Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Eversome

In which time period did you first get into the Kingdom Hearts franchise?

In which time period did you first get into the Kingdom Hearts franchise?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. In which time period did you first get into the Kingdom Hearts franchise?

• 2002-2007
    • 2008-2012
    • 2013-2018

I feel like these options are a little limited, Like grouping all of the five years between 2013-2018 together. I feel like the fandom was very different between 2013 - 2015/6 than later, mostly because of how dead 2017+ was.

As for myself: 

30 minutes ago, EchoFox23* said:

I got into the series in that weird time when Days was coming out, thanks to Nintendo Power XD

I remember watching a commercial for the first Kingdom Hearts game back around 2002 but my family couldn't afford a PS2 back then and they probably didn't trust me with a PS2 since I in my infinite nine year old wisdom crushed my old PS1.  I got into Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days once it first came out.

I got into the series since Summer 2006 when my mom buy bought me Kingdom Hearts 1, Chain of Memories (GBA), and Kingdom Hearts 2 together on the same day. Definitely one of the best summers I ever had because I was pretty much playing Kingdom Hearts trilogy none stop all summer. Lol!

I played KH1 the summer before I started high school, so 2011. I feel like it hasn’t been that long, but it’s been 8 years... I feel old.

I have so many fond memories from that summer. Probably should have gone outside more often especially since it was a particularly warm summer and staying indoors (without air conditioning) felt like dying. Having electronic appliances on 24/7 just made it worse.

It was all totally worth it, though.

Edited by littleTSUBAME

Start of 2018 I was browsing the local EB Games, and saw a pre-owned copy of Dream Drop Distance for the 3DS on discounted price. That's where my Kingdom Hearts journey starts.

2002. I actually read about it in a PlayStation magazine here in the UK, in May 2002 (ish) they had a tiny section called "One To Watch" which was a small column on games that were coming out soon but were sort of under the hype radar. And it was literally just a few lines and a screenshot saying like "This game recently released in Japan and has been well received there, its soon coming out in the UK and its a mix between Final Fantasy and Disney". I wasn't into Final Fantasy at the time (I'm still not really) but just the fact there was a game coming out where you adventured through Disney movies immediately sold it to me. There wasn't really a big crossing over of Disney characters like that before then, plus the graphics at the time were great, I remember seeing a screenshot of Hades from the game and thinking it looked exactly like the movie lol. So yeah, I was a fan basically before it was even released here. :D 

I remember because Kingdom Hearts released about two weeks after GTA: Vice City here, so all my friends at school were still talking about and playing Vice City and I would just be going along with the conversation even though I had already moved on from running over old ladies in a car, to hitting Jafar with a keyblade. 

I started playing Kingdom Hearts in 2009 when I got 1 and 2 for my birthday.  It wasn't until I was playing both games for the second time that I realized something was missing plot wise.  I looked on the internet and found that there were TWO games in-between KH 1 and 2 if you're playing in chronological order.  After playing both KH: Chain of Memories and KH: 358/2 Days I realized that the Kingdom Hearts plot was a lot more complicated than I first thought.  I have loved Kingdom Hearts ever since.  :)

On 8/19/2019 at 5:57 PM, littleTSUBAME said:

I played KH1 the summer before I started high school, so 2011. I feel like it hasn’t been that long, but it’s been 8 years... I feel old.

I have so many fond memories from that summer. Probably should have gone outside more often especially since it was a particularly warm summer and staying indoors (without air conditioning) felt like dying. Having electronic appliances on 24/7 just made it worse.

It was all totally worth it, though.

I think I got into Kingdom Hearts back in 2009/2010, I am 27 years old now and man do I feel old.

I discovered KH1 at a friend’s house I believe at the age of 10 or 11 years old (so, it was between 2004 - 2006 possibly). It was the only KH game that existed to my knowledge at the time (did not know about Chain of Memories cuz I had no game boy advance ROFL). It was kinda life changing because I’ve never seen a game like this. It was also special because it was the only game I completed on my own. I thank KH1 for that accomplishment. 

It was in 2006, Christmastime! Kingdom Hearts II was my first game in the franchise, and I fell in love and took it upon myself to play every single game that had released until then! And then afterward, I'd pre-order every installment and to this day, I am a devout fan! Love these games! <3