Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

UPDATED: Tetsuya Nomura states Kingdom Hearts III Re:Mind DLC will have a similar amount of bosses to KH2FM, that he plans to release it as soon as possible, and more

This week's issue of Famitsu Weekly magazine will include an interview with Tetsuya Nomura, the director of the Kingdom Hearts series, where he discusses both Final Fantasy VII: Remake and the new DLC coming to Kingdom Hearts IIIKingdom Hearts III Re:Mind. Thanks to ryokutya2089, a summary of the information in this interview can be read below. Translations have been provided by KH13 Staff @Mio-chan.

• Nomura has stated that the recently announced, strongest class Limit Cut boss from Re:Mind was not shown in the Re:Mind DLC trailer. The trailer only shows elements from the additional scenario.
  • Sora's Oathkeeper Keyblade and new form will release simultaneously with Re:Mind as a free DLC.
  • The number of new bosses in Re:Mind will be roughly as many as there were in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix.
  • As stated previously, the DLC will include the additional "Re:Mind" scenario, a Limit Cut episode and bosses, and also a secret episode and bosses.
  • Although there isn't a proper release date for it yet (aside from "this Winter"), Nomura wants to release Re:Mind quickly, and not too close to Final Fantasy VII: Remake's release in March 2020.
  • Roxas can be selected after advancing through additional scenarios, like Riku and Aqua.
  • Additional scenarios are independent of and can be enjoyed after clearing the main story.

UPDATE: The full translation of the interview is now available! You can read it below. (Thanks to KH13 Staff Members @Mio-chan, @NihonScribe, and @Solis for the translations!)

Before E3, a paid DLC Kingdom Hearts III Re:Mind was revealed. What is the meaning of this title?

Nomura: I am often contacted by the public relations department and been told it’s a reminder. It means something like reconfirmation, but at the same time, you’re prompted to reply. (laugh) This is what it means but it has also a double meaning. So the meanings are reminderreconfirmation, and heart’s regeneration.

In the logo, there is an unfamiliar mark added between "Re" and "Mind".

Nomura: I think its meaning changes depending on whether you decide to connect or cut them. Until now, "Re" has been frequently used, so I wanted to implement a deeper meaning with a more resonant symbol. I thought that a musical symbol was appropriate so I chose "vide" and "coda". Based on the meanings I’ve mentioned here, I hope you will analyze it in various ways.

(Note: In music, a "vide" signifies a skipped section of a performance, whereas a "coda" is a section that is similar to, yet distinct from, the main piece. A coda is often used as a concluding and/or summarizing movement.)

It’s a pleasant surprise to hear that Riku, Aqua and Roxas are playable. Is this a scene where we fight against the strongest class enemy, Limit Cut?

Nomura: No, you got it wrong. The elements shown during the video are included in the main story, it is not related to Limit Cut. The last thing shown during the video is a new Keyblade and transformation, Oathkeeper, for Sora. It will be released simultaneously as a paid and a free DLC.

Then, Riku and his friends are also playable in the additional scenario?

Nomura: You can play as Riku and Aqua in the main story, but there is a scene where you can pick a character while advancing in the additional scenario as well.

It seems like the scenario takes place during the final battle at the end of the main story…

Nomura: Yeah (laugh). The additional scenario itself is independent. You can enjoy its content after clearing the main story.

The moment where we see the Master of Masters and young Xehanort as well as Luxord and Xigbar after that, are scenes from the additional scenario, right?

Nomura: That’s right. Luxord and Xigbar’s conversation takes place at the beginning of this additional scenario. Since it’s an "additional scenario", there are a lot of cutscenes this time. It was rewritten twice, and its volume considerably increased in the final draft, so it became denser than expected.

So, about Demyx…

Nomura: He will show up, at least (bitter laugh).

That’s a relief (laugh). I would be glad if he came out in the Limit Cut too.

Nomura: I can’t say much about the Limit Cut boss(es) for now, but it will contain a close amount of bosses like last time (Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix).

What, thirteen? Isn’t it way too much?

Nomura: It has plenty of surprises! The additional scenario as a whole contains the Limit Cut episode & bosses among others, along with a secret episode & boss, for a DLC it’s a self-sufficient volume.

It will be released this winter, but is it at the end of the year or during the New Year?

Nomura: Because there are parts where CERO [Computer Entertainment Rating Organization] is evaluated again, there are some things which I cannot see yet, but in my opinion, I do not want it to be too close to Final Fantasy VII Remake’s release, I want the DLC to come out quickly."

UPDATE: We apologize as we didn't notice an extra bit of the interview, as it was written as a footnote. Here is one last part of the interview, translated by KH13 Staff @NihonScribe.

How do you control Roxas and the others within Re:Mind?

Nomura: During the main story, in the same way players were able to choose to play as Riku and Aqua, Roxas can also be chosen and you will be able to continue through the additional scenarios. As you progress there is a segment where you're able to choose the character you want to play as. The additional scenarios themselves are independent of this. This is content you'll be able to enjoy once you've cleared the story. 

View full article

I am nervous when I hear the name episode. I don't want to have a section episode in the main menu that would load a different version of the game. It has to be part of the main save file.

Man I really hope the new additional scenes will be part of the main game when I replay the game again on Critical Mode. Because it would suck to replay the whole game again and it doesn't show any new scenes that expands the story.

The wording in these releases is always so confusing to me. It doesn't help that "additional scenarios", "limit cut", and "secret episode" sound vague and aren't descriptive enough, so I have trouble telling them apart. Legit, they all sound like the same thing to me. I'm assuming that it's two distinctive sections and other additional scenarios.

Anyway, does this mean that nothing is being added in between the main story? It's all post-game + separate content? That seems kind of odd to me, seeing as how the scene in the trailer between Xigbar and Luxord looked like it could have occurred during the visit to Olympus.I guess that saves me from having to replay the whole thing to see what's new, but still...

• Additional scenarios are independent of and can be enjoyed after clearing the main story.

Hmmmm.
Is it the secret episode (in which cas it is fine), or is it the whole DLC?
It has to be smoothly integrated like previous final mix, not like this terrible FFXV (which has a good scenario when put in order).

How many bosses did KH2FM add? I still haven't played the FM version yet, despite buying the Story So Far. And I too am curious if the new cutscenes will be put into the actual game or are in another episode. I just finished Critical Mode, so if I have to do it again, I think I'll stick to Proud Mode again Lol.

Edited by SweetYetSalty

1 hour ago, Movies798 said:

Man I really hope the new additional scenes will be part of the main game when I replay the game again on Critical Mode. Because it would suck to replay the whole game again and it doesn't show any new scenes that expands the story.

Yea i kinda wished before that critical mode and all of this extra stuff was coming than i may would have even waited a few months before pllaying

3 hours ago, setsugekka said:

The wording in these releases is always so confusing to me. It doesn't help that "additional scenarios", "limit cut", and "secret episode" sound vague and aren't descriptive enough, so I have trouble telling them apart. Legit, they all sound like the same thing to me. I'm assuming that it's two distinctive sections and other additional scenarios.

Anyway, does this mean that nothing is being added in between the main story? It's all post-game + separate content? That seems kind of odd to me, seeing as how the scene in the trailer between Xigbar and Luxord looked like it could have occurred during the visit to Olympus.I guess that saves me from having to replay the whole thing to see what's new, but still...

Nomuras quest to create the mos confusing game ever continues

57 minutes ago, SweetYetSalty said:

How many bosses did KH2FM add? I still haven't played the FM version yet, despite buying the Story So Far. And I too am curious if the new cutscenes will be put into the actual game or are in another episode. I just finished Critical Mode, so if I have to do it again, I think I'll stick to Proud Mode again Lol.

You should play it.
It adds: 1 new story boss + the 6 org members that were killed in chain of memories + 1 new secret hard boss.
It only adds a new hidden level under hollow bastion, and tons of side quests.

37 minutes ago, cyntix said:

You should play it.
It adds: 1 new story boss + the 6 org members that were killed in chain of memories + 1 new secret hard boss.
It only adds a new hidden level under hollow bastion, and tons of side quests.

There are also the Data Org. bosses, so that's like 13 more if you count those.

9 hours ago, Sinre said:

*tries to remember the number of bosses from KH2 final mix*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 bosses in total.

I super highly doubt they're gonna add 20 bosses this time around.

1 hour ago, FlynnYoba said:

20 bosses in total.

I super highly doubt they're gonna add 20 bosses this time around.

Well among those 20 bosses some were reused from the main quest.

The new bosses were Vexen Lexaeus Zexion Marluxia Larxene Roxas and Lingering Will.

So, after reading the news, there are a few things that I want to comment:   

1º) "Reminder, reconfirmation, and heart’s regeneration".   
It's quite weird to understand what this could mean:  
- "Reminder": I believe it means for Ventus to REMEMBER his past life in KH-UX.   
- "Reconfirmation": No idea.   
- "Heart's regeneration": I'm not sure what this could mean. It could mean Ventus, but also Vanitas? Or maybe even Xion? I'm not sure.   

2º) "The elements shown in the video are from the main story, not related to Limit Cut".   
For some reason, I'm not surprised. But that would mean the scene between Young Xehanort (no yellow eyes) and the Master of Masters actually happen during the main story? Now, that would be confusing. About the battles controlling different characters, I guess they will be simply "retellings" from different points of view. I mean, Sora entered into those battles when they were already fighting, so now we will see them from the other guys' perspective.   
+ Riku: He started his battle alone against Ansem, Dark Riku and Xigbar; so I guess we will see how the battle started before Sora entered. Then, at the middle of the fight, Sora will join the group. (The scene proved Sora will be Party Member for Riku).   
+ Aqua: Aqua and Ventus started their fight against Vanitas and Terranort by their own, so I guess we will see the start of this battle before Sora joined in. The first fight could be using Aqua, with Ventus as a Party member, then Sora becoming another Party Member. Considering the scene after defeating Vanitas, I don't know if this one will become a different battle where we control Ventus and Sora us the Party Member; while Aqua keeps Terranort aside until they join her to defeat him and free Terra.   
+ Roxas: This one doesn't have sense because it contradicts the original story. Roxas should be fighting alongside Xion and Sora, not Axel. Especially when his Keyblade was (apparently just temporary) destroyed by Xenmas. I suppose this could means the story will be modified and Sora will leave as soon as Kairi is kidnapped.   

3º) "I can’t say much about the Limit Cut boss(es) for now, but it will contain a close amount of bosses like last time (Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix)".  
That sounds like too many bosses. We should make a recount:  
- Roxas's battle with Sora at the Station of Awakening became playable, that's one.   
- The Lingering Will's portal appearing at Disney Castle, that's two.   
- The Absent Silhouette sidequest, which included all the members Sora fought in the Castle Oblivion during Chain of Memories; but we didn't see them again in KH-II. Those were Vexen, Laxeaus, Zexion, Marluxia and Larxene. 5 more than makes them 7.   
- The Organization XIII's Replica Data in the Garden of Assemblage, making them 20.   
- Finally, even if they are not battles as the others, we have the Mushroom XIII. This adds 13 more to the previous 20, makin a total of 33 new battles.   
- I wonder what kind of story could give more than 33 new battles in the Limit Episode.   

4º) "I want the DLCs to come out quickly".   
The trailer said "Winter", so that would mean for December as much, surely for December 21st when Winter starts. But I would like to believe maybe we could get it for the end of Fall, November or October; especially is Tetsuya Nomura really want them to come out as soon as possible.   

Well, what do you think?

Hmm, I wonder if a lot of the limit cut bosses will be hardcore Org members again like in KH2. I guess a lot of people want that but Id like them to be something new. Still good either way

Playable Roxas... sick, im not even going to speculate what the secret episode is I just wanna be surprised

Thank you for all this juicy info, DChiuch!

Gahh, I'm so excited for what Re:Mind has in store, both in terms of story and of gameplay! And the fact that we'll get to play as multiple characters excites me! I'm also intrigued by how Nomura said you can choose to play them, meaning that they aren't just for specific battles, but perhaps for larger chunks of story? And the part where he says that there are extra scenarios that can be enjoyed after clearing the story! What could this mean!?

And the whole Heart's Regeneration bit of the Re:Mind concept probably alludes to Sora regaining his heart after having exhausted it by using the Power Of Waking!

On 6/20/2019 at 12:20 PM, Ursalink said:

Finally, even if they are not battles as the others, we have the Mushroom XIII. This adds 13 more to the previous 20, makin a total of 33 new battles.   

Why are you counting the Mushrooms as “bosses”? They already have an equivalent in the Seven Flans.

I'm hoping there's an arena facility, like the Coliseum or Mirage Arena. Merlin's Wood is a perfect candidate as a world already established yet only visited in a couple of cutscenes, and since Kairi and Lea were there to train in using the keyblade, it'd be ideal for a playable arena campaign. There's a nostalgia angle as well, since old bosses and enemies could be possible opponents, perhaps in themed rounds like the Mirage Arena has. This opens up the chance for material grinding as well as training, since some materia are only dropped by certain enemies, enemies who don't spawn as often or do so in harder to reach areas. The only reliable location to grind sinister materia is Monstropolis.

4 hours ago, jbmasta said:

I'm hoping there's an arena facility, like the Coliseum or Mirage Arena. Merlin's Wood is a perfect candidate as a world already established yet only visited in a couple of cutscenes, and since Kairi and Lea were there to train in using the keyblade, it'd be ideal for a playable arena campaign. There's a nostalgia angle as well, since old bosses and enemies could be possible opponents, perhaps in themed rounds like the Mirage Arena has. This opens up the chance for material grinding as well as training, since some materia are only dropped by certain enemies, enemies who don't spawn as often or do so in harder to reach areas. The only reliable location to grind sinister materia is Monstropolis.

I always thought the place where Zeus is would be the perfect place to include the arena. It looks so empty as if there is something missing. :D

Everything I've seen and read so far is making me want this DLC more and more. I wonder if KHUx 's updates are gonna start rolling out faster to coincide with the DLC's release? To be completely honest, the Bosses and the new scenarios and cutscenes are already enough for me, I mean who knows what kind of cliff-hanger we're in for... Mirage Arena-ish world would be cool, but i'm kinda hoping they incorporate a new area for the new stuff like Cavern of Remembrance, with high level baddies and tricky platforming.