Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The Transcendent Key

Luxu In Kingdom Hearts IV And Beyond!

Hey there everyone, how's it going!? It's been quite a while since I posted a topic here! So then, let's get to it!

So, with the epic reveal of Xigbar being Luxu, this obviously means that good old Luxu is going to be sticking around for the long run for however long Nomura intends to keep Kingdom Hearts running! So my question is, what's in store for Luxu?

I think that the awesome thing about his character is that when we knew him as Xigbar, there was so much mystery and eeriness and overall importance placed on this character, so much so that we always thought there was something fishy going on! I honestly thought he was gonna double cross Xehanort in KHIII's final battle, but he surprisingly went about everything according to the MoM's designated role that he had for him! But now that Xehanort is gone, I wonder what this means for Luxu? Will he keep trudging forward with the summoned Foretellers? Is there a bigger endgame on the horizon?

One probable outcome is that Luxu could end up being like Madara Uchiha from Naruto, and end up being a significant thorn on the side of the heroes for the next saga, only for the MoM to step in to be the Kaguya of sorts to really stick it to the Guardians! 

But whatever the case, I'm sure Nomura has some fun things planned for Luxu's character!

What do you all think?

Edited by The Transcendent Key

2 hours ago, The Transcendent Key said:

One probable outcome is that Luxu could end up being like Madara Uchiha from Naruto, and end up being a significant thorn on the side of the heroes for the next saga, only for the MoM to step in to be the Kaguya of sorts to really stick it to the Guardians! 

could someone translate that into non naruto terms?

I don't think that Luxu will appear to be the main villain only for the Master of Masters to show and become the true main villain.  We already know that the Master of Masters is the true main villain.  Everything that has happened so far has all been a part of the Master of Masters' grand design (and we thought that Master Xehanort was a master planner).  I think the bigger question for the Master of Masters is when he will return and what his master plan is.

At the end of Secret Report 13, Luxu wrote, "I will soon be reunited with my old companions, and in that moment my long vigil will reach its end.  He will return..."  Does this mean that the Master of Masters will return shortly after the Lost Masters return?  Will we go a game or two until the Master of Masters returns?  I'm not sure, but if I were to make a guess, since we saw the Master of Masters in the same world as Sora and Riku in the secret ending, maybe Sora getting saved will allow for the Master of Masters to return.  It did seem like Luxu knew what Sora's fate would be when he said to him in Olympus, "And at the end, you'll finally realize what destiny has in store for you.  In fact, your reward might be right around the corner."  Maybe, knowing that Sora would sacrifice himself, Luxu knew that Sora's friends would go to rescue him and not only give Sora a way back, but give the Master of Masters a way back as well.

As for what the Master of Masters' grand plan is, I have no idea.  How do you top starting another Keyblade War in order to forge the ultimate weapon that gives you control over Kingdom Hearts?  I don't know, but maybe his plan involves actually going to Kingdom Hearts.  Will Kingdom Hearts finally be an explorable world?  I guess we will get all of our answers eventually.

As for how Luxu will fit in to all of this, I think that he will be the secondary antagonist (which seems to be what he has been for a while now, since Birth by Sleep).  He is the one who seems to know more about the Master of Masters' plan than anyone else.  Luxu may be the main antagonist of a game or two, especially if the Master of Masters hasn't returned yet.  However, the way I see it, the main villain of the next saga will definitely be the Master of Masters, and Luxu will be his second-in-command.

But these are all just my thoughts.  Only Nomura knows what is really in store for us.

1 hour ago, Eternalsleep said:

Luxu could be the guy that we think is the main villain of the story until the MOM inevitably shows up to take over the role as the “true” main villain of the series. ?Hope that helps

ah ok, feels like theyre setting up for mom to be the villain which is a shame cause i hoped he was a good guy but we have no idea whats going through his head

I could see Luxu being the next villain instead of the MoM, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if the new big bad turns out to be someone else. Luxu has always seemed Chaotic Neutral to me. It seems like he's following in the MoM's footsteps in just being an observer rather than being directly involved 

Honestly I could see any of the Foretellers ending up being the next villain. The MoM might know just about everything, but I could totally see one of the Foretellers betraying the MoM, Luxu and the others. I mean, the MoM just vanished without any explanation, and now it looks like he's just going to pop back into existence. If I were one of his apprentices I'd be pretty peeved about that; I'd feel like he abandoned everyone. So I think maybe one or more of them will want revenge and turn on him. 

Then again, this is just a theory. Regardless, I am looking forward to seeing more of Luxu in the next Kingdom hearts Saga.

21 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

could someone translate that into non naruto terms?

Basically this! v

13 hours ago, Eternalsleep said:

Luxu could be the guy that we think is the main villain of the story until the MOM inevitably shows up to take over the role as the “true” main villain of the series. ?Hope that helps

Yep, couldn't have said it better myself!

13 hours ago, ienzo628 said:

That's so cliche!

It is, but Nomura always makes things interesting, so I know he'd make things all the more intricate, ya know?

11 hours ago, Dagesh Lene said:

I don't think that Luxu will appear to be the main villain only for the Master of Masters to show and become the true main villain.  We already know that the Master of Masters is the true main villain.  Everything that has happened so far has all been a part of the Master of Masters' grand design (and we thought that Master Xehanort was a master planner).  I think the bigger question for the Master of Masters is when he will return and what his master plan is.

At the end of Secret Report 13, Luxu wrote, "I will soon be reunited with my old companions, and in that moment my long vigil will reach its end.  He will return..."  Does this mean that the Master of Masters will return shortly after the Lost Masters return?  Will we go a game or two until the Master of Masters returns?  I'm not sure, but if I were to make a guess, since we saw the Master of Masters in the same world as Sora and Riku in the secret ending, maybe Sora getting saved will allow for the Master of Masters to return.  It did seem like Luxu knew what Sora's fate would be when he said to him in Olympus, "And at the end, you'll finally realize what destiny has in store for you.  In fact, your reward might be right around the corner."  Maybe, knowing that Sora would sacrifice himself, Luxu knew that Sora's friends would go to rescue him and not only give Sora a way back, but give the Master of Masters a way back as well.

As for what the Master of Masters' grand plan is, I have no idea.  How do you top starting another Keyblade War in order to forge the ultimate weapon that gives you control over Kingdom Hearts?  I don't know, but maybe his plan involves actually going to Kingdom Hearts.  Will Kingdom Hearts finally be an explorable world?  I guess we will get all of our answers eventually.

As for how Luxu will fit in to all of this, I think that he will be the secondary antagonist (which seems to be what he has been for a while now, since Birth by Sleep).  He is the one who seems to know more about the Master of Masters' plan than anyone else.  Luxu may be the main antagonist of a game or two, especially if the Master of Masters hasn't returned yet.  However, the way I see it, the main villain of the next saga will definitely be the Master of Masters, and Luxu will be his second-in-command.

But these are all just my thoughts.  Only Nomura knows what is really in store for us.

Oh, this is definitely something I could see happening! And since the MoM is such a mysterious character, it literally gives Nomura a lot of wiggle room to craft this character into whatever he wants him to be! All I hope for is that he ends up getting more screen time! I know that until the return of the MoM, Luxu will be instrumental, and heck, he could still be vital longer after that!

11 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

ah ok, feels like theyre setting up for mom to be the villain which is a shame cause i hoped he was a good guy but we have no idea whats going through his head

Yeah, but I honestly didn't see MoM as a good guy. He always seemed fishy to me!

4 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

I could see Luxu being the next villain instead of the MoM, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if the new big bad turns out to be someone else. Luxu has always seemed Chaotic Neutral to me. It seems like he's following in the MoM's footsteps in just being an observer rather than being directly involved 

Honestly I could see any of the Foretellers ending up being the next villain. The MoM might know just about everything, but I could totally see one of the Foretellers betraying the MoM, Luxu and the others. I mean, the MoM just vanished without any explanation, and now it looks like he's just going to pop back into existence. If I were one of his apprentices I'd be pretty peeved about that; I'd feel like he abandoned everyone. So I think maybe one or more of them will want revenge and turn on him. 

Then again, this is just a theory. Regardless, I am looking forward to seeing more of Luxu in the next Kingdom hearts Saga.

Yes, Luxu could just keep being an observer, but I also feel he'll have a heavy hand in the events to come!

Hmm, the Foretellers ending up being the villains or just one of them, eh? That could also be pretty interesting! But yeah, the next saga promises to be one full of potential!

I still call this dude Xigbar XD

As for what he'll do? I don't see him taking on the main villain role, at least not up front. I see him guiding the Foretellers and they are the main antagonist for the time being. They'll be the villains the heroes face but it's Xigbar calling the shots from the shadows until MoM comes home. I know that it's not his style as he loves to toy with everyone, both his allies and enemies, but I think his role in the series is going to do a major shift thanks to how important he has become.

I don't even think MoM will be the main antagonist for KHIV. MoM seems like a final opponent at the end of a saga not the start of one. So it'll likely be the Foretellers getting their hands dirty for awhile. Maybe build up Maleficent as a threat again before we get to MoM. I view Luxu/Xigbar as important as MoM. I think we'll really see him in action when MoM returns but not sooner. We'll see, it's so exciting.

9 hours ago, SweetYetSalty said:

As for what he'll do? I don't see him taking on the main villain role, at least not up front. I see him guiding the Foretellers and they are the main antagonist for the time being. They'll be the villains the heroes face but it's Xigbar calling the shots from the shadows until MoM comes home. I know that it's not his style as he loves to toy with everyone, both his allies and enemies, but I think his role in the series is going to do a major shift thanks to how important he has become.

I don't even think MoM will be the main antagonist for KHIV. MoM seems like a final opponent at the end of a saga not the start of one. So it'll likely be the Foretellers getting their hands dirty for awhile. Maybe build up Maleficent as a threat again before we get to MoM. I view Luxu/Xigbar as important as MoM. I think we'll really see him in action when MoM returns but not sooner. We'll see, it's so exciting.

I agree we also need more personality and development for the Disney side of things. 

There was a Back Cover interview where Nomura got asked about Luxu and I found his answer really interesting. He described Luxu as being very similar to the MoM, making the distinction that Luxu is the "philosophical" one, whereas the MoM is the "quirky one". They remind me of a manzai act - a Japanese comedy duo where one is the "idiot" and the other is the straight man. In this case, I see Xigbar being the straight man. I expect that we'll see them working together a lot.

In TWEWY terms, I think the MoM is like the Composer, powerful and important yet rarely seen. Luxu is the Conductor, the one who takes the MoM's orders and interprets them for the others. The Foretellers are probably like Game Masters, the ones who follow the Conductor and actually do the legwork.

I don't think I've seen anyone mention this theory here yet, but I think the Foretellers were an experiment. Like, they were artificial hearts or ancient replicas based on keyblade wielders from the future, created to be the MoM's personal brainwashed army. (Or maybe he just wanted friends... *looks at Demyx* Hmm... That'd be sad.) I don't think Luxu is one of them. Seeing as how he seemed like the MoM's assistant, he's probably a regular human... Or maybe he was part of the MoM, like Vanitas is to Ventus. That would explain their similarities. That's just another thing that gives me the impression that Luxu will have a commanding role over the Foretellers.

As for when the MoM will return, I think Re:mind will show us how he comes back. I don't know how/why Nomura would drag it out for any longer than that, especially when we've probably already figured out who he is. asfkhjdk

On 7/26/2019 at 9:23 AM, SweetYetSalty said:

That's a good point! Though I do believe that the MoM will be prevalent throughout the saga, showing up multiple times like Xehanort did in the Dark Seeker Saga! But anyways, seeing Luxu develop is going to be interesting, since we've known him the longest out of the Foreteller characters!

On 7/26/2019 at 6:41 PM, ienzo628 said:

I agree we also need more personality and development for the Disney side of things. 

Oh, and I'm sure we'll get it!

On 7/27/2019 at 2:41 AM, setsugekka said:

There was a Back Cover interview where Nomura got asked about Luxu and I found his answer really interesting. He described Luxu as being very similar to the MoM, making the distinction that Luxu is the "philosophical" one, whereas the MoM is the "quirky one". They remind me of a manzai act - a Japanese comedy duo where one is the "idiot" and the other is the straight man. In this case, I see Xigbar being the straight man. I expect that we'll see them working together a lot.

In TWEWY terms, I think the MoM is like the Composer, powerful and important yet rarely seen. Luxu is the Conductor, the one who takes the MoM's orders and interprets them for the others. The Foretellers are probably like Game Masters, the ones who follow the Conductor and actually do the legwork.

I don't think I've seen anyone mention this theory here yet, but I think the Foretellers were an experiment. Like, they were artificial hearts or ancient replicas based on keyblade wielders from the future, created to be the MoM's personal brainwashed army. (Or maybe he just wanted friends... *looks at Demyx* Hmm... That'd be sad.) I don't think Luxu is one of them. Seeing as how he seemed like the MoM's assistant, he's probably a regular human... Or maybe he was part of the MoM, like Vanitas is to Ventus. That would explain their similarities. That's just another thing that gives me the impression that Luxu will have a commanding role over the Foretellers.

As for when the MoM will return, I think Re:mind will show us how he comes back. I don't know how/why Nomura would drag it out for any longer than that, especially when we've probably already figured out who he is. asfkhjdk

That is very analytical and interesting! And the whole thing about the Foretellers being experiments is an intriguing theory! I just hope that Luxu and the MoM interact with each other more!

18 hours ago, The Transcendent Key said:

That's a good point! Though I do believe that the MoM will be prevalent throughout the saga, showing up multiple times like Xehanort did in the Dark Seeker Saga! But anyways, seeing Luxu develop is going to be interesting, since we've known him the longest out of the Foreteller characters!

Oh, and I'm sure we'll get it!

That is very analytical and interesting! And the whole thing about the Foretellers being experiments is an intriguing theory! I just hope that Luxu and the MoM interact with each other more!

I agree that MoM will be shown even if not fought. He's such a hammy character I hope he appears several times in KHIV and beyond. Build him up the way Xehanort was.

It'll be curious if MoM and Sora are in the same location. Then it'll be a race between the heroes and Foretellers trying to revive Sora and MoM respectively.

4 hours ago, ienzo628 said:

I saw some guy's review on Kingdom Hearts and how we barely got any personality from Donald, Mickey and Goofy.  However, that's another topic for another day.  I hope they don't change up Xiggy's personality.

Huh, I thought Donald and Goofy had plenty of personality! Mickey I can understand since he wasn't in the game all that much. And yeah, I think Luxu will act more in accordance to how his character was in Back Cover, but matured.

3 hours ago, SweetYetSalty said:

I agree that MoM will be shown even if not fought. He's such a hammy character I hope he appears several times in KHIV and beyond. Build him up the way Xehanort was.

It'll be curious if MoM and Sora are in the same location. Then it'll be a race between the heroes and Foretellers trying to revive Sora and MoM respectively.

Indeed so! Have scenes where we get to learn more about him and grow to love him as a villain! To see how he develops! That way we can get all the more hyped for when we face him at the end of his saga!

I know!!! That'd be interesting!

21 hours ago, The Transcendent Key said:

Huh, I thought Donald and Goofy had plenty of personality! Mickey I can understand since he wasn't in the game all that much. And yeah, I think Luxu will act more in accordance to how his character was in Back Cover, but matured.

Indeed so! Have scenes where we get to learn more about him and grow to love him as a villain! To see how he develops! That way we can get all the more hyped for when we face him at the end of his saga!

I know!!! That'd be interesting!

I watched some guy's review on Kingdom Hearts, at least the first one and he thought Donald and Goofy were lacking their usual personality traits like Donald's fiery temper and Goofy's klutzy endeavors.

I think they will change his personality a bit, while keeping all the sass ?

After all, he openly admits in the secret reports that he was playing the part of a 'fool' but even when we had no idea who he really was there were moments in which Xigbar showed  he had a kinder side (I love that he acts almost as Roxas and Demyx's grumpy uncle in Days XD) that now can be easily traced back to his original self, as the bashful and polite apprentice we saw in Back Cover. After all, a similar thing is probably going to happen to Marluxia and Larxene that will most likely get on the side of good once after being 2 of the most cruel members of the organization for so long. Luxu calls the Foretellers his companions and seems to be sincerely devoted to the cause, whatever MoM's plan will end up being. I honestly don't see him going against his Master's plan unless it turns out to be something so sick and insane that not even Luxu can stomach it. Ava surely couldn't :<

In the end, I just think it would be really cool if Sora's enemies could rely on their own version of the Power of Friendship™ for once! Give the Foretellers the ultimate anime power! XD

On 7/30/2019 at 9:07 PM, ienzo628 said:

I watched some guy's review on Kingdom Hearts, at least the first one and he thought Donald and Goofy were lacking their usual personality traits like Donald's fiery temper and Goofy's klutzy endeavors.

Ohhh, I see what you mean! But still though, I believe that the characters were still themselves! And we gotta keep in mind that this is a different form of media that isn't cartoons, ya know? So the characters change a bit, ya know?

On 8/1/2019 at 5:17 AM, Nahara Vol.5 said:

I think they will change his personality a bit, while keeping all the sass ?

After all, he openly admits in the secret reports that he was playing the part of a 'fool' but even when we had no idea who he really was there were moments in which Xigbar showed  he had a kinder side (I love that he acts almost as Roxas and Demyx's grumpy uncle in Days XD) that now can be easily traced back to his original self, as the bashful and polite apprentice we saw in Back Cover. After all, a similar thing is probably going to happen to Marluxia and Larxene that will most likely get on the side of good once after being 2 of the most cruel members of the organization for so long. Luxu calls the Foretellers his companions and seems to be sincerely devoted to the cause, whatever MoM's plan will end up being. I honestly don't see him going against his Master's plan unless it turns out to be something so sick and insane that not even Luxu can stomach it. Ava surely couldn't :<

In the end, I just think it would be really cool if Sora's enemies could rely on their own version of the Power of Friendship™ for once! Give the Foretellers the ultimate anime power! XD

That's something to definitely think about! I'm really excited to see the character development that'll ensue now that we know that Xigbar is Luxu! It's going to be exciting seeing how he factors into the new saga! I just love that he'll stick around for the foreseeable future!

Also, lol, the Foretellers and Luxu harnessing the power of friendship would be an interesting twist! X3

As others have mentioned, I expect he'll take a more direct antagonist role while MoM lurks in the shadows to begin with - sort of like he's the "face" of the villains for Sora and the gang, while MoM works behind the scenes.

I'm just glad he's become infinitely more interesting now that he's Xigbar. While Xigbar/Luxu is now more serious than his old surfer dude self, I know he'll still be there to taunt and tease Sora along the way. It's what he does best.

On 8/9/2019 at 5:02 AM, ienzo628 said:

I also hope he adds in more Disney characters, some we haven't seen since the 90s.

Yessss, that would be pretty awesome! And then there's also Oswald, who's yet to be added!

On 8/9/2019 at 11:52 AM, Novayon said:

As others have mentioned, I expect he'll take a more direct antagonist role while MoM lurks in the shadows to begin with - sort of like he's the "face" of the villains for Sora and the gang, while MoM works behind the scenes.

I'm just glad he's become infinitely more interesting now that he's Xigbar. While Xigbar/Luxu is now more serious than his old surfer dude self, I know he'll still be there to taunt and tease Sora along the way. It's what he does best.

Yes, I definitely get what you mean!

Oh yeah, it'll be interesting seeing the new Xigbar/Luxu dynamic, knowing he's older than we thought he was!

16 hours ago, mayjorblayke said:

It is definitely exciting. And I mean, MoM doesn't have to be a big presence right from the get go. He can be built up, like Xehanort was throughout the Xehanort Saga, ya know?