Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

I was writing some story ideas when I got the idea to how the Master's Defender ended up on Destiny Islands. My theory is that when it ended up on Destiny Islands starts during 0.2 when Aqua enters the darkness again. That was when the Master's Defender split ways with its wielder. Master's Defender joined the Destiny Islands on the islands’ restoration in the Realm of Light at the end of Kingdom Hearts.

At least that should have happened, but it seemed that the Islands weren’t completely restored. One reason for this claim has to do with the Master Defender’s whereabouts: if it stayed on the Destiny Islands when it returned to the Realm of Light, then shouldn’t the Master's Defender be there as well? It wasn’t there when Kairi walked through the small island in the KHI ending, followed by Tidus, Selphine, and Wakka running on the beach in a credit scene. It also didn’t show up in any of the moments set on the small island from Days to II to Birth by Sleep’s “Blank Points”.

Now we know when it didn’t show up, so the questions we have to ask are how and why the Master's Defender was on the small islands in Kingdom Hearts III? The short answer has to do with Dream Drop Distance. The Destiny Islands in the game’s tutorial segment was, likely, a part of the Sleeping Realm. So when Sora and Riku opened the Keyhole, they restored the Islands completely so the Master's Defender made its way there. That could also explain some plot holes to why no one noticed a Keyblade on the beach. After it returned to the Realm of Light, no one bothered to hang out on the small island. Kairi left the Islands with Riku and the Final Fantasy characters who lived there were ignored because Kingdom Hearts III is that way toward Final Fantasy characters.

That’s my best idea to why the Master's Defender ended up on Destiny Island. What do you fellow Kingdom Hearts fans think? Does the idea have merit? Do have your own theories about the Master's Defender’s situation? Let me and other viewers know.

Til then, thanks for coming on this page and reading the contents.

I think I imagined this but when I played KH3 for the first time I thought nothing about how the master defender ended up at destiny islands since there was a cutscene that showed aqua letting the defender flow into the sea and saying something like maybe someone will pick it up and it will guide them here. But I definitely dreamt it up. 

I like that theory. I mean for the blade to have been there from the end of KH1 all the way to mid KH3 seems a bit far fetch, but from DDD to KH3 sounds way more believable.  

On 7/10/2019 at 2:53 PM, ocean's rage said:

well they never lived on the small island it was their hang out spot

That’s true. But I’m suggesting it would be hard not to notice a large metal Key lying around in the sand when there are people hanging out.