to, though it is safe to assume that other smaller villages and towns reside between these.  Scale isn't very accurate on this map, but from Vita City to Sanctus Heights is perhaps about 60 miles, to give a frame of reference.

I would ideally like to make a map outlining each court as well, but this one took me a good portion of the day to make, so I may or may not get to doing so.

I think we are waiting on at least one more character sheet, and I just have a few more things to prepare before we begin, hopefully starting toward the middle of this week.

I'm super excited, guys!  I hope that you all enjoy this adventure. :)

3 hours ago, Scrapmaster said:

Name: Henry Heid. "The Sun of Ignis"
Appearance: General appearance.

05wMWSp.png

Don't let its cloth-like appearance fool you, his outfit is reinforced with both leather and chainmal interweaving between the cloth, not protecting as much as regular plate armor, but still allowing for great protection.

Dreadnought form: 

sY9asoX.jpg

Utilized with massive Earth magic, needs a windup before it can be fully created. In this form, Henry's mobility is impaired but he gains an extremely thick, heavy and durable set of armor around him, emanating with both fire and earth's magic aura. In this form Henry can do even more impressive feats of strenght and Endurance.  In this form, Henry's sword takes the form of a greatsword made of pure fire, extending the blade's edge.

Note: This form has a hefty cooldown and expends a massive ammount of mana to use, and he cannot utilize Sunlight in this form. Blast magic is enhanced.

Weapons:  Sun's Edge.

Fire Emblem cosplay prop Mars sword 79cos

An Arming Sword of average size, a little big longer than his arm in length, Usualy used with one hand while he utilizes spells with the other, but the sword can also be used and swung around with both hands, which enhances the blade's abilities almost threefold , Its extremely sharp edges and point allow for devastating slashes and thrusts, Durable enough for Half Swording to be employed by gripping the blade mid swing to add more impact and force behind the attack. 

The sword has been tempered through combat, as such its naturaly in tune with him and he knows how to use it well, the sword can easily be enhanced with elemental magic, through magic attuned materials. The Ignis court's crest is endorned in the sheath's entrance. Which sits just beside his waist, below his left arm. 

The sword's center has a small mana crystal, which shines as Henry gains mana during combat.

Magic: Fire Magic, Blast magic (EXPLOOOOSIONS?!), Earth and Sunlight (Light + Fire)

Sunlight is a combination of Light and Fire, creating an extremely hot energy that resembles light, but can set things ablaze and have other applications.

Personality: Calm, collected, Just but kind is the best definition one can give Henry. He wholeheartedly supports and follows Ignis's teaching and treats all of its court members as brothers and sisters. He certainly has a heroic side of him he doesn't want to show much, but he is the first one to rush to someone's help as well as fight for his beliefs even if the rules have to be bended. 

During battle Henry is rather silent and focused, only ever speaking to taunt his enemy's stature and skills. Certainly in a state of battle focus.

Background: 

One of the most respected Ignis mages, for his actions and upbringing within the court. Henry joined the court at a young age of 9, showing prowess in the arts of fire and earth and an uncanny ability with light magic, contrasting his father and mother who controled Wind and Light respectively, first of his family to join the Ignis court and began his training right away.  Quickly finding many friends in the court, Arun and Lev beings notables ones. Both of which he trained regularly with.

In Ignis he learned to wield all forms of swords, axes and other meele weapons, but he found himself most comfortable with Arming swords which allowed for a good mix of defense and ofense, and he focused on mastering his swordsmanship with his swords. His fire magic and Earth magic were used to cover his weaknesses of range and raw strenght due to his sword's weight and size. 

When he was around 19 years old he mastered the art of fire magic and threw his own spin on it, Fire and Earth when used together were very strong, but were limited in speed. But what if he could change that? He learned that fire could be used in many ways, such as charging at high speeds at an enemy, as well as flash stepping behind an opponent using very controlled fire energy.

He took part in the fight which scarred Soren's face, he held himself rather well against the super powered mage, but he much like the others were unable to save Soren from the wounds that disfigured him. He was only 14 years old at the time and that experience had given him ideas on how to improve himself. And improve himself he did.

His mastery over fire had gotten so high he branched it off into a new school of magic which he utilizes Fire's combustive force and earth's mastery over the earthly elements to allow him to cast controlled explosions around him as well as using this new ability in meele combat with his "Blast Armor" which combines it with his Sunlight energy to create a protective aura around him, which builds up energy and explodes when in contact with an energy, not much in the way of damage but with very good force behind it, usualy knocking an opponent off balance.

His fire magic is used in many ways, both for close combat and ranged combat, with high mobility in the means of fire charges, blazing flash steps and more.

Henry only truly proved himself within the court when he defended his court's honor in a four way fight between: Himself, an Umbra mage, A Somnus mage and a high standing mage from Vivifica. The fight itself was allowed on an official capacity. They all teamed up against him even if the rules said otherwise. Through a long fight, Henry emerged the victor, having had beaten down all of the other mages and succesfuly defending Ignis's honor. The Event had been shown publicly, and has since earned Henry quite the bit of fame and his own title given to him by the maester himself. "The Sun of Ignis" 

When he was 22 years old, it was his first no holds-barred, lethal sparring match with Soren, one of the most powerful of the court, the battle was long and grueling, but his improvements over his skills showed as he managed to survive the Bullwark's onslaught and deliver his own blows. In the end they fought to a complete stand still, as one had expended most of their mana and couldn't continue fighting, ending it in a draw. Henry still thinks Soren went easy on him, or underestimated him.

Current events with Vivifica's disbanding has left Henry quite concerned, and he would jump at the chance of leading an investigation on their activity, especially when it comes to Itika. The Defection from Elliot only made him more determined to find out what VIvifica's been doing.

Yay, Henry's here!  This sheet is mostly accepted, though a few questions on the background: I am assuming that you probably already spoke with the other players about his affiliation with them (Lev, Soren, and Arun), though if not you may wish to check with them to confirm this.  The last thing would be the Ignis maester giving Henry a personal title.  The maesters try not to show favoritism, especially in a more lawful court such as Ignis, and thus I do not think he would personally bestow the title "Sun of Ignis," though perhaps you could change this to the people giving him this title, or that he was commonly called such.

Otherwise it looks great!

1 minute ago, Mystics Apprentice said:

:)

Yay, Henry's here!  This sheet is mostly accepted, though a few questions on the background: I am assuming that you probably already spoke with the other players about his affiliation with them (Lev, Soren, and Arun), though if not you may wish to check with them to confirm this.  The last thing would be the Ignis maester giving Henry a personal title.  The maesters try not to show favoritism, especially in a more lawful court such as Ignis, and thus I do not think he would personally bestow the title "Sun of Ignis," though perhaps you could change this to the people giving him this title, or that he was commonly called such.

Otherwise it looks great!

Fair enough, i'l edit it to just the people calling him such. Not a formal title.

Here’s my final character.

Name: Morpha Gallant

Appearance: 5’8”, red eyes, long red hair. She bears a large horizontal scar across her face. Wears something similar to Hela from Thor: Ragnarok, only without her horns, and a purple flame patten instead of green. 

Court affiliation: Umbra

Weapons: Carries a single gun. 

C42BE90C-9977-4FF1-941B-5D41C876DB48.thumb.jpeg.a7ad916ea27275eacddfb2606dfe02b1.jpeg

Magic: Morpha uses the power of darkness as her main weapon. She can do just about anything with it. She can even manipulate the trajectory of her bullets, however slightly, and they move slightly slower than normal. 

Personality: Selfish is one of the only words that can describe Morpha. She truly believes she is at the top. She knows that if she completes her missions, she will live a rich life. She doesn’t truly care about others’ lives. Sadistic is the second word that can be used to describe her. Morpha loves bringing others’ feelings down when she feels they deserve it. 

Background: Morpha was born to an extremely wealthy family, who severely spoiled her. At the age of nine, she was sent to the Umbra Court to harness her darkness. Sometime in her teenage years, Morpha came across Vivifica member Jynn, who she challenged to a spar of powers, just to try to look more superior. She lost every round, and in a blind rage, she tried to kill Jynn, but to no avail. Morpha came out with a huge gash across her face, and a burning hatred towards Jynn. Because of this act, the Umbra Court has been keeping a close eye on her ever since.

Edited by Endless Thundaga

4 hours ago, Endless Thundaga said:

Here’s my final character.

Name: Morpha Gallant

Appearance: 5’8”, red eyes, long red hair. She bears a large horizontal scar across her face. Wears something similar to Hela from Thor: Ragnarok, only without her horns, and a purple flame patten instead of green. 

Court affiliation: Umbra

Weapons: Carries a single gun. 

C42BE90C-9977-4FF1-941B-5D41C876DB48.thumb.jpeg.a7ad916ea27275eacddfb2606dfe02b1.jpeg

Magic: Morpha uses the power of darkness as her main weapon. She can do just about anything with it. She can even manipulate the trajectory of her bullets, however slightly, and they move slightly slower than normal. 

Personality: Selfish is one of the only words that can describe Morpha. She truly believes she is at the top. She knows that if she completes her missions, she will live a rich life. She doesn’t truly care about others’ lives. Sadistic is the second word that can be used to describe her. Morpha loves bringing others’ feelings down when she feels they deserve it. 

Background: Morpha was born to an extremely wealthy family, who severely spoiled her. At the age of nine, she was sent to the Umbra Court to harness her darkness. Sometime in her teenage years, Morpha came across Vivifica member Jynn, who she challenged to a spar of powers, just to try to look more superior. She lost every round, and in a blind rage, she tried to kill Jynn, but to no avail. Morpha came out with a huge gash across her face, and a burning towards Jynn. Because of this act, the Umbra Court has been keeping a close eye on her ever since.

Accepted!

Alrighty, finally finished my second character. Due to a verbal impediment,I’m trying to decide if I’m going to make a partner/interpreter for her, or have a magic item do that. 

Name: Valery 
Appearance:

73196b2ece063afe44aa1f414b9a9d7d.jpg
Court affiliation (if any): Vivifica 
Weapons:

Polearm

latest?cb=20130713203618

Shotgun

latest?cb=20130418150123
Magic: earth magic and limited light magic (focused lasers). “Gifted” with unnatural strength, stamina, durability, and regeneration. Familiar; a magical parrot who can act as scout, fetch small items, and translate her sign language for Valery.

0b1cc27f9f59210aeb268e929965e3aa--pirate

Personality: Valery tends to be blunt and to the point. While she is not tactless, she does sometimes view it as a waste of time. If she likes you, she'll hug you. If she doesn't like you, she'll not keep that dislike on the inside. While blunt, she is not unkind. When it comes to friends and colleagues, Valery is generally quite friendly with an odd sense of humor that pops up from time to time. She has little patience for trickery and deception. She is devoted to her Court, lending her indomitable will and strength to seeing the Courts goal of bettering the world done. She harbors a deep distrust and hatred for the Umbra Court. Due to her “condition”, she is constantly cold, especially to the touch. While she’s use to it, she does prefer warm drinks year round. In her off time, sun bathing (despite not tanning) and warm baths are her favorite indulgences. Because of her lack of ability to speak, she remains mostly silent. She will sometime uses grunts and simple shouts to communicate, but she primarily signs. (Translator likely coming).
Background: Valery doesn’t remember much of her childhood. She remembers living on the street with her older brother Davide. It was hard, but Davide would always provide and keep her spirits up. Then, when she was 8, she remembers a dark night when a dark man came and took her, Davide screaming her name helplessly as she was taken away. The next thing is waking up in a lab, inside a cage. Someone was trying to speak to her, but she was so hurt and frightened, she couldn’t process the words. Acting on instincts, she broke out of the cell with her bare hands and ran into the night. She tried to find Davide, but he was no where to be found. A few day laters and giving up hope, Valery was found by members of the Vivifica court and taken in. It was discovered by Vivifica healers that she had been infused with dark magic, augmenting her physical attributes. The cost seemed to be her ability to speak, though she could still make sounds, and an unnaturally low body temperature. Despite this tampering, Valery was more of a frightened child than monster, so the Court took her in to keep an eye on her. Eventually learning sign language, she was discovered to have some magical talent. She was fully accepted into the court, despite the misgivings of some, given training in Earth and Light Magic. As she grew over the next 18 years, she would work as muscle for the court, sometimes working with members of the Ignis court towards common goals. In her off time, she still tries to piece together what happened to her and, more importantly, what happened to Davide.

Edited by rikunobodyxiii

A couple of quick notes:

I am probably going to be running most of my characters in an NPC fashion, to focus more on the plot and your guys' characters.  This won't really change much for you, though my posts may be in an odd format since I will be focusing primarily on your guys.

Second, I will be giving Daruk, the Maester of the Ignis Court, over to Vaude to control.  He is very good at playing this particular role, and I'm sure that he'll give our muscular Ignis Maester more justice than I could. :)

Lastly, I'm working on combat rules between players as opposed to NPCs.  Because guns are permitted in the RP there will have to be some limitations on this when fighting other players, though I am not sure what to place on this just yet.  If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I welcome you to bring them to the table.  Otherwise I will see what I can come up with, or we can just handle it as it comes up.

@Vaude, @Nero Kunivas, @Stardustblade358, @rikunobodyxiii, @Endless Thundaga, does Pali, Eleanor, Arkane, Gerik, or Morpha come from a lineage of Umbra mages?  This will affect some things, so I was just curious to know how to set you up. :)  I'm thinking that Gerik, Morpha, and Arkane do not given their backgrounds, but I just wanted to make sure.  I know that Eclaire's mother comes from the Umbra Court @Saber Lily, so I am assuming that Eclaire does have a lineage from the Umbra mages.

On 5/19/2019 at 2:04 AM, HeartOfFerria said:

@Mystics Apprentice a magic that softens the composition of earth and stone into a fine grain. It can then be warped into sand traps or rushes of sand that will trap, slow, and knock over enemies. If the sand is moving fast enough it can start cutting skin.

I saw your updates and it looks good!  Thanks for the heads up!

2 hours ago, rikunobodyxiii said:

Alrighty, finally finished my second character. Due to a verbal impediment,I’m trying to decide if I’m going to make a partner/interpreter for her, or have a magic item do that. 

Name: Valery 
Appearance:

73196b2ece063afe44aa1f414b9a9d7d.jpg
Court affiliation (if any): Vivifica 
Weapons:

Polearm

latest?cb=20130713203618

Shotgun

latest?cb=20130418150123
Magic: earth magic and limited light magic (focused lasers). “Gifted” with unnatural strength, stamina, durability, and regeneration.
Personality: Valery tends to be blunt and to the point. While she is not tactless, she does sometimes view it as a waste of time. If she likes you, she'll hug you. If she doesn't like you, she'll not keep that dislike on the inside. While blunt, she is not unkind. When it comes to friends and colleagues, Valery is generally quite friendly with an odd sense of humor that pops up from time to time. She has little patience for trickery and deception. She is devoted to her Court, lending her indomitable will and strength to seeing the Courts goal of bettering the world done. She harbors a deep distrust and hatred for the Umbra Court. Due to her “condition”, she is constantly cold, especially to the touch. While she’s use to it, she does prefer warm drinks year round. In her off time, sun bathing (despite not tanning) and warm baths are her favorite indulgences. Because of her lack of ability to speak, she remains mostly silent. She will sometime uses grunts and simple shouts to communicate, but she primarily signs. (Translator likely coming).
Background: Valery doesn’t remember much of her childhood. She remembers living on the street with her older brother Davide. It was hard, but Davide would always provide and keep her spirits up. Then, when she was 8, she remembers a dark night when a dark man came and took her, Davide screaming her name helplessly as she was taken away. The next thing is waking up in a lab, inside a cage. Someone was trying to speak to her, but she was so hurt and frightened, she couldn’t process the words. Acting on instincts, she broke out of the cell with her bare hands and ran into the night. She tried to find Davide, but he was no where to be found. A few day laters and giving up hope, Valery was found by members of the Vivifica court and taken in. It was discovered by Vivifica healers that she had been infused with dark magic, augmenting her physical attributes. The cost seemed to be her ability to speak, though she could still make sounds, and an unnaturally low body temperature. Despite this tampering, Valery was more of a frightened child than monster, so the Court took her in to keep an eye on her. Eventually learning sign language, she was discovered to have some magical talent. She was fully accepted into the court, despite the misgivings of some, given training in Earth and Light Magic. As she grew over the next 18 years, she would work as muscle for the court, sometimes working with members of the Ignis court towards common goals. In her off time, she still tries to piece together what happened to her and, more importantly, what happened to Davide.

Accepted!  Also, if you wanted you could have her interpreter be an NPC, so that way you don't have to create a full-fledged character for this person unless you choose to do so later down the road.  Whichever works easiest for you.  There is still room for another character, if you did want to add on another.

@Mystics Apprentice Gerik has no Lineage in Umbra. Or at least, that he knows of. His family tree wasn’t believed illustrious enough to be kept track of, so he can’t say for certain. Not that he cares.

Might go with the NPC option for Valery’s interpreter, but haven’t decided yet.

Edited by rikunobodyxiii

Name: Saffron (Saff for short)
Court affiliation (if any): Unaffiliated/ Bounty Hunter
Weapons: Modified Rifle, Combat Knife
Magic: Wind and Metal Manipulation
Personality: Rather Serious while at work but calmer outside of it. She has a primarily all work no play kind of attitude but will move with her groups choice if she is working with one
Background: With a lineage of Vivican ties in her family. Saffron was born notably different, she never once preached unity or peace. She viewed all those ideals as misguided and pointless, impossible even.in her mind the one thing you could truly believe in is metal and intuition. You need to trust yourself. So once she turned of age. She simply left with with the rifle she had built by hand and the magics she had learned from her family. She now travels as a bounty hunter. Taking jobs when she can.

(Aaannndd there is my second I hope that is ok)

052137F7-6D6F-49F3-9E6F-83DAD2DA7F6D.jpeg

Edited by HeartOfFerria

Hey @HeartOfFerria

Metal magic's pretty concerning considering the setting, what kind of metal manipulation. Are we talking the "I can bend metal on touch or make things out of metal" Or "I can snatch your metal weapon out of your hand/break your weapons and armor entirely"?

Edited by Scrapmaster

I view it as pulling a specific kind of metal out of a short radius around you and forming a new shape. It’ll  primarily be used to make projectiles. However i hadn’t  thought of the implications it’ll  have on the world.

Edited by HeartOfFerria

1 minute ago, HeartOfFerria said:

I view it as pulling a specific kind of metal out of a short radius around you and forming a new shape. It’ll  primarily be used to make projectiles. However i hadn’t  thought of the implications it’ll  have on the world.

I think that people are worried about your character taking away their weapons/guns and destroy them. Which would seem a little overpowered. But if it is used to make projectiles, I do not see a problem.

This character wasn’t  built to get close enough to take. Only to use whats around her to loose focused barrages of metal. I can specify a range if that helps. How does 3 meters sound? I believe that would be somewhere around 16 feet.

I suppose i should further specify metals cause if somebody was within three meters and i chose iron, i could just turn the iron in your bloodstream into something more dangerous...

metal manipulation may be too broad of a subject now that i think about it.

Edited by HeartOfFerria