Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
AwesomeKHfan

Is the X-Blade the most powerful Keyblade

I would say in terms of powers, yes, since it has the ability to control Kingdom Hearts and revert all the worlds to the original World and start anew.  However, in terms of battle power, I'd say probably not.  To me it seems it wasn't created as a weapon to fight with, but a tool to use with Kingdom Hearts.  Plus, if it was the strongest Keyblade, I highly doubt Sora would be able to hold his own against it.  Although, if you have Kingdom Hearts, it seems you can draw on it's power, like the end of the Xehanort fight, where Sora 'loses' and has to be assisted by Donald and Goofy to beat him once and for all.

Well, seeing how it's the one that all other keyblades were forged in the image of, yes. Absolutely, without a doubt. People seem to forget that the keyblades were literally forged, while the X-Blade is a counterpart to Kingdom Hearts, a magical entity with God-level power. It's not even close.

I would say though, that wielding it is similar to wielding a keyblade, its strength comes from the wielder's heart. In the X-blade's case, this includes Kingdom Hearts, which is made up of every heart that has ever been. This would mean that Kingdom Hearts would have greater control over the X-Blade's strength than its wielder, and it could have limited Xehanort in the fight against Sora, so as not to destroy the universe.

Storyline wise it's said to be. But Ultima Weapon has it beat in gameplay. So it boils down to story vs game really. Has X-Blade ever won any fights? Xehanort lost with it and Vanitas also lost with it. Power scaling is tricky in Kingdom Hearts. But for story purposes it is the top dog. Just don't let Ultima Weapon hear you say it.

Edited by SweetYetSalty

3 hours ago, SweetYetSalty said:

Storyline wise it's said to be. But Ultima Weapon has it beat in gameplay. So it boils down to story vs game really. Has X-Blade ever won any fights? Xehanort lost with it and Vanitas also lost with it. Power scaling is tricky in Kingdom Hearts. But for story purposes it is the top dog. Just don't let Ultima Weapon hear you say it.

Especially 3's Ultima and Ultimate Form, completely destroys Xehanort.  Also you can wipe the first Scala fight against the armored darknesses with one shotlock with the Ultima, since it deals massive damage to all of them, and they share a health bar.

19 hours ago, Azure Flame said:

I would say in terms of powers, yes, since it has the ability to control Kingdom Hearts and revert all the worlds to the original World and start anew.  However, in terms of battle power, I'd say probably not.  To me it seems it wasn't created as a weapon to fight with, but a tool to use with Kingdom Hearts.  Plus, if it was the strongest Keyblade, I highly doubt Sora would be able to hold his own against it.  Although, if you have Kingdom Hearts, it seems you can draw on it's power, like the end of the Xehanort fight, where Sora 'loses' and has to be assisted by Donald and Goofy to beat him once and for all.

It would be pretty counter intuitiv if sora had THE keyblade inly for it to be weaker than this weapon. And you are right the x-blade can be best underatood as a doomsday machine while the keyblade draws its power from good things like friendship amd believe in oneself which sora has plenty of

Despite the dodgy track record in combat (it has only appeared twice, wielded by an antagonist and the first time it was incomplete) it has a unique connection to Kingdom Hearts, which is why Xehanort wants it. In terms of raw power there are more powerful keyblades, but it's not raw power that Xehanort is after. As best I can describe, the X-Blade is the key to Kingdom Hearts and influencing it, as well as accessing the nexus that is Scala ad Caelum. Xehanort uses it to reverse the polarity of Kingdom Hearts and Sora uses it to reverse the reversed polarities.

On 5/28/2019 at 9:23 AM, Darkfire1408 said:

Well, seeing how it's the one that all other keyblades were forged in the image of, yes. Absolutely, without a doubt. People seem to forget that the keyblades were literally forged, while the X-Blade is a counterpart to Kingdom Hearts, a magical entity with God-level power. It's not even close.

I would say though, that wielding it is similar to wielding a keyblade, its strength comes from the wielder's heart. In the X-blade's case, this includes Kingdom Hearts, which is made up of every heart that has ever been. This would mean that Kingdom Hearts would have greater control over the X-Blade's strength than its wielder, and it could have limited Xehanort in the fight against Sora, so as not to destroy the universe.

This.

Also, do keybaldes themselves have their own unique abilities and levels of power outside of gameplay?  Obviously we have different stats for different keyblades, this is an RPG, but I feel as though canonically, keyblades are just intermediaries for a wielder's own power.  A wielder who is a master at magic such as Aqua isn't that way because of the keyblade she chooses to wield.  Likewise, Terra isn't an absolute tank because he has a ridiculously huge keyblade, rather the other way around.  As far as transformations (which I think are cheesy anyways), they probably come from the wielder's own imagination, not the blade itself.

I mean you wouldn't say "X sword is more powerful than Y sword" but you would say "it has a longer reach, it's light, durable, easier to hold".

The only exceptions I can think of are the X-blade (obviously), and Xehanort/Luxu's keyblade.

With all that being said, the design of the X-blade doesn't even seem practical for melee combat.  It's bulky and awkwardly shaped.  Just look at the fight with Xehanort, he has to teleport around the battlefield because he probably doesn't have much dexterity with it.   Perhaps it was never meant for combat at all

Edited by JPansullo7