Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Allwil13

TV Show Club - Stranger Things

Next Monday or Tuesday is better for me as well. 
As our bathroom is under renovations and currently entirely gutted I've been having to shower at my aunt's house this week. My shower days are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and I go over to my aunt's for my shower at around 3:15 PST after she's off work. 
Then I'm having dinner with my friends at 5:30-5:45 PST. 

Sorry for the late reply ya'll, I'm trying to catch up today and tomorrow hopefully, I've been busy with hw lately XP. I think Will isn't dead either, though there's something about him missing just seems off... if he's not dead yet and the phone call proves that he's alive somehow, he must be where a phone line is available... I'll for sure get the episode done by Monday ^-^

5 minutes ago, WakelessDream said:

I’m ready! Also I was bad and went ahead to episode 3 as well ?

Lol, to be honest I moved ahead too. But we'll stick to episode 2 for now. I love this show!!!!

Someone warn me if I’m getting into stuff from the third episode because now everything is just meshing together for me. xD 

I’m really interested to find out more about Eleven, her flashbacks both make me feel bad for her but also leave me with more questions surrounding her past. 

6 minutes ago, WakelessDream said:

Someone warn me if I’m getting into stuff from the third episode because now everything is just meshing together for me. xD 

I’m really interested to find out more about Eleven, her flashbacks both make me feel bad for her but also leave me with more questions surrounding her past. 

She is definitely an intriguing character; I'm hoping her personality will develop as things progress. I'm really digging the music of this series, too. The theme that played when Eleven flipped the Dungeons and Dragons board was awesome! Also, I hope Barb is okay. I imagine she ended up in the same place as Will, though I get the feeling that she's going to have a different ending here than Will.

This series does an amazing job at building suspense and intrigue. I am 100% hooked!

I'm ready! Haven't gotten to episode 3 yet but I might tonight :3

I was about to cry over some of Eleven's flashbacks XD Like I related hardcore so much to the isolation scene. Never had that happen to me before but it reminded me of how alone I felt sometimes. I'd like to see her progress more as a character, I feel like there's going to be a lot more to her and I would love to see it fleshed out. The scene with Joyce got me really into the show, with the mysteries and stuff. I'm liking it so far, I remember how good it was when I first saw it XD

8 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

She is definitely an intriguing character; I'm hoping her personality will develop as things progress. I'm really digging the music of this series, too. The theme that played when Eleven flipped the Dungeons and Dragons board was awesome! Also, I hope Barb is okay. I imagine she ended up in the same place as Will, though I get the feeling that she's going to have a different ending here than Will.

This series does an amazing job at building suspense and intrigue. I am 100% hooked!

What makes you think Barb’s fate will be different from Will’s? Just curious. xD Also I wonder if they’ll end up crossing paths wherever they are. 

4 hours ago, EchoFox23* said:

I'm ready! Haven't gotten to episode 3 yet but I might tonight :3

I was about to cry over some of Eleven's flashbacks XD Like I related hardcore so much to the isolation scene. Never had that happen to me before but it reminded me of how alone I felt sometimes. I'd like to see her progress more as a character, I feel like there's going to be a lot more to her and I would love to see it fleshed out. The scene with Joyce got me really into the show, with the mysteries and stuff. I'm liking it so far, I remember how good it was when I first saw it XD

Yeah the flashback scenes were intense! Eleven is such a mysterious character, I’m with you as I think there’s more to her than what we’ve seen so far. I already finished the third episode but still can’t wait to find out what happens next! xD 

1 hour ago, WakelessDream said:

What makes you think Barb’s fate will be different from Will’s? Just curious. xD Also I wonder if they’ll end up crossing paths wherever they are. 

I just think it's highly unlikely that two people have gotten dragged into... wherever they're being taken and that they're both going to come out unscathed. I think that since Will's a kid, it would be pretty brutal to kill him, not to mention he's been the characters' main focus ever since he disappeared. But we haven't seen the response to Barb's disappearance yet, so maybe I'm just jumping the gun here. I just suspect that Barb won't get a happy ending here, but again, this is just speculation. 

17 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

I just think it's highly unlikely that two people have gotten dragged into... wherever they're being taken and that they're both going to come out unscathed. I think that since Will's a kid, it would be pretty brutal to kill him, not to mention he's been the characters' main focus ever since he disappeared. But we haven't seen the response to Barb's disappearance yet, so maybe I'm just jumping the gun here. I just suspect that Barb won't get a happy ending here, but again, this is just speculation. 

That's a good point. I do feel sorry for Barb though, I kind of took the fact that she effectively became the third wheel at Steve's place as a sign that something bad was going to happen to her. :( 

9 hours ago, WakelessDream said:

That's a good point. I do feel sorry for Barb though, I kind of took the fact that she effectively became the third wheel at Steve's place as a sign that something bad was going to happen to her. :( 

Yeah, she definitely does have a tragic feel about her, doesn't she? I certainly hope she's going to survive, but I've got a bad feeling.

34 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

Yeah, she definitely does have a tragic feel about her, doesn't she? I certainly hope she's going to survive, but I've got a bad feeling.

Same here... I really liked her a lot from the small amount of time we saw her. It's not surprising what happened to her but still... I hope she survives...

3 hours ago, WakelessDream said:

So I finished episode 5 last night. Needless to say I'm hooked and may end up going on a binge if I can't help myself. xD When would everyone like to set the deadline for the third episode? 

Lol, I've been struggling to keep from watching ahead, but I think I'm going to crack like an egg soon. How does Sunday sound to everyone?

I apologize, I'm afraid I fell a bit behind purely due to forgetfulness. 
I've just finished the second episode and am now starting the third. 

I've gotta say I'm confused.
The whole thing with the Joyce and the lights and Barb. Are Will and Barb in some other dimension? 

3 hours ago, Ventus_ said:

I apologize, I'm afraid I fell a bit behind purely due to forgetfulness. 
I've just finished the second episode and am now starting the third. 

I've gotta say I'm confused.
The whole thing with the Joyce and the lights and Barb. Are Will and Barb in some other dimension? 

I suspect it's something along those lines. It's tough to say right now because we haven't actually seen Will since the first episode, but if he's able to communicate using the lights, that indicates to me that he's somehow able to see or hear Joyce.

9 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

I suspect it's something along those lines. It's tough to say right now because we haven't actually seen Will since the first episode, but if he's able to communicate using the lights, that indicates to me that he's somehow able to see or hear Joyce.

Agreed but from a still living state as he literally told Joyce through the one blink for 'yes', two blinks for 'no' system. 

13 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

Hey guys! Sunday has arrived. Are we all caught up? 

Is episode 3 our latest? 
Under this assumption that's how far I went last night but want to be certain before I comment on it. 

3 minutes ago, Ventus_ said:

Is episode 3 our latest? 
Under this assumption that's how far I went last night but want to be certain before I comment on it. 

Yep! Episode three is the one we had to watch by today. 

Judging by the opening of this episode, I am unfortunately going to admit that I suspect Barb is dead. It would be great if I'm wrong here but the way she got dragged off like that just gives me a bad feeling. 

Also, I gotta say that I love the design of this alternate dimension place where Barb woke up. It seems like it's a dark reflection of Hawkins or something.