Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
SoraLover1994

Scholastic set to publish Kingdom Hearts middle-grade novel series and character handbook

KHInsider reported that Scholastic Books will be publishing a new middle-grade novel series for Kingdom Hearts alongside a Character Handbook.!

The series will be written by Brooke Vitale, known for her children's books The Magic Is in You, Disney Who's Who, Olaf's Journey, and Happy Birthday, Mickey, and is set in an original, canon lore. The first book in the series is set to release on May 5th, 2020, and is currently available for pre-order on Amazon for $7.99 in paperback format or $4.99 in e-book format.

The Character Handbook will be written by Conor Lloyd, is told from main character Sora’s perspective, and is set for release on February 4th, 2020. It is currently available to pre-order on Amazon for $7.99.

Will you be picking up the books? Let us know!

View full article

Wow this is great news! Plus, this could get some new fans interested into the Kingdom Hearts series, and could make them buy the games!

Okay I just check the link and I'm very curious to see if Tetsuya Nomura and Square-Enix actually approve of this "An original, canon story in the world of Disney's Kingdom Hearts that can only be found in the pages of this book!"

Because I don't want to be another debate like the light novels, because there was a huge debate about whether or not the novels should be consider canon in the Kingdom Hearts video game lore. I really hope the new middle grade novels are not real canon.

Edited by Movies798

54 minutes ago, Movies798 said:

Okay I just check the link and I'm very curious to see if Tetsuya Nomura and Square-Enix actually approve of this "An original, canon story in the world of Disney's Kingdom Hearts that can only be found in the pages of this book!"

This sounds more like promotional posturing or whatever you call such a concept than anything else tbh…or something coming from these guys. (Or, god forbid, a V-cast-esque "story" in book form.)

1 hour ago, ocean's rage said:

could someone translate that into the age range for those of us who went through a different school system?

Based on the typical Middle School age range, these books will be for those ages from 11-14 years old.

There is no way this is canon, probably canon in the same way V-Cast was, i.e Disney is once again throwing their weight around when it comes to KH.

Nomura's gonna be maaaaaaaaaaaaaad af, I wonder if it'll piss him off enough to keep Disney at bay

On 8/16/2019 at 1:33 PM, 2 quid is good said:

There is no way this is canon, probably canon in the same way V-Cast was, i.e Disney is once again throwing their weight around when it comes to KH.

Nomura's gonna be maaaaaaaaaaaaaad af, I wonder if it'll piss him off enough to keep Disney at bay

I certainly hope so given how Arendelle turned out.