Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
xXMikey1stXx

Why is the master of masters talking to young xehanort?

Like I never would have thought about this ever. To me this is the biggest curve I ever seen in kingdom hearts. Why is young xehanort talking to the master of masters? Didn't the secret report by luxu meant xehanort was unknowingly apart of a greater plan? How is he not in the world where sora is? Is this young xehanort after he disappears during the xemnas/Ansem fight? Why is the master of masters their during the current keyblade war? Where exactly did he go from back cover that lead him to the final battle? 

I have many more questions, but it's just too much based on this one meeting. Any theories you can think of, please share because my mind is officially blown.

Scratch why, what about how!? Isn't the MoM supposed to be trapped in the afterlife, since he faded during the age of fairytales!? How the goddamn is he talking to Young Xehanort? What about "he will return" in the secret reports? How is MoM there in the first place? He shouldn't be there in the first place!!!

Edited by AnotherXehanort13

What we are forgetting here is that Nomura is known to trick us and show us scenes that are out of context. Yes, Young Xehanort is seen talking to who must clearly be the Master Of Masters, due to the mannerisms and expressions, but maybe it could be Luxu? I mean, as Xigbar, he had those mannerisms down pat! He could've just had his cloak on to conceal himself so that Young Xehanort wouldn't catch on to him. Yes, that would mean that Xigbar is actually a  lot older, yet he retains a youthful appearance! Or maybe he has another body as a vessel during that point in time, and the face concealed is on purpose so we never know who that host body is!

But if it is the Master Of Masters, this is most probably a flashback, as in the trailer, we do see Young Xehanort with silver eyes as opposed to yellow, so this must have been some time after Xehanort departed the Land Of Departure to see the outside world. How the heck the Master Of Masters is even around and about is baffling, to say the least, but all the more interesting! :D

Also, Luxord seems like he's going to be majorly important!

Let's see...

The scene most likely takes place right after YMX's Mark of Mastery exam, seeing as how YMX referred to the exam as a "tour of the worlds" in his reports. imo, the figure he's speaking to is the MoM. I've always been a believer that the MoM's heart is in the box. If that's the case, he could freely travel to any point in the future. The box seems to have been hidden in either Scala ad Caelum or the Keyblade Graveyard, so he could have gone straight from Back Cover to that spot where his heart was located in the future. He probably couldn't stay there for long if he was just a heart or a consciousness, though.

The notion of the MoM being "trapped in the afterlife" hasn't been substantiated. The place in the secret ending isn't limbo. (Probably.) If Sora "died", he would have been sent back to the Final World. Considering what the power of waking is used for, he's probably just stranded in an unfamiliar world and lost the ability to go elsewhere. That doesn't mean that the MoM couldn't get there a normal way. He probably wasn't there this whole time. He's been in a box, waiting for his Nobody to recomplete him. lol

I mean... That's just what I've been thinking for a while and the trailer just kinda makes it make sense. Of course, you have to believe that the MoM's heart is really what's in the box.

As for WHY he's talking to YMX... Maybe his encounter with YMX is the reason he even knew that Luxu should pass the No Name down to a master of darkness. Like, he sought YMX out first to ensure that such a person would exist. Hard to say... I think there's something else going on. There was something suspicious about YMX's behavior in KH3.