Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

So long as nobody loses their weapons or have the Iron in their blood messed wtih, I think it's alright.

I did not think of the Iron in the blood thing. That's god damn terrifying.

Edited by Scrapmaster

I did thought a little about it. Just like I did while thinking about my character's ability to control water at will. Not going to pull some Avatar bloodbending. No sir.

Using one's blood flow as a weapon through ferromagnetics or morphing metal, eh?  A scary concept, but a neat one all the same.  I look forward to seeing the implementations of a character who has both a wind-based and earth-based magical repertoire.

Also, ah, bloodbending!  The ultimate Waterbending technique, and with Theo Leviathan high tide can come any time at will, I think, which can only complicate matters if she did have this ability.  Thank goodness she does not . . . yet.

Ill keep her range on the metal short. Id prefer to have the wind remain as is due to her prime concept revolving around that ability and only being augmented by the iron.

Also the concept of iron control is touched upon in JoJo’s Bizarre  Adventure. The arc was very interesting.

Edited by HeartOfFerria

8 hours ago, HeartOfFerria said:

Name: Saffron (Saff for short)
Court affiliation (if any): Unaffiliated/ Bounty Hunter
Weapons: Modified Rifle, Combat Knife
Magic: Wind and Metal Manipulation
Personality: Rather Serious while at work but calmer outside of it. She has a primarily all work no play kind of attitude but will move with her groups choice if she is working with one
Background: With a lineage of Vivican ties in her family. Saffron was born notably different, she never once preached unity or peace. She viewed all those ideals as misguided and pointless, impossible even.in her mind the one thing you could truly believe in is metal and intuition. You need to trust yourself. So once she turned of age. She simply left with with the rifle she had built by hand and the magics she had learned from her family. She now travels as a bounty hunter. Taking jobs when she can.

(Aaannndd there is my second I hope that is ok)

052137F7-6D6F-49F3-9E6F-83DAD2DA7F6D.jpeg

I think metal manipulation would be a unique ability.  It can be advantageous in some areas, and I trust that it would be used fairly and within reason.  I mean, we could also be concerned about our fire mages melting metal and weaponry as well, so I do not see a great difference between those with fire magic and metal manipulation.  Metal manipulation is just a little more specific.  Saffron is accepted!

Also, I am doing research on RPs with guns and a good system to use, and between some articles that I've read (in addition to some great feedback from you guys), I should have a working guideline on that front soon.  Essentially it is really going to be up to the player's discretion, but faster bullets will have less accuracy, slower bullets will have more, and there will be a limited amount of ammo that can be used before having to reload your gun.  For magical guns, there will be limits to how much ammo you can use before it deteriorates your gun.  And there is also the fact that guns would be a ranged weapon rather than a melee one.  I'm trying to make it so that there are pros and cons to them.  While a gun is very lethal and far faster than any magic spell, I'm trying to balance it so that it has its drawbacks, too.  More on that to come soon, I hope.

If all goes according to plan, I'm hoping to have this ready to launch this Friday.  Does that sound like a good starting time for everyone?

Gun should need to require maintenance. At least thats how i like to view guns in RPGs, lets not forget misfire chances from D&D. Plus misfire situations can create tension. But backfire situations can create an intense atmosphere. Cause then you cant use your gun and must rely on your others skills.

Edited by HeartOfFerria

26 minutes ago, Mystics Apprentice said:

I think metal manipulation would be a unique ability.  It can be advantageous in some areas, and I trust that it would be used fairly and within reason.  I mean, we could also be concerned about our fire mages melting metal and weaponry as well, so I do not see a great difference between those with fire magic and metal manipulation.  Metal manipulation is just a little more specific.  Saffron is accepted!

Also, I am doing research on RPs with guns and a good system to use, and between some articles that I've read (in addition to some great feedback from you guys), I should have a working guideline on that front soon.  Essentially it is really going to be up to the player's discretion, but faster bullets will have less accuracy, slower bullets will have more, and there will be a limited amount of ammo that can be used before having to reload your gun.  For magical guns, there will be limits to how much ammo you can use before it deteriorates your gun.  And there is also the fact that guns would be a ranged weapon rather than a melee one.  I'm trying to make it so that there are pros and cons to them.  While a gun is very lethal and far faster than any magic spell, I'm trying to balance it so that it has its drawbacks, too.  More on that to come soon, I hope.

If all goes according to plan, I'm hoping to have this ready to launch this Friday.  Does that sound like a good starting time for everyone?

I think those sound like good rules.

And I think Friday is a good day, I don't have any issue with that.

30 minutes ago, Mystics Apprentice said:

Sounds good to me. I’ll be working unfortunately, but I’ll try to post at night. 

51 minutes ago, Scrapmaster said:

Ignis court has an Unique rule

If a mage from Ignis sets things on fire too much, he is promptly thrown into the ocean in the nearby beach. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5666148

I knew that there must've been a secret mental reason that I put the Ignis court, that consists of a ton of fire mages, by the ocean! XD. Now to see if they will sink or swim. :P 

Name: "Laguna", The Maelstrom

Gender: Unknown, bears an androgynous figure and masked voice.

Appearance: 5'9, almost always floating slightly off the ground, dons a full-body covering set of hooded robes, soft-fabric trousers, gloves, simple shoes and an ornate, completely face covering mask, with eyeholes that cannot be peered into with any results, only allowing any eye glow to be seen when Laguna uses their powers. All of this covers a fairly androgynous body as mentioned before, along with a magically modulated voice, all disguising who Laguna truly is, what they look like and even their name is an alias. The robes are a mixture of dark blues and grays, with a large Somnum emblem emblazoned upon the back. The palms of Laguna's hands are engraved through the gloves and their skin with magical runes, that serve a purpose.

Court Affiliation: Somnum

Weapons: Hammer of the Maelstrom, Mjolnir - Laguna's personal weapon, bearing resemblance to the weapon of the Thunder God Thor of Norse Mythology, from it's appearance down to the name. Forged with Laguna's own hands long ago and enchanted, it is a weapon capable of channeling their powers as a vector, while also bearing its own strengths, such as incredible durability allowing the weapon to survive damage that would break any other hammer, sword or axe and a specific enchantment that prevents the hammer from being picked up and wielded by those it considers unworthy, feeling like an immense weight that cannot be lifted to those who are so. With a simple extending of Laguna's, or the worthy's hand, Mjolnir will fly to their hands and can be manipulated to intercept enemies, fly independently or spun by the leather strap and flung forward to initiate personal flight by its wielder, meaning the hammer is an excellent form of transportation.

While Laguna's powers are their own, this weapon in the hands of those who are worthy shall possess the power of Laguna so long as they hold it and if they already use at least some of Laguna's powers, they will be enhanced.

Magic: Weather Control, Thunder and Lightning Mastery, Mystical link to Mjolnir, some degree of the Arcane.

Fittingly for a wielder of such a hammer and member of the Somnum Court, Laguna possesses the ability to generate and control electricity in a variety of destructive forms, from lightning bolts from the skies, channeled streams of electricity, wreathing their body in lightning, electric orbs, blasts of electrically charged energy to knock opponents off-balance and the list goes on. Whether it is through use of Mjolnir or their own power, Laguna controls their abilities with the skills of a master, including the power to influence and control the weather to generate storms, fly and float above ground, charge Mjolnir or their fist with electricity then initiate a devastating ground-pound or just enhance their blows with the weapon or otherwise with their energies.

Laguna possesses greater durability, strength and speed than non-mages, possesses knowledge and wisdom that would suggest they have lived for a long time, longer than most people and can use the Arcane, though it is still seen as Lightning, to change their attire to whatever they desire, but for a long time, Laguna hasn't diverged from the hooded robes and mask.

Personality: A truly altruistic, caring yet mysterious Somnum Mage, Laguna earns either the ire and suspicion of those around them, or the unwavering trust and understanding of others. Most Somnum should feel a sense of camaraderie with Laguna in spire of their deliberate hiding of their face, gender and past, by making people know and potentially appreciate the person they are now, be it through simple chatter or gestures of affection, or greater acts of kindness or even great justice for those who are wronged. Laguna's attentive, always listening and frequently ponders on the meaning of words spoken to them or the actions they have witnessed, leading them to be incredibly considerate of their own actions and words, knowing that they will have a great effect on the future and the world around them, but it by no means makes them hesitant, cowardly or inactive, rather the opposite of all three in dire situations especially.

Laguna is however personally disgusted by Vivifica's discarding of the old ways and subsequent cutting ties with the other courts, viewing them as dangerous, reckless and potentially power-hungry and will view any member their come across with skepticism, great suspicion and hostility. This attitude extends to the morally dubious, the criminal and truly malevolent beings of the world that Laguna has and may come across.

Background: Very little is known of Laguna's past before they came to join the Somnum Court, when they entered its halls masked, robed and only calling themself "Laguna" without revealing a gender or their true voice, Laguna was met with great suspicion and initially refused by the elders of Somnum, but through simple, calm insistence and the demonstration of their powers, along with a clear love for the ideals of the court the elders were convinced to grant Laguna the chance to prove themselves further under their wing and officially inducted them.

For the next several years beyond that, Laguna would learn the ways of Somnum, fight in battles in their name and further their abilities, but at first made little in the way of friends despite Laguna's friendly demeanor, her colleagues weren't sure what to make of them at first, but would still fight alongside them whenever the need arose. The title of "The Maelstrom" was an unofficial nickname at first, after her colleagues witnessed their abilities firsthand in sparring, but would later become an official title when Laguna's power won them several important battles, saved the lives of fellow Somnum and stuck her neck out to protect those who needed help, earning her several honours, the title and the respect of her now comrades in Somnum.

After Vivifica began to deviate from the other courts and eventually split off from their Order, Laguna felt nothing but disgust and disappointment with the rogue Court. Now she meditates on what is to come...

(Edits made and the characters powers have been reworked.)

Edited by Nero Kunivas
Reworked the character.

Just now, rikunobodyxiii said:

*eye twitches* one letter off...

oh, I miss the Witch.

Same here, friend. Same here.

May the gods bless that Void Witch.

1 hour ago, Nero Kunivas said:

Name: "Laguna", The Maelstrom

Gender: Unknown, bears an androgynous figure and masked voice.

Appearance: 5'9, almost always floating slightly off the ground, dons a full-body covering set of hooded robes, soft-fabric trousers, gloves, simple shoes and an ornate, completely face covering mask, with eyeholes that cannot be peered into with any results, only allowing any eye glow to be seen when Laguna uses their powers. All of this covers a fairly androgynous body as mentioned before, along with a magically modulated voice, all disguising who Laguna truly is, what they look like and even their name is an alias. The robes are a mixture of dark blues and grays, but there are a few things noteworthy about them: Aside from the large Somnum emblem emblazoned upon the back, there are strange, multicoloured gems upon Laguna, one on the back of each hand, a few lacing their arms, a large, center gem upon their chest and one in their forehead, unable to be seen by anyone, but the visible ones protrude through the robes and gloves completely, as if they were always there. The palms of Laguna's hands are engraved through the gloves and their skin with magical runes, that serve a purpose.

Court Affiliation: Somnum

Weapons: Laguna doesn't usually wield a weapon, melee or ranged, on their person, preferring to utilize their immense magical power, the gems and their accompanying runes. Should the mood take them, they are capable of summoning weapons at will from the Arcane where they store the instruments.

The Blade of Holy Moonlight - A large greatsword imbued with the power of Moonlight, giving the blade a constant, ethereal and mysterious green glow, with slowly flowing, intricate patterns and energies constantly flowing through it, even when not being actively swung or its powers activated. When the radiant moonlight is activated within it, Laguna can send forth crescent waves of strange energy to eviscerate opponents, erupt it from around them or concentrate the power and slam the sword to the ground, sending a large, destructive wave of energy to cause massive damage. Laguna cannot combine the power of their gems with the greatsword, for the power would be too great and would either destroy Laguna, the sword, or the world itself, so they will instead completely focus on using the greatsword to it's fullest and neglect the gems intentionally, meaning the Moonlight Blade is a complete change in fighting style when called forth.

SPOILERS: Click to reveal

Magic: The Power of the Mana Gems, inherent magical prowess.

Laguna is adorned with several, powerful multicoloured crystals called the Mana Gems. No one knows how Laguna claimed them, where they came from or what exactly they are aside from not being derived from Itika at all, but a different force entirely. Only Laguna can truly control the Mana Gems and they cannot be removed from their person, unless Laguna willingly detaches them. Thankfully for Somnum, Laguna is a benevolent person and is fully on their side, meaning their great magical power can be used to serve the greater good.

Chest Crystal - Gem of A Bounteous Heart: The largest Mana Gem, the center of their collective might and purest of them all. It grants Laguna a great bolster to their spirit and fortitude, enabling them to utilize the energies of the Mana Gems to their fullest, along with keeping their Heart pure and impervious to corruption and sinful actions, though some of these are subjective, others are more objective and proven, such as resistance to corrupting, malevolent forces. This Mana Gem is a brilliant deep blue in colour, the powers within are vibrant, constantly in motion and lightly pulse with Laguna's heartbeat.

Left Hand Crystal - Gem of Inordinate Power: Might embodied, focused and worn by a Somnum Mage, but crafted an inordinate amount of time prior. This Mana Gem grants Laguna control over the sustaining and destructive energies of the Arcane, meaning they can conjure and control powerful destructive magics such as beams, orbs, waves of energy and empower their physical strength and durability, while the sustaining powers allow Laguna to heal wounded allies. The Power Gem is a distorted-looking violet in colour, for it swirls with impure and pure energies constantly.

Right Hand Crystal - Gem of Amenable Reality: When one takes a hold of this gem, reality can become whatever the bearer wishes, to an extent. This Mana Gem allows Laguna to manipulate reality, casting intricate, convincing illusions to mess with their foes, the transmuting of objects into whatever Laguna desires, for instance, transforming inanimate rocks into a veritable swarm of vicious bats and back again, or reducing harmful energies to harmless matter such as flowers or bubbles. The Reality Gem bears deep crimson shades and glows that shift and alter, as to reflect the ever changing nature of reality when Laguna calls upon its power.

Forehead Crystal - Gem of An Ascendant Mind: Invisible to most under the cover of Laguna's mask, but its impact is just as notable as it can be subtle. The Mind Gem has expanded Laguna's mind, granting them greater capacity for knowledge, increased intelligence and wider range of thought and imagination, meaning the versatility of the Mana Gems is greatly increased when one bears this gem. The weak-minded are capable of being influenced by Laguna to do their bidding, be it to wipe their mind of recent events or convince them to do something on Laguna's behalf, though it also has made Laguna empathic, allowing them to sense the feelings of others around them. The Gem is a soft orange-yellow, with tranquil, potentially insidious energies stirring within it.

Arm Crystals - Minor Gems of Arcane Potency: Minor Mana Gems that simply fortify Laguna's soul and body against the harmful side effects of using the Mana Gems, but can only protect them so much, for overuse will strain them and allow the Gems to damage Laguna's body.

Focusing Runes: Magic Runes that allow the powers of the Mana Gems to flow through Laguna's hands without too much hassle.

Mana Gem Limitations: The Mana Gems require a physical gesture/action in order to be used actively, beyond their passive abilities, meaning Laguna cannot just think a person to death, or crush their bones without direct input or resistance. Overuse of the Mana Gems is the utilization of two or more Mana Gems at once to perform more powerful, intricate abilities, which exacts a lot of strain upon Laguna and their protective Minor Gems and they only do this if necessary or are overcome with anger. The Gems should never be used alongside the Moonlight Blade, for reasons mentioned before. It is theoretically possible to utilize all four Mana Gems at once to perform one, world changing action with the snap of Laguna's fingers, but not only have they not dared do this, but the potential strain of all of that energy coursing through them would severely wound and exhaust them, potentially even kill Laguna if their Minor Gems are already exhausted prior to this.

If Laguna dies without relinquishing the Gems beforehand, their power will die with them, leaving them nothing but inert, barely glowing crystals.

Personality: A truly altruistic, caring yet mysterious Somnum Mage, Laguna earns either the ire and suspicion of those around them, or the unwavering trust and understanding of others. Most Somnum should feel a sense of camaraderie with Laguna in spire of their deliberate hiding of their face, gender and past, by making people know and potentially appreciate the person they are now, be it through simple chatter or gestures of affection, or greater acts of kindness or even great justice for those who are wronged. Laguna's attentive, always listening and frequently ponders on the meaning of words spoken to them or the actions they have witnessed, leading them to be incredibly considerate of their own actions and words, knowing that they will have a great effect on the future and the world around them, but it by no means makes them hesitant, cowardly or inactive, rather the opposite of all three in dire situations especially.

Laguna is however personally disgusted by Vivifica's discarding of the old ways and subsequent cutting ties with the other courts, viewing them as dangerous, reckless and potentially power-hungry and will view any member their come across with skepticism, great suspicion and hostility. This attitude extends to the morally dubious, the criminal and truly malevolent beings of the world that Laguna has and may come across.

Background: Very little is known of Laguna's past before they became The Maelstrom, who would go on to bear the legendary Mana Gems and join the Somnum Court and later oppose the rogue Court Vivifica in disgust of their actions. All the other Somnum know is that they arrived on their doorstep one day, robes, mask, gems and all and would request to be initiated into their Court. It was highly unorthodox, especially as they wouldn't reveal their face or gender, masking their voice and seemingly void of any gender-specific quirks or tics, but their fortitude was great, their love for the ideals of Somnum and simple, calm insistence that they be given this chance was enough for them to be inducted, later passing the trials to become a Somnum Mage.

'The Maelstrom' was an unofficial title some of the Somnum Scribes began referring to Laguna as during their debates and study of their mysterious comrade. Laguna allowed it, of course, wanting the intellectual men and women of Somnum to test themselves, to seek Laguna's Past themselves through deduction, analysis and discussion. Their true potential in combat however was what made 'The Maelstrom' official, as Laguna so demonstrated in spars and attempted attacks upon the Somnum Court, using the Mana Gems against the foes of the Court to their fullest and to spectators, it appeared as a veritable maelstrom of magic, shredding weaker foes, making an example out of the beaten, formerly powerful enemies and allowing Laguna to best others in Mage Sparring.

Now after Vivifica's seeming betrayal, Laguna meditates on what is to come...

(Okay. Here is my Somnum Character. Please tell me I haven't overdone it... lol)

Ooh, I really love the mystery that shrouds Laguna and the ambiguity of him or her.   This looks like a really promising character.  The gems, however, do not quite work with the setting, unfortunately, as a person is either born gifted with magic or they are not.   There are some magical trinkets that are Itika-enhanced and whatnot, though in this universe magic comes from a specific source, and I'm afraid that the legendary gems wouldn't quite work out.

Perhaps these gems were made so that Laguna could channel her/his magic a certain way, and without them Laguna's magic is either unruly or nonpresent?  Would something like that work?

27 minutes ago, Mystics Apprentice said:

Ooh, I really love the mystery that shrouds Laguna and the ambiguity of him or her.   This looks like a really promising character.  The gems, however, do not quite work with the setting, unfortunately, as a person is either born gifted with magic or they are not.   There are some magical trinkets that are Itika-enhanced and whatnot, though in this universe magic comes from a specific source, and I'm afraid that the legendary gems wouldn't quite work out.

Perhaps these gems were made so that Laguna could channel her/his magic a certain way, and without them Laguna's magic is either unruly or nonpresent?  Would something like that work?

Ahh, I was afraid of that. :/

Would I just have to change the Gem's purpose? Or does Laguna need a full overhaul, powers and all, would you say?

11 hours ago, Nero Kunivas said:

Ahh, I was afraid of that. :/

Would I just have to change the Gem's purpose? Or does Laguna need a full overhaul, powers and all, would you say?

My apologies there.  I stared at this a while trying to figure out how to make this work (or plot relevant), and sadly I'm just finding the concept of the gems not fitting with how magic works within the universe.  

If you'd like, the gems could be reworked so that they kind of work like an arcane focus, or aid Laguna in channeling her magic because it is difficult for him to control it otherwise.  Or if you would rather rework Laguna's magic that would work, too.  I don't think the character would need a complete overhaul, though I am sorry to have you rework even the gem aspect.  This was a cool idea, and I'm saddened that I have to turn it down.

51 minutes ago, Mystics Apprentice said:

My apologies there.  I stared at this a while trying to figure out how to make this work (or plot relevant), and sadly I'm just finding the concept of the gems not fitting with how magic works within the universe.  

If you'd like, the gems could be reworked so that they kind of work like an arcane focus, or aid Laguna in channeling her magic because it is difficult for him to control it otherwise.  Or if you would rather rework Laguna's magic that would work, too.  I don't think the character would need a complete overhaul, though I am sorry to have you rework even the gem aspect.  This was a cool idea, and I'm saddened that I have to turn it down.

Ahh well, it's fine. I'm perfectly all right with reworking Laguna's powers at least, so don't feel bad.

I'll get to it soon-ish then I'll let you know when it's done via Discord. :) 

2 hours ago, rikunobodyxiii said:

@Mystics Apprentice

adding a parrot familiar to Valery to aid in her communication, along with some scouting and fetching duties. Might have been a pirate in a previous life.

That sounds perfect!  Hopefully this parrot doesn't command that we walk the plank as some pirate parrots do. ;)

1 hour ago, Nero Kunivas said:

Ahh well, it's fine. I'm perfectly all right with reworking Laguna's powers at least, so don't feel bad.

I'll get to it soon-ish then I'll let you know when it's done via Discord. :) 

No problem, and thanks for being so understanding. :) I'm actually here quite a bit more than Discord, but I'll keep tabs on the sheet as much as I can.

2 minutes ago, Mystics Apprentice said:

That sounds perfect!  Hopefully this parrot doesn't command that we walk the plank as some pirate parrots do. ;)

Oh, nothing like that. Though the idea of it having kleptomaniac tendencies has crossed my mind.

Ah ha! A Somnum character, as advertised.

Name: Mako Koyle 
Appearance: 

DzAJFjMUUAAf-cl.jpg

Court affiliation (if any): Somnum
Weapons: 

350?cb=20130220062639

Magic: Lightning, teleportation (includes short range personal teleportation, and portals), affinity for enchantment 
Personality:  

Mako has always been talkative and funny, but since discovering her magic and joining Somnum, her tendencies have skyrocketed to hide insecurities. She never expected to be anything more than a shop keeper, a nobody left alone by history. With her magic and membership in a court, she feels like a fraud, faking her way through a life she neither deserved or was intended for. She also has no real feeling of belonging or loyal to her Court, which makes her feel even more out of place. So, she covers this all up with humor and a bit of a motor mouth, expressing bravado she doesn’t feel. 

In aid of her dealing with her anxiety of not measuring up his some hobbies, such as playing a rauschpfeife, tai chi, and her work as an enchanter.

Background: The Koyl family have run a success grocery store for several generations. The led quiet and out of the way lives, living comfortably off their work, and leaving the fate of the world in more qualified hands. This was a fact of life Mako Koyl had accepted and found rather comforting. That simpler life was rather rudely taken away when her latent magic abilities flared up, opening a portal to deep in the ocean. It was only with the help of a Somnum customer that she managed to close it, leaving part of the store flooded, and some very weird looking fish dead. Overwhelmed by this revelation, she was quickly ushered to the Somnum court for training. She wasn’t particularly wild about the idea of joining a court, but that’s what you did if you had magic, right? Over the next two or so years, she developed her magic, clinging to her aptitude for enchantment as something vaguely normal in this crazy new life. Though she projects a confident if talkative air, she is terrified that she is out of her depth and sinking fast. And with the recent news about the Vivifica Court, she wonders if she’s approaching the bottom...

8 hours ago, rikunobodyxiii said:

Ah ha! A Somnum character, as advertised.

Name: Mako Koyle 
Appearance: 

DzAJFjMUUAAf-cl.jpg

Court affiliation (if any): Somnum
Weapons: 

350?cb=20130220062639

Magic: Lightning, teleportation (includes short range personal teleportation, and portals), affinity for enchantment 
Personality:  

Mako has always been talkative and funny, but since discovering her magic and joining Somnum, her tendencies have skyrocketed to hide insecurities. She never expected to be anything more than a shop keeper, a nobody left alone by history. With her magic and membership in a court, she feels like a fraud, faking her way through a life she neither deserved or was intended for. She also has no real feeling of belonging or loyal to her Court, which makes her feel even more out of place. So, she covers this all up with humor and a bit of a motor mouth, expressing bravado she doesn’t feel. 

In aid of her dealing with her anxiety of not measuring up his some hobbies, such as playing a rauschpfeife, tai chi, and her work as an enchanter.

Background: The Koyl family have run a success grocery store for several generations. The led quiet and out of the way lives, living comfortably off their work, and leaving the fate of the world in more qualified hands. This was a fact of life Mako Koyl had accepted and found rather comforting. That simpler life was rather rudely taken away when her latent magic abilities flared up, opening a portal to deep in the ocean. It was only with the help of a Somnum customer that she managed to close it, leaving part of the store flooded, and some very weird looking fish dead. Overwhelmed by this revelation, she was quickly ushered to the Somnum court for training. She wasn’t particularly wild about the idea of joining a court, but that’s what you did if you had magic, right? Over the next two or so years, she developed her magic, clinging to her aptitude for enchantment as something vaguely normal in this crazy new life. Though she projects a confident if talkative air, she is terrified that she is out of her depth and sinking fast. And with the recent news about the Vivifica Court, she wonders if she’s approaching the bottom...

She sounds interesting, and I would indeed welcome another mage into the Somnum court.  Accepted!