Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

May I assume that the reason why Master Xehanort didn’t fully appear until the Keyblade Graveyard had something to do with his seiyu’s/voice actor’s recent passing? Because I had so hoped that he would have a full and decent amount of screentime in this game and yet, it’s another disappointment to be added to the list.

4 hours ago, Jingilator said:

I don’t think that’s the case at all. Even if it was, I’m ashamed that you only care about voice actors for their roles in Kingdom Hearts.

Seems a little rude to assume that that's how OP feels. That's not even what they're saying.

I think it's a fair question to ask. At the moment, I don't think we've heard official word on that, though, so your guess is as good as mine. Personally, I think it's just coincidental. I didn't get the impression that there were any scenes with him that were cut or anything. There were so many characters for them to cover in one game, it must have been hard enough finding the opportunity to give everyone some screen time. Regardless of the outside circumstances, Xehanort has always been more of a "final boss" type of character who makes his big appearance near the end of the games anyway. But I can understand if you wanted to see more of him, seeing as how this was the end of his saga.

17 minutes ago, setsugekka said:

Seems a little rude to assume that that's how OP feels. That's not even what they're saying.

I think it's a fair question to ask. At the moment, I don't think we've heard official word on that, though, so your guess is as good as mine. Personally, I think it's just coincidental. I didn't get the impression that there were any scenes with him that were cut or anything. There were so many characters for them to cover in one game, it must have been hard enough finding the opportunity to give everyone some screen time. Regardless of the outside circumstances, Xehanort has always been more of a "final boss" type of character who makes his big appearance near the end of the games anyway. But I can understand if you wanted to see more of him, seeing as how this was the end of his saga.

I hope Re:Mind remedies that.

Seems like everybody has forgotten that this is just Xehanort in a nutshell. He's a very behind the scenes kind of dude. We didn't get Ansem Seeker of Darkness until the last quarter of KH1 minus the scene with him as Mr. Robe Guy on Destiny Islands at the beginning. We knew Xemnas as The Superior all throughout Chain of Memories and he didn't even show himself personally to our faces until the midpoint of KH2. He's known as The Superior for most of 358/2 Days too. Old Man Xehanort is only ever on screen in Birth by Sleep when its convenient for him otherwise he's directing things like a puppet master guiding Terra, Ven, Aqua, Vanitas, Mickey, Eraqus, and the future members of the Organization we see as kids and young adults in this one to where he wants them to land. And probably, considering how many steps ahead he's been known to think and plan, already working on how to manipulate Ansem the Wise out of the equation if he doesn't cooperate with his plans and share in his ideals in the end. It's not really surprising that he'd be so behind the scenes and end game-y in KH3.

Even Young Xehanort keeps himself a mystery for a chunk of Dream Drop Distance despite actually showing himself to the player quite often which makes him a surprise for those who haven't seen the scene with him from Re:Coded beforehand. I sincerely doubt that the deaths of either of his previous voice actors was why he had such limited screentime in KH3. It's just a matter of what kind of villain he is. He even makes a point of waging a patient and relatively peaceful war. Only causing as much of a stir in the worlds as necessary to get the Guardians of Light exactly where he wants them. I wouldn't count on Re:Mind "fixing" anything about Old Man Xehanort. In fact about the only Xehanort incarnation I expect to be explored further in Re:Mind is Young Xehanort before he went golden eyed as we've seen in the trailer and also as Nomura had claimed for a while now that he wanted to do. He's gotta get as much of what he can from that game he had to shelve about Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus out as he can and Re:Mind is either where he'll start doing it or where he'll plain out do it in its entirety until he feels he's shared all the important things that would've gone into that game assuming the other people high on the regularly scheduled Kingdom Hearts games creation team don't want Xehanort bleeding into the next saga in any way and would not be okay with him leaving the character open for future appearances even after the Re:Mind DLC.