Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Dagesh Lene

Xehanort in the Re:Mind Trailer

A trailer for Kingdom Hearts III Re:Mind has been released.  In the first scene that the trailer shows, we see Young Xehanort with grey eyes talking to who seems to be the Master of Masters.  While the scene is short and doesn't reveal a whole lot, it does shed some light on some things.

Since Xehanort still has grey eyes, we know that this is before Xehanort started embracing the darkness.

We now know that the mysterious man, who seems to be Master of Masters, is the one who first introduced the black coats that could ward off darkness to Xehanort.  I think that there is a possibility that the introduction to this black coat is what first led Xehanort to abandon the use of his Keyblade armor.

The Master of Masters asks Young Xehanort, "So how'd it go?  The world tour."  The Master of Masters saying that reminded me of Secret Report 2: Mark of Mastery Journal from Kingdom Hearts III, which was written by Xehanort.  It said, "Some days have passed since I set off on my journey to prepare for the Mark of Mastery examination.  Eraqus asked for leave to undertake the same pilgrimage, but apparently I am to be the first to tour the worlds written of in the old fairy tales."  So, this scene seems to take place after Xehanort finished his preparations for the Mark of Mastery exam by touring the worlds.  The worlds Xehanort visited also seem to be the worlds written of in the Book of Prophecies.  I don't know if that is important or not, but it probably is.

In response to the Master of Masters' question of how the world tour went, Xehanort said to him, "In an awful way, I realized just how necessary I am."  It seems that Xehanort may have already started forming his plan to purge the World even back then.

As we see in Secret Report 2, it is during his world tour that Xehanort realizes that darkness can be mastered, and, after he completes his world tour, he decides to do so and wield it in proper balance with light, which means that it must not be too long after this scene that he get his yellow eyes.

That's all I can get out of this scene right now, but I can't wait to find out more once the DLC is released.

Edited by Dagesh Lene

On 6/9/2019 at 10:22 AM, Sinre said:

The ‘here’s a coat which protects you from darkness so you may use the darkness without harm’ idea is basically going to corrupt Xehanort anyway. emoji57.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus we see Master Xehanort using dark corridors without the use of the black coats. 

Plus we see Master Xehanort using dark corridors without the use of the black coats. 

Yes! Exactly.

Anyone else starting to absently wonder if Xehanort was trying to sabotage the MoM? His discussions with Sora seem to direct him to push on, after all.

1 minute ago, ienzo628 said:

I don't know how Xehanort could surpass the MoM.  Was the whole point of starting the Keyblade War meant to serve the purpose of resurrecting the Master of Masters or something?

It may be that the Master Of Masters was manipulating things, but I don't think Xehanort would've started a second Keyblade War to revive him. I do believe the whole purge deal to be his real reason rather than reviving the MoM.

10 minutes ago, The Transcendent Key said:

It may be that the Master Of Masters was manipulating things, but I don't think Xehanort would've started a second Keyblade War to revive him. I do believe the whole purge deal to be his real reason rather than reviving the MoM.

That's possible.  Maybe it wasn't Xehanort's purpose, but what about Xigbar's?

Between Luxu and Luxord and the Master of Masters and Xehanort (and Demyx), we are a long way from seeing the end of this...

I’m intrigued to how they’ll untangle Luxord and Demyx’s names...

On 6/11/2019 at 4:09 AM, Sinre said:

Between Luxu and Luxord and the Master of Masters and Xehanort (and Demyx), we are a long way from seeing the end of this...

I’m intrigued to how they’ll untangle Luxord and Demyx’s names...

That's the beauty of the mystery, eh? :D

As for their names, Demyx's is probably Emyd or Dyme. Luxord...is actually pretty rough to untangle. Perhaps Rould? Or Druol?

On 6/11/2019 at 4:01 AM, ienzo628 said:

It's too early to tell.

True, but that's where the fun begins!

On 6/11/2019 at 5:01 AM, ienzo628 said:

I hope we get more of a backstory behind Xehanort. 

That would be awesome, to get to see more of his young self before he fully embraced the darkness! :D

11 hours ago, hanifanze said:

Was the whole point of starting the Keyblade War meant to serve the purpose of resurrecting the Master of Masters or something?

If you're talking about the 2nd keyblade war, I wanna say no because I feel like it must have occurred for an even bigger reason... But I think that the war might have been partially necessary to the Master of Masters' revival for at least one reason.

This is just a theory, but people have assumed that the black box was hidden somewhere in the keyblade graveyard or in Scala ad Caelum. One of the lines Maleficent says to Pete implies that they were having trouble finding the box because it must have been hidden in another time. During the keyblade war, Xehanort opened a portal to Scala ad Caelum. Xigbar could have dragged it out from there, or something else about the war caused the box to reappear in the keyblade graveyard.

During the final stage of the fight with Xehanort, as you're fighting on top of the tower, there are these huge summon circle things that appear on the ground. (And even before that, enveloping all of Scala ad Caelum, iirc.) The summon circle things have the emblems of the Foretellers on them, including a goat to represent either Luxu or the MoM. I wouldn't be surprised if that had something to do with their return as well. Combined with the fact that the Daybreak Town clock tower is under the water there, Scala ad Caelum definitely has a connection to everything.

I kinda get the impression that the first keyblade war was used to set everything in motion, and then the second war was to restore things to the way that they were. (For the MoM and the Foretellers, at least.) Xehanort used the war for his own plans, of course, but the MoM probably had his own use for it.

21 minutes ago, setsugekka said:

If you're talking about the 2nd keyblade war, I wanna say no because I feel like it must have occurred for an even bigger reason... But I think that the war might have been partially necessary to the Master of Masters' revival for at least one reason.

This is just a theory, but people have assumed that the black box was hidden somewhere in the keyblade graveyard or in Scala ad Caelum. One of the lines Maleficent says to Pete implies that they were having trouble finding the box because it must have been hidden in another time. During the keyblade war, Xehanort opened a portal to Scala ad Caelum. Xigbar could have dragged it out from there, or something else about the war caused the box to reappear in the keyblade graveyard.

During the final stage of the fight with Xehanort, as you're fighting on top of the tower, there are these huge summon circle things that appear on the ground. (And even before that, enveloping all of Scala ad Caelum, iirc.) The summon circle things have the emblems of the Foretellers on them, including a goat to represent either Luxu or the MoM. I wouldn't be surprised if that had something to do with their return as well. Combined with the fact that the Daybreak Town clock tower is under the water there, Scala ad Caelum definitely has a connection to everything.

I kinda get the impression that the first keyblade war was used to set everything in motion, and then the second war was to restore things to the way that they were. (For the MoM and the Foretellers, at least.) Xehanort used the war for his own plans, of course, but the MoM probably had his own use for it.

technically sora and co opened the poratl to scala ad caelum

18 minutes ago, ocean's rage said:

technically sora and co opened the poratl to scala ad caelum

Okay, true. Xehanort was, himself, the portal. lol

Either way, what I'm saying is that the MoM must have seen all of this in the future and planned accordingly.

I’m of the view that the MoM saw what was coming... the defeat of Light was inevitable. But he needed someone to change it. To stop it. Changing time, using the Power of Waking, so he faded away - that’s what Sora did... but MoM faded away too.

But MoM knows that power is too terrible to have in anyone’s hands and he laid contingencies... ones I expect Luxu has been tempted by. My gut is that Luxu has tried to take advantage...

... but my gut also says Xehanort and Eraqus became self-aware pieces on MoM’s game board and laid down plans for the future.

30 minutes ago, Sinre said:

I’m of the view that the MoM saw what was coming... the defeat of Light was inevitable. But he needed someone to change it. To stop it. Changing time, using the Power of Waking, so he faded away - that’s what Sora did... but MoM faded away too.

But MoM knows that power is too terrible to have in anyone’s hands and he laid contingencies... ones I expect Luxu has been tempted by. My gut is that Luxu has tried to take advantage...

... but my gut also says Xehanort and Eraqus became self-aware pieces on MoM’s game board and laid down plans for the future.

Personally, I think the MoM time traveled by putting his heart in the box, and that's why he disappeared. The power of waking isn't the same as time travel. It seems more like time manipulation. (Power of waking: Time moves while you stay in place. Time travel: You move as time stays in place.) We saw the MoM in the DLC trailer talking to YMX, so I don't think he abused the power of waking like Sora did.

I think you're right about Xehanort and Eraqus, though. Particularly Xehanort. As an old man, he was just a puppet of the MoM and Luxu, but I think that once YMX was brought back from the past and saw what was happening, he realized how he was being used. That's probably why he was encouraging Sora to find the hearts joined to his. There was definitely something going on with him. He didn't seem to be 100% into what they were doing.

Now that I think about it, the MoM might have wanted someone like Sora to use the power of waking so he didn't have to. LOL Wow, what a jerk.

Personally, I think the MoM time traveled by putting his heart in the box, and that's why he disappeared. The power of waking isn't the same as time travel. It seems more like time manipulation. (Power of waking: Time moves while you stay in place. Time travel: You move as time stays in place.) We saw the MoM in the DLC trailer talking to YMX, so I don't think he abused the power of waking like Sora did.
I think you're right about Xehanort and Eraqus, though. Particularly Xehanort. As an old man, he was just a puppet of the MoM and Luxu, but I think that once YMX was brought back from the past and saw what was happening, he realized how he was being used. That's probably why he was encouraging Sora to find the hearts joined to his. There was definitely something going on with him. He didn't seem to be 100% into what they were doing.
Now that I think about it, the MoM might have wanted someone like Sora to use the power of waking so he didn't have to. LOL Wow, what a jerk.

This is exactly what I think. He manipulated it so that someone else would fix everything and then rocks up after? Or, even worse, caused the prophesied disaster to happen in a manner he could manage and just shrug about the casualties that were ‘unavoidable’?

Dunno.

It feels more manipulative than benevolent.

Especially in pushing Xehanort so.

Him whispering to Sora is definitely telling us something.