Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
OrpheusJoshua

Kingdom Hearts III Wins Outstanding Performance Award at TGS 2019

Today, Kingdom Hearts III and Dragon Quest Builders 2 have received the "Outstanding Performance Award" at Tokyo Game Show 2019!

The official Square Enix Events page tweeted the following statement:

The 1st day of #TGS2019 is over! The award for [Japanese Game Award 2019 Annual Work Division] happened today, in which #DQB2 and #KH3 received the [Outstanding Performance Award]! Thank you to everyone who has supported us! 

Congratulations to Square Enix!

Translations have been done by KH13 member @Solis

View full article

...Really? Even though KHIII has received a good portion negative feedback regarding it's pacing problems, character progression and development, and story. Or was this "Outstanding Performance Award" simply a paid publicity stunt to pat themselves on the back?

Congrats to the KH3 team!!!

9 hours ago, Movies798 said:

Awesome! Truly deserve it! Now I wish Kingdom Hearts 3 at least gets nominated for Best Game of the Years Award!

Image result for spit gif

KH3 in no way deserves that award, or even the nomination. It doesn't push gaming forward, doesn't do anything new, or bring the series to new heights.

I could see it potentially being nominated and winning awards for: visuals, music, and best action game (but not best game overall) though Devil May Cry 5 would probably beat KH3 for action game.

Doesn't matter though. We all know Geoff Keighly is going to stuff that ballot box with Death Stranding votes for all categories lol

18 hours ago, Green Sparrow said:

KH3 in no way deserves that award, or even the nomination. It doesn't push gaming forward, doesn't do anything new, or bring the series to new heights.

Lmao! Kingdom Hearts 3 definitely deserve it. In my opinion, I think Kingdom Hearts 3 deserves to get nominated for Best Game of the Year. 

Edited by Movies798

5 hours ago, Movies798 said:

Lmao! Kingdom Hearts 3 definitely deserve it. In my opinion, I think Kingdom Hearts 3 deserves to get nominated for Best Game of the Year. 

I'm actually quite interested to know your opinion! :D

Why do YOU think Kingdom Hearts 3 deserves the Game of the Year award over all the other games that came out this year?

On 9/13/2019 at 1:19 PM, Arkboi21 said:

...Really? Even though KHIII has received a good portion negative feedback regarding it's pacing problems, character progression and development, and story. Or was this "Outstanding Performance Award" simply a paid publicity stunt to pat themselves on the back?

Who knows. But...I'd like to believe otherwise. 

I think everyone looks too much on the negative aspects of KH III. It's meant to be a new kind of KH game for the following decade. The only reason it probably failed was because it didn't exactly give off an ending that fans were hoping for of the Xehanort Saga. But it does have potential and also, I'm happy with the game itself. 

Just enjoy it for what it is, not what it is SUPPOSED to be. 

On 9/16/2019 at 9:03 AM, Iamkingdomhearts1000 said:

Who knows. But...I'd like to believe otherwise. 

I think everyone looks too much on the negative aspects of KH III. It's meant to be a new kind of KH game for the following decade. The only reason it probably failed was because it didn't exactly give off an ending that fans were hoping for of the Xehanort Saga. But it does have potential and also, I'm happy with the game itself. 

Just enjoy it for what it is, not what it is SUPPOSED to be. 

And I honestly loved the build up that the game did for the next saga. Closing things off with Xehanort while paving the way towards the future with Luxu and the Foretellers! :)