Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Allwil13

TV Show Club - Stranger Things

Hey everyone! The votes have been tallied and it looks like the selection for our first TV Show Club project is Stranger Things! Anyone is welcome to join in the viewing process, so don't be shy! First things first, though, we think it's a good idea to figure out how often we will meet and how many episodes to watch at a time.

Stranger Things' seasons aren't that long, so we could probably do one episode every couple of days. If you have a different idea of how many episodes to watch at a time and how often we should watch them, please feel free to share below. Otherwise, we'll get this project underway!

I'm excited to see it, this will be fun to watch ^-^ I approve of every few days per episode as well. Leaves me some time to catch it if I forgot or something (which is very common for me :P) XD

Stranger Things isn't my genre but it's popularity does have me curious. 
I suppose I could give it a shot for the sake of adding activity to the thread if nothing else. 
Every few days per episode is fine by me, specifically, perhaps two?

I assume we're scheduling in EST? Might wanna specify that. 

3 minutes ago, Ventus_ said:

Stranger Things isn't my genre but it's popularity does have me curious. 
I suppose I could give it a shot for the sake of adding activity to the thread if nothing else. 
Every few days per episode is fine by me, specifically, perhaps two?

I assume we're scheduling in EST? Might wanna specify that. 

Wow, I didn't even think about the time zone, lol. I'm actually in Canada so I'm in ADT. I was just thinking when we're ready to go we can give a specific day as a deadline.

12 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

Wow, I didn't even think about the time zone, lol. I'm actually in Canada so I'm in ADT. I was just thinking when we're ready to go we can give a specific day as a deadline.

Well the majority of the memberbase is in EST, hence it being KH13's base timezone and as PST is just 3 hours behind @WakelessDreamand I are able to follow it fine so it shouldn't be a huge issue but we do have some Europeans and Aussies who are almost an entire day ahead of America.

It's important to make sure everyone feels able to participate if desired because feeling unable is a turn off.  

1 hour ago, Ventus_ said:

Well the majority of the memberbase is in EST, hence it being KH13's base timezone and as PST is just 3 hours behind @WakelessDreamand I are able to follow it fine so it shouldn't be a huge issue but we do have some Europeans and Aussies who are almost an entire day ahead of America.

It's important to make sure everyone feels able to participate if desired because feeling unable is a turn off.  

That's a good point. We can certainly schedule it according to EST. I don't think I'm that far off from it anyway.

I’m good with whatever time. :) I think having a designated day is a good idea too. Everyone doesn’t have to finish exactly on the dot at the same hour but as long as it’s within the day we should be good. 

For those that fall behind or want to join the discussion later they’ll have to play catch up and just be mindful of where the rest of the group is in the series.

Time to decide the start day and deadline for the first episode. 
Thoughts?

Well, today is Saturday. How about we set the deadline for the first episode for Tuesday? That gives everybody two and a half days to watch the first episode of season one. 

5 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

Well, today is Saturday. How about we set the deadline for the first episode for Tuesday? That gives everybody two and a half days to watch the first episode of season one. 

Works for me. 

I just finished watching the first episode. 
I might be into this.

Anyone else ready to talk? Today was the deadline right? Tuesday?

Yep today was the deadline. I'm ready to talk if everyone else is.

I don't think Will is dead; that would be too easy. His friends seem pretty determined to find him, too, which makes me feel like there's more to his disappearance than we've seen so far. There was also the call that Will's mother Joyce got when her heard his voice. It's certainly possible that she was hearing things, but I think there's more to it than that. I think he's still alive.

I concur that it's too simple a solution for him to be dead and the eerie phone call with the breathing is definitely a sign of something going on. 

4 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

Shall we set a deadline for episode two? I was thinking Friday. Thoughts?

I'm a bit busy on Friday but I can participate in the discussion in the morning and early afternoon so sure. 

I may not be able to get to it by Friday, been feeling under the weather lately and I anticipate it might spill into the weekend. I think Monday or Tuesday of next week would work better for me, but if you guys want to set the deadline for earlier I don't mind. I'll catch up and join in once I've watched the next episode!