Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Iscreamer1

City world on box cover of KH III

Was anyone else hoping that we would get to go to that city world seen on the box cover of Kingdom Hearts III? Because if there is one thing the game disappointed us with, it’s not giving us that world.

The closest world we've seen on that urban scale is Traverse Town (Twilight Town's station clock tower stood out for how it was the tallest structure in Twilight Town), and that doesn't match the style of the city on KH3's cover. It's a distinctly modern city, of the glass and steel variety (there's a metal structure on the top right just above Donald, who's sitting on a ladder) and we haven't seen anything like it, be it a Kingdom Hearts original or Disney world. While The World That Never Was has a modern look, the color tone is much darker and we didn't see a clock tower, plus metal isn't an obvious feature on the exteriors. The World That Never Was is pretty much done with anyway, after the defeat of the first Organisation and the final end of Xemnas and the Real Organisation.

Another notable absentee from the cover is the Darkling who acts as a gargoyle, who only is linked to the game proper if you interpret it as linked to the Union Cross cameo in the Keyblade Graveyard against the Demontower Tornado.

Was anyone else hoping to sit on the giant heart thing on the cover of KH2? That’s how you sound to me. Boxarts were rarely ever meant to be something that happens in KH, especially the mainline games. In fact, the only important boxart I recall was 358/2 Days, no?

17 hours ago, Jingilator said:

Was anyone else hoping to sit on the giant heart thing on the cover of KH2? That’s how you sound to me. Boxarts were rarely ever meant to be something that happens in KH, especially the mainline games. In fact, the only important boxart I recall was 358/2 Days, no?

I believe you are right on the money, since the cover for Days showed Twilight Town, Destiny Islands and The World That Never Was!