Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Raxaimus

Potential Kingdom Hearts reference found in Toy Story 4

With the inclusion of Pixar's Toy Story in Kingdom Hearts III, references to the Kingdom Hearts series may have found a new place to hide! Eagle-eyed Kingdom Hearts fans have noticed that some trailers and TV spots for the upcoming Toy Story 4 seem to contain a brief yet interesting homage.

During a scene where the toys are attempting to rescue Forky, a spork-based toy, from the local antique store, Buzz Lightyear ponders the idea of obtaining a key from one of the shop's employees. The key in question happens to bear a striking resemblance to Sora's signature Keyblade, the Kingdom Key. While the head of the key is almost a spitting image of the iconic sword, the teeth take a few creative liberties, lacking the distinctive crown shape of the Kingdom Key's teeth.

The staff of Pixar worked closely with Square Enix when Kingdom Hearts III was in development, so this may be a clever nod to their relationship.

Toy Story 4 begins playing in theaters tomorrow, on June 20th!

Do you think this key could be Toy Story 4's way of referencing Kingdom Hearts? What other types of references to the series would you like to see from Disney and Pixar? Have you found any other interesting nods toward the series? Be sure to share your thoughts in the comments below!

View full article

It's just a reference. Pixar has been doing that form years with all their movies. Nemo and Jessie made cameo appearances at the end of Monster Inc. when they brought Boo back in her room. Pixar is know for making references from previous films or foreshadow their upcoming films. This doesn't mean anything.

Normally, when I see articles like this one I'm like, "Eh, it's a stretch" 
But I feel like this key looks too similar to the Kingdom Key. It's likely just a nod to Kingdom Hearts and not meant to be take seriously.

Thanks for showing this to us, Raxaimus!

I came back from watching the movie an hour ago, and that indeed is a reference to the Kingdom Key! Or at least, the closest we'll get to one! But the hilt of the key is way too similar to the Kingdom Key's for it to not be!

Edited by The Transcendent Key

On 6/26/2019 at 4:56 PM, sherlockwolf said:

Other than this key there is a crayon drawing of KH3 Sora standing on Destiny Islands in one of the during-credits scenes! Both a reference to Sora and Namine, which got me particularly excited.

I did not notice that! D:

On 8/5/2019 at 5:33 AM, hanifanze said:

Sure, it's not EXACTLY the same, but it's real damn close.  So, y'all need to chill lmao

I know, right? Honestly, to me, it's a very close resemblance to the Kingdom Key!