Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Allwil13

TV Show Club Planning Topic

Hey everybody! Welcome to KH13's first ever club topic! If you don't know what I mean by "club topic", please check out the information topic on clubs here

This topic will serve as the foundation for the TV Show club itself. This is where we will figure out which show we will follow, how many episodes to watch at a time, and how often we will meet. If there is anything else anyone would like to figure out before we get started with the club, please feel free to bring it up here and we will be sure to discuss it accordingly. 

Any TV Show is up for selection, but we would like to make sure we select something that everyone will enjoy. With that being said, please don't hesitate to voice your hesitation about any suggestions brought up here and we will all discuss it. Also, if our selected series has multiple seasons, the club will reconvene here in this topic upon the conclusion of the first season to discuss whether or not we would like to continue. The same approach will occur for each subsequent season as well. If no one is enjoying the series after the season, we can select a new project to replace it.

While discussing the idea of the clubs, we mods thought that Stranger Things might be a fun show to start with. Keep in mind however that this is simply a suggestion. If you have a show in mind that you'd like to put forward, we'd love to hear it. This is a group activity, so the group's opinions are crucial. 

We can't wait to hear your feedback and ideas, so without further ado, let's get started! 

20 minutes ago, ocean's rage said:

wouldnt it be more practical to have a different club for each tv show? (or at least each genre) for tv in general it seems very broad

We’ll be separating them off into different topics once we’ve selected a show, this is just for any planning. 

I’m so down for Stranger Things, interested in what others might suggest too though! :D

I'm game for whatever we decide XD Stranger Things sounds like fun to join, I've seen a few episodes but got too busy :P. But I'm down with trying it again or any new show ^-^

2 hours ago, jbmasta said:

A lot of the early material is on Spotify, for free access.

Really?
I was unaware that Spotify was a video streaming provider as well as music. 

1 hour ago, Ventus_ said:

Really?
I was unaware that Spotify was a video streaming provider as well as music. 

Big Finish Productions produces audio drama, radio plays. They've just celebrated 20 years of their Doctor Who licence, and have produced content for other properties like Torchwood, Blake's 7, Survivors, Star Cops, Dark Shadows, The Avengers (the classic British show, not the Marvel Comics team), some Gerry Anderson shows (Captain Scarlet, Terrahawks) and so much more, such as the recently announced Space: 1999. They've also got material with literature figures such as Sherlock Holmes and Dorian Gray. Lots of the established properties are continuations, with original cast members reprising their roles where possible. For Doctor Who there are frequently new stories for the classic Doctors with the original actors, even though that era ended in '89 on TV. That list of companions the Eighth Doctor gives in Night of the Doctor? That includes Big Finish companions who'd traveled with him by the time the minisode was written.

10 minutes ago, jbmasta said:

Big Finish Productions produces audio drama, radio plays. They've just celebrated 20 years of their Doctor Who licence, and have produced content for other properties like Torchwood, Blake's 7, Survivors, Star Cops, Dark Shadows, The Avengers (the classic British show, not the Marvel Comics team), some Gerry Anderson shows (Captain Scarlet, Terrahawks) and so much more, such as the recently announced Space: 1999. They've also got material with literature figures such as Sherlock Holmes and Dorian Gray. Lots of the established properties are continuations, with original cast members reprising their roles where possible. For Doctor Who there are frequently new stories for the classic Doctors with the original actors, even though that era ended in '89 on TV. That list of companions the Eighth Doctor gives in Night of the Doctor? That includes Big Finish companions who'd traveled with him by the time the minisode was written.

I see so it's JUST that production company?

Alrighty guys! Thanks everybody for the suggestions, we're going to go ahead and leave this up to a vote, to decide which show we'll be watching this time around. Keep in mind if your show doesn't get picked this time doesn't mean it won't have a chance the next time. :)

Feel free to vote here! https://strawpoll.com/7a177ygy 

So the poll is now cosed and the votes have been tallied. It looks like Stranger Things is our winner! Thanks to everyone who voted, and feel free to check out the official club topic here so we can get started!