Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jingilator

Replace ten old Smash stages with ten new ones

Just as the title says. I am kinda bummed that the base game of Ultimate only has four new stages, so let’s replace ten old ones we don’t Ike with new ones! My ten for ten are:

THROW THE BUM OUT:

1.  (Electroplankton): I think we can all agree that this stage sucks as a stage (really, water you can’t swim in?), but am I the only one who thinks it was pretty? Plus, it’s at least worth it for the green screen.

2. PAC-LAND: Like Hanenbow, it just sucks as a stage. Not to mention, like everyone else said, it poorly represents one of the most iconic video game characters ever. Why they dumped PAC-MAZE for a stage from glorified pre-MS Paint arcade game I will never know.

3.  (Mother 3): It’s just a poor man’s Temple. Need I say more?

4.  (Donkey Kong): If I wanted to play a stage where I’m basically just playing Donkey Kong, I’d just make it a smaller part of a bigger DK-themed level in a Melee-styled Adventure mode.

5. Great Cave Offensive (Kirby Super Star): Just a pointlessly large stage with artificial blast zones that Sakurai called “fun”. More like Great Space Offensive, am I right?

6. Windy Hill Zone (Sonic Lost World): I tried the demo for Lost World around the time it came out and couldn’t stand having to press a run button to make Sonic do what he always does, so I’m not really a fan of a stage that brings back those memories.

7. Coliseum (Fire Emblem): It’s just a poor man’s Arena Ferox, what more can I say?

8. New Donk City Hall (Super Mario Odyssey): After playing through that part of Odyssey, I’m actually kinda bummed that this wasn’t the NDC stage we got in Ultimate. All the current one has going for it is the musicians and Pauline, and that’s only just one song. A great one but still, one. And it doesn’t help that it’s one of the four new stages in Ultimate’s base game.

9. Midgar (FINAL FANTASY VII): It’s basically just Battlefield with Summons. That’s a pretty big stain on FF’s already meager Smash representation compared to even Dragon Quest.

10. Mario Bros.: I’m sorry but this stage is just unplayable. Going from one side of the screen to the other is a nice touch, but it makes it needlessly hard to tell what’s a blast zone and what’s not. Combine that with small breathing room to avoid enemies and—yeah, I don’t need to say anymore

What I’d add because the base game literally only has four new stages out of over a hundred:

1. Spill-Ville (Tomato Adventure): This could be a travelling stage with Gimmicks tossed in for good measure. I know, not very original, but I just want some major Tomato Adventure representation. It’s my most wanted JP-only game to be localized.

2. Champion’s Maze (PAC-MAN Championship Edition): A more sparkly version of PAC-MAZE with the ability to eat several ghosts in a row at once.

3. Saturn Valley (EarthBound): Seeing as Magicant was a stage, it baffles me that Saturn Valley wasn’t one in at least the Wii U game. Maybe something akin to its appearance in Smash Flash 2?

4. New Donk Festival (Super Mario Odyssey): Now this is the New Donk Stage I crave. This has potential for a series of completely new DK layouts and even a layout of 25m!

5. Alola Poké Floats (Pokémon Sun and Moon): Not much more I can say, it’s Poké Floats over Alola with the occasional Guardians and Ultra Beasts.

6. Metropolis (Sonic Forces): A traveling stage with the airships able be used as platforms and a hazard every now and then to keep things interesting (at least more interesting than it was in Forces).

7. Oprah House (Fire Emblem Fates): One of the most memorable locations in the whole series as far as I’m concerned, and I’m shocked it wasn’t a stage. Here’s a mock-up of what it could like and play like on post #1,577 by a SmashBoards user name TKOWL, who participated in the Smash Bros. Stage Creation contest way back when.

8. Gyromite: Basically a game of Gyromite, but the background is a living room with a fully-functional R.O.B. toy in said background.

9. Ripple Star (Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards): This is a stage I’d want if Adeleine and Ribbon were ever playable playable fighters. The stage takes place in front of the castle itself, near the fountain, with the occasional appearance by Dark Matter. Once again inspired by a mock-up by SmashBoards’ TKOWL.

10. Dr. Mario: This stage was originally going to be in Smash 4, and it’s a real shame it was never fully realized because my vision of it is the pills being platforms, the Viruses being Danger Zones (hopefully done right), and both kinds disappearing when same-colored pills line up with Viruses of their color.

i do not understand the obsession with poke floats

well id get rid of mementos, the clock thing, shadow mosess island and dracula's castle along with their characters, great cave offensive, palutena's temple, mario bros, 75m, pac land and port town aero drive cause im sick of it

as for new stages, mount tamaranch (links awakening), lunch kingdom (odyssey), ultra space (ultra sun & moon), alternate dimension (star allies), ruins of ark polaris (splatoon 2), goomba galleon (captain toad), saunderson house (chibi-robo) land of morytha (xenoblade 2), astral plane (astral chain), night walk (rhythm paradise)