Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Iamkingdomhearts1000

Best Lightsabre Duel from the Skywalker Saga so far?

Best Skywalker Saga Lightsabre Duel   

8 members have voted

1. 1. Best Skywalker Saga Lightsabre Duel

• Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon vs Darth Maul?
    • Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda vs Count Dooku?
    • Yoda vs Darth Sidious?
    • Anakin vs Obi-Wan?
    • Obi-Wan vs Darth Vader?
    • Luke vs Darth Vader?
    • Luke vs Darth Vader Rematch?
    • Rey and Finn vs Kylo Ren?
    • Rey and Kylo Ren vs Snoke Guard?

Out of all the Lightsaber duels in the Star Wars Skywalker Saga my all time favorite duel is definitely Anakin vs Obi Wan from Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. I grew up with the Star Wars Prequels and I love every single one of them, and for me I was emotionally invested in Episode III. Anakin is one of my favorite characters in Star Wars and seeing him becoming Darth Vader was both coo but at the same time sad for me. I was especially sad to see both Anakin and Obi Wan fighting each other in Episode III. Those two were like brothers and seeing them become enemies was one of the saddest moments in the Prequels in my opinion. This is my opinion so to me no other duels can't top that. I love all the Lightsaber duels but I was never emotionally invested in them.

It's gotta be Anakin vs Obi Wan for me as well, I grew up with the prequels too, so they ended up being amongst my favorite characters,  and seeing the duo turn against each other was sad, entertaining, but also sad. Plus high ground memes. xD

Now if we're not limiting ourselves to just films it'd be this one though 

Spoiler

5504649-1.gif

Out of all the duels we've seen, the three that I love the most are...

• Anakin vs. Obi-Wan. The sheer emotional turmoil and tension surrounding this duel was just everything! This is probably one of the greatest duels in the Skywalker Saga, and also one of the saddest. Because after all this time, we'd gotten to know these two, see them grow together and form a familial bond. But when it came down to it and Anakin turned to the Dark Side, there was no turning back. And back when Episode III was supposed to be the final Star Wars film, good lord, the feels and the tragedy behind this were even more surreal! <3
  • Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul. Also a fantastic duel, and very strategic and all over the place! What I loved is that Maul was being defensive during the whole duel, taking on two Jedi who were just trying to capture him, which Maul took to his advantage, since he was out to straight out kill them! And he did succeed, in part! Qui-Gon's death was soul crushing for me, and it's killer that Liam Neeson only got to be in just one of the films, even though his voice was heard in Attack Of The Clones briefly. But yeah, this duel rocks! And of course, Duel Of The Fates by the genius John Williams always sends shivers down my spine!
  • Rey and Kylo Ren vs. Praetorian Guards. Gahhhh, this duel! I love The Last Jedi, and when this scene came on, boy, was I in for a treat! Seeing these two team up to take down Snoke's guards was cinematography at its finest, and the aggressiveness of the battle was intense and epic! I loved this duel so much! Even though it wasn't a traditional duel, per se.

And for TV shows, Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul from Rebels was insane! It was short and precise, and old Obi-Wan had matured and grown with the Force while Maul had lived on with his hatred, which brought him nothing but his own demise. The duel was spectacularly beautiful! <3

Edited by The Transcendent Key

I voted for Luke V Vader Rematch / ROTJ battle. 

I feel like that battle does a good job of showing and through it's dialogue how battles within the Star Wars universe really work. It's not necessarily just about which combatant happens to just be faster with a blade, there's mindfulness, hatred and how well the character can channel their emotions and beliefs into their combat to give them the advantage. When there's two very skilled opponents, it becomes almost more of a mind game. It's one of the cool things about the Star Wars universe as a whole that fascinates me and keeps people talking about it for all these years. 

I do think there are other really good choices (a couple of which aren't on the poll) but the battles in the original / empire trilogy are the most interesting to me. Because they are set later in the time line than the prequels so I find they tap into the lore more. 

On 8/9/2019 at 6:20 PM, FlipMode said:

I voted for Luke V Vader Rematch / ROTJ battle. 

I feel like that battle does a good job of showing and through it's dialogue how battles within the Star Wars universe really work. It's not necessarily just about which combatant happens to just be faster with a blade, there's mindfulness, hatred and how well the character can channel their emotions and beliefs into their combat to give them the advantage. When there's two very skilled opponents, it becomes almost more of a mind game. It's one of the cool things about the Star Wars universe as a whole that fascinates me and keeps people talking about it for all these years. 

I do think there are other really good choices (a couple of which aren't on the poll) but the battles in the original / empire trilogy are the most interesting to me. Because they are set later in the time line than the prequels so I find they tap into the lore more. 

I love how each of these duels really encompasses the ideologies of these characters or just their raw emotions. Makes me wonder how Episode IX's duel will play out, if there is one!