Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Aquaberry

[UPDATED] New Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind trailer has been released ahead of Tokyo Game Show 2019

As promised by the director Tetsuya Nomura himself, a new trailer for Kingdom Hearts III Re:Mind (now stylised as "Re Mind") has been released! Watch it below! Be sure to turn on Closed Captions on the YouTube player for English subtitles.

Or, you can watch the original Japanese version below:

UPDATE [Sep 9, 2019]: Thanks to our in-house translator Solis, we have noticed two noteworthy differences between the original Japanese dialogue and the localized translations.

1. According to the localized translation, Aqua says: "There's only one thing I want, with all my heart." The original Japanese quote is: "The only thing I’ve wished for the past 10 years is..."
  2. In the localized version, the Master of Masters asks Xehanort, "What do you want for the world?" In the Japanese version, he says: “What do you want for the world after it has been covered in darkness?”

The following press release was given alongside the new trailer:

Ahead of the Tokyo Game Show, SQUARE ENIX® gave Keyblade wielders an early look at new DLC coming to KINGDOM HEARTS III titled, “Re Mind”. This winter, players can experience a new episode as they continue their adventure in the beloved action-RPG series, encountering new obstacles and bosses to battle.

The Tokyo Game Show trailer showcases new story scenes along with Sora’s new battle form as he takes on the evil Organization XIII. The new trailer is subtitled in English and available to view on YouTube: https://youtu.be/l4D_Cu9Ad0s.

In the upcoming DLC, players travel to a familiar realm and encounter powerful new bosses. In some of the additional battles, players will be able to switch characters. Players can also obtain additional Keyblades by downloading the free update.

KINGDOM HEARTS III Re Mind will launch this winter for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X. KINGDOM HEARTS III is rated E10+ by the ESRB and is available now for the PlayStation®4 system and Xbox One.

This new Re Mind trailer has revealed a variety of new content, from new boss battles to brand new cutscenes.

During the battle against Xion and Saix, new dialogue is revealed with Kairi and Lea. Aqua's and Ventus's battle against Vanitas and Terra-Xehanort has gotten this treatment too. There also seems to be link attacks with the party members during their respective fights. For instance, Lea, Roxas and Xion had a unique attack together as well as Aqua and Ventus. A brief new snippet of the conversation between the Master of Masters and Young Xehanort is shown too. A new conversation between Sora and Chirithy is shown where they discuss the whereabouts of Kairi's heart. Sora talks to Namine in the Station of Awakening, urging her to leave, to "the world of ocean and sky". The trailer ends right before a clash takes place with Lingering Will and Terra-Xehanort. 

Two new fights were shown off. Both took place in similar looking arenas with Sora by himself. The first battle shown off was against what looked like Vanitas, and the second was against Xigbar (Luxu)

Nomura also left this message. Translations are courtesy of KH13 Staff @Mio-chan.

I prepared a text real quick, but I'm rewriting it because my heart began to pound fast. It may still be difficult to see the whole picture, but this time I think I can confirm some aspects of the linkage and Limit Cuts. Please wait for the announcement of the release date while thinking about it.

-Nomura

From previous trailers and information reveals, this is what we know about Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind:

• Roxas can be selected after advancing through additional scenarios, like those with Riku and Aqua
  • The Oathkeeper Keyblade is being added with a unique Formchange in an update that will release simultaneously with Re Mind
  • A secret episode will be added that includes a boss/bosses
  • A Limit Cut episode will be added that also includes the Limit Cut boss/bosses
  • New story content will be added, including a scenario named “Re Mind” containing a lot of cutscenes
  • The number of new bosses in Re Mind (or, at least, the Limit Cut bosses) will be roughly as many as there were in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
  • Additional scenarios are independent of and can be enjoyed after clearing the main story
  • There will be an English language option available for Japanese version of the game
  • It will be releasing in Winter
  • Nomura wants to release Re Mind quickly, and not too close to Final Fantasy VII: Remake's release in March 2020.

To refresh your memory (no pun intended), you can watch the first Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind trailer below.

If you want to view screenshots for this new Re:Mind trailer, check them out below!

What are you most excited to see in Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind? Let us know!

View full article

OMG, this trailer is killing me! So much hype! AND YES, FINALLY WE GET BOTH OATHKEEPER AND OBLIVION!!! God that feels so satisfying! Just give me the option to play as Kairi somewhere in this thing and I'll be set for life!

Also, am I the only one who's confused about why Lingering Will is using the Earthshaker Keyblade instead of the Ends of The Earth Keyblade he's usually depicted as using? I always liked Ends of The Earth better, so I really hope they didn't retcon the original version of that fight scene to swap those models out. Hopefully there's just a story reason for that, like Terra-Xehanort shatters it temporarily like Xemnas did with Lea so Lingering Will just summons Earthshaker to compensate.

In any case, oh man, I can't wait to get my hands on this baby! And to think we probably haven't even seen anything from the Secret Episode yet. Or, maybe we have and don't know it yet? Kind of hope not, cause they've been showing off so much from the Limit Cut side of things, so it'd be nice to keep at least the Secret Episode a surprise in terms of what to expect until maybe late fall before they release it.

Really hope it ends up getting released in December, cause I want to play and replay this thing as soon as possible. If they're trying to avoid VII Remake's March 2020 window while also releasing it as soon as possible, that doesn't leave them with many options, December or January are the most likely targets, February at the latest. Kind of leaning on December though, since January would make it a whole year after release, which is kind of silly.

1 hour ago, Hero of Light XIV said:

OMG, this trailer is killing me! So much hype! AND YES, FINALLY WE GET BOTH OATHKEEPER AND OBLIVION!!! God that feels so satisfying! Just give me the option to play as Kairi somewhere in this thing and I'll be set for life!

Also, am I the only one who's confused about why Lingering Will is using the Earthshaker Keyblade instead of the Ends of The Earth Keyblade he's usually depicted as using? I always liked Ends of The Earth better, so I really hope they didn't retcon the original version of that fight scene to swap those models out. Hopefully there's just a story reason for that, like Terra-Xehanort shatters it temporarily like Xemnas did with Lea so Lingering Will just summons Earthshaker to compensate.

In any case, oh man, I can't wait to get my hands on this baby! And to think we probably haven't even seen anything from the Secret Episode yet. Or, maybe we have and don't know it yet? Kind of hope not, cause they've been showing off so much from the Limit Cut side of things, so it'd be nice to keep at least the Secret Episode a surprise in terms of what to expect until maybe late fall before they release it.

Really hope it ends up getting released in December, cause I want to play and replay this thing as soon as possible. If they're trying to avoid VII Remake's March 2020 window while also releasing it as soon as possible, that doesn't leave them with many options, December or January are the most likely targets, February at the latest. Kind of leaning on December though, since January would make it a whole year after release, which is kind of silly.

Riku traded in his Way to the Dawn for Braveheart so I don't really see the Will doing the same thing in terms of temporary. Axel is different because his Flame Liberator is created from his own flames, know what I mean? 

Not going to watch the trailer! I refuse to watch it so I can play the game again blind! I want to act like I'm playing Kingdom Hearts 3 for the first with all these new additions. I'm so keeping my expectations very very low because I'm afraid it won't be like on the same level as Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix. Plus, that thumbnail of Namine is all I need to know that she might have more presence in Re:Mind than in the original release. Can't wait to play the game again on Critical Mode, but yeah I won't watch anymore trailers.

OMG So many things to be excited about! First and foremost, though, is it just me or does it seem like we might be able to play as Lea in the battle against Saix? It kinda seemed like he was the ringleader in that Link Attack with Xion and Roxas, indicating tht we may be able to play as all three of the Seasalt Trio. Fingers crossed! Also, I wonder if that extra battle with Xigbar/Luxu occurs because Sora finds out who he really is? And could they be talking about Ventus' heart having traveled to the past? GAH! So many questions!!!

Every time they show me something with RAX I scream "I WANT THIS DLC NOOOOW!" That group attack on Saix was beautiful. I could watch it forever. The trailer really hints that the events at the Keyblade Graveyard are going to change or we're in a different reality timeline thing. Either way I'm so hyped. I hope I fair better in these potential Organization data fights then I did in the KH2 ones where I failed :(

It's amazing. After beating KH3 I lowered my expectations in regards to the DLC. After the E3 trailer I lowered my expectations even more. Now, after yet another trailer, I'm lowering expectations again. Some things get me excited, but other things are yuck, and obviously won't live up to the jump from KH2 to KH2FM (in some regards).

Good
-It looks like cutscenes will be added to clarify and set up things properly (Lea/Kairi scene, Namine scene), which is great, since there are STILL things about the KH3 story that I'm scratching my head about.
-The chance to play as other characters is fantastic!
-Similar to the Secret Episode in BBSFM where we play as Aqua in the Realm of Darkness, it looks like there will be an episode dedicated to Sora searching for Kairi after beating Xehanort. Probably involving a boss rush mode, which is what that Xigbar and Vanitas fight were.
-Getting Oathkeeper & Oblivion is just... yes yes YES! :D

Bad
-Other Final Mixes added new Keyblades, but they usually attached them to new boss fights or minigames (Roxas fight, Ice Titan fight, etc.). Unless there's something I'm missing, I think you can earn Oathkeeper & Oblivion... now? Take a picture of all the Lucky Emblems for Oathkeeper, beat the game on Critical Mode for Oblivion, and I think they'll just unlock whenever you download ReMind. Sad there's no extra content in that regard.
-I have no proof, but I just have a bad feeling that these other playable characters (Riku, Aqua, Roxas) won't be available in the main game, but just a side option on the main menu. I'd rather Nomura rewrite those scenes than to make it non canon.
-Some scenes point to more time travel and branching alternate reality nonsense, which is bad, but I'll acknowledge that's probably just my personal taste.

Even if I'm not excited about the DLC I'm still going to buy it and give Square my money, so I guess the real joke is on me lol It's weird that it's September and they can't obligate themselves to December yet. I'd say prepare for this dropping early 2020.

8 hours ago, Hero of Light XIV said:

Okay so, back when KHIII first came out, and there's that scene where they close Kingdom Hearts just before Scala, Terra was using Earthshaker. This always confused me since we very clearly saw LW using Ends of the Earth in his clash with TX.

The reason why Terra is using Earthshaker in that scene and why LW is using it in the trailer is likely the same and I think you're probs right about TX destroying EotE or making it otherwise unusable - either way it looks like we'll finally see the reason Terra was using Earthshaker at the end there xD

Thank you for informing us about this awesomeness, Aquaberry!

Oh boy, this trailer got me so flipping hyped for Re:Mind! And mind you, I was already excited to begin with, but seeing all this extra footage and all the playable characters...gahh! And I love that the Keyblade War will be expanded upon, as it was the best part of the whole game! And those Limit attacks, good lord!!!!

Winter can't come soon enough! I hope this adds at least 15 to 20 hours to the base game, so we have enough content to chew on as we await the beginning of the next saga!