Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

As the title suggests. If Marvel gets included as a world in the KH series, would it be based on the MCU, or a completely original take? And if based on the MCU, how do you think Thanos' snap would fit into the Kingdom Hearts lore?

I think I have an idea on how to solve Nomura and Square Enix's contract problem. Once again in case of a world based on the MCU. They should try stories set between the films. Like they did with Toy Story.

I think they should do original stories somewhat based on the comics, but I kind of wonder if the lack of Marvel is because Nomura thinks he has to follow the movies or something, and that's why he thinks Marvel doesn't fit KH.

2 hours ago, G-SANtos said:

I think they should do original stories somewhat based on the comics, but I kind of wonder if the lack of Marvel is because Nomura thinks he has to follow the movies or something, and that's why he thinks Marvel doesn't fit KH.

I thought it was the same reason why Mickey only appeared once in the first game.

It's more so of Disney's decision on what they can put in the game... plus Disney would have to double check with Marvel to see if it's okay with them... It kinda gets convoluted with the licensing issues. Toy Story was supposed to appear in the first Kingdom Hearts game and only recently getting in the third (though that was due to never getting a chance to discuss about it with Disney supposedly). It's still possible to get Marvel in there, Big Hero 6 is in KHIII and that was partially Marvel. It depends on what Disney allows and what Nomura's team can do with the concept and characters. I can see it being in a Kingdom Hearts game someday though, just will take a while to get there...

25 minutes ago, EchoFox23* said:

It depends on what Disney allows and what Nomura's team can do with the concept and characters.

As a massive Disney fan, I must say this is one of the things they do that I just don't get. Even in Disney Infinity, their own crossover game there were stipulations like "Oh you can only use a character in the world they are from" its all a bit strange really. I feel like the reason more people aren't calling them out for being so over protective of their characters and the stories is because it hasn't been found to have negatively effected the end product.... Yet. I have heard about the rumours that the Frozen world in KH3 was originally different. 

Anyway as for Marvel being in a KH game; I'd like at least a Spider-Man world (which I guess would just be New York) but a stylised one that looks like a comic book or the old animated TV series. That would be perfect. :3 And it might also help get more people into buying comics again, apparently traditional comic books aren't selling as well as they used to / need to be. 

Marvel already feels like it's got its own massive universe, and as already mentioned would involve separate licencing deals. There's a whole game worth of Marvel potential alone, and would get accusations of MCU pandering. Star Wars is the same, as cool as a lightsaber based keyblade would look. Besides, both properties have long histories prior to Disney getting creative influence.

12 hours ago, jbmasta said:

Marvel already feels like it's got its own massive universe, and as already mentioned would involve separate licencing deals. There's a whole game worth of Marvel potential alone, and would get accusations of MCU pandering. Star Wars is the same, as cool as a lightsaber based keyblade would look. Besides, both properties have long histories prior to Disney getting creative influence.

Thats what i habe been thinking about. Considering how big the pirates wirld was it would have to be a massiv world with several areas including earth and asgard and parts of the worlds seen in Guardians of the galaxy

1 hour ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

Thats what i habe been thinking about. Considering how big the pirates wirld was it would have to be a massiv world with several areas including earth and asgard and parts of the worlds seen in Guardians of the galaxy

It'd have to do something like the Lego Marvel's The Avengers game where different MCU areas have minihubs to represent the early Phase 2 movies (Tony's Malibu compound, Asgard, The Mall in Washington).

I wrote my own topic about the same thing. You can see it here:  
https://www.kh13.com/forums/topic/121032-mcu-in-the-future-of-kingdom-hearts/  

I also believe the MCU could be used as an adventure for Sora in Kingdom Hearts. This is how I imagine the main points:  

1º) Thanos' snap could be the key for the crossover. Thanos' snap could have caused a disruption through the universe and open a hole that caused individuals from other realities being dragged to the MCU. That could work to explain Sora's presence in the MCU.     

2º) To explain Sora presence through different movies, I guess the Quantum Realm could be used. If the Gummi Ship could travel through the Quantum Realm, this could allow Sora to travel through the different eras in MCU and meet several heroes. For example, go to 1942 and meet Captain America in "The First Avenger"; then going forward and meet Captain Marvel in 1995. Of course, Sora could only go forward to avoid the whole "time changes" and stuff.     

3º) Sora would have to avoid certain moments in the MCU to avoid inconcluences. For example, just like they skipped "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men's Chest" to avoid Sora from interfering in events (surely saving Jack from being devoured by the Kraken), Sora couldn't be in "Infinity War" to avoid Thanos' snap. It would be like Ant-Man escaping the snap in the Quantum Realm.     

4º) Disney's characters in this story should be reduced. I mean, considering Howard the Duck, Sora could have Donald and Goofy with him. Also, since there are some similarities between characters from Disney and Marvel, maybe Sora should rescue those characters from being dragged to the MCU too. For example, both Disney and Marvel have an Hercules. Marvel's Arabian Knight has several similarities with Aladdin. Disney and Marvel have both a character known as Beast. And of course, Big Hero 6 were based on a superhero team of Marvel.     

5º) Now, which "movies" would Sora visit in the MCU? It should be different places through time and space to avoid "time inconcluences". And all of them should have an objective. Sora should have a "guide" to help in this mission too, and I believe the best candidate should be the Ancient One. These are the "worlds" Sora should visit:  
+ "Captain Marvel": Its goal would be obtaining the Tesseract, from the alien cat.   
+ "Avengers" (The first movie): Its goal would be obtaining Loki's Scepter, after defeating him.   
+ "Guardiand of the Galaxy": Its goal would be obtaining the Orb, after defeating Ronan. This should be tricky, as they should avoid Thanos' attantion.   
+ "Doctor Strange": Its goal would be obtaining the Eye of Agamotto, right after defeating Dormammu and force him to bargain.   
+ "Thor - Dark World": Its goal would be obtaining the Aether, once Malekith is defeated.   
+ "Iron Man's movie": One of the three, which goal would be protect Stark, as he would be needed to stop Thanos.   
+ "Hulk": Its goal would be save Hulk, as he would be needed to use the gauntlet and undo Thanos' snap. (Some things has to happen like originally).   
+ "Captain America - The First Avenger": Double goal, one is saving Cap America, as he's the one who will assemble the Avengers. The other would be obtaining the Tesseract, but it would fail, so they will try again with Captain Marvel.   
+ "Ant-Man's movie": One of the tw movies. It's goal would be saving Ant-Man, as he will be needed for the Quantum World's trip.   
+ "Black Panther": Its goal would be saving Black Panther, as the Avengers will definitely need Wakanda's army and tech to beat Thanos' army.   
+ "Spider-Man - Homecoming": Its goal would be saving Spider-Man, as his death on Stark's arms would be necessary to motive Stark into help the Avengers with the Time Machine.   
+ "Avengers - Age of Ultron": Now, this one is tricky. Its first goal would be saving Quicksilver, then Quicksilver would sacrifice himself to gain the Soul Stone from Vormir.   

12 "Worlds", 6 to gather the Infinity Stones, and 6 to save important characters to defeat Thanos. All this will take us to the "final world":   
+ "Avengers - Endgame": Its goal is clearly defeat Thanos and his army, and avoid at all cost he uses the Infinity Gems again. The final battle here already shares a lot of similarities with the final battle on KH3. Check my other topic:  
https://www.kh13.com/forums/topic/120158-comparisons-between-the-plots-of-avengers-endgame-and-kingdom-hearts-iii/  

After this, Sora would use the Gems to open a portal back to his reality, and the Avengers will take care of returning the Gems to their proper places.   

Well, what do you think?

Edited by Ursalink