Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
ReverofE

[KH1] Stop + Gravity + Gravity

6 hours ago, Darkfire1408 said:

OH MY GOSH! HOW DID I NOT THINK OF THIS!? Because the health doesn't decrease due to stop, all the gravity spells do Max Damage. Great combo there, might use it in a level one playthrough.

IDK if I would recommend that after my level 1 run. 

Magic power in Kingdom Hearts 1 is ultimately determined by how many MP bars Sora (or Donald has). Sora does NOT gain a lot of MP bars when playing on level 1 though. In addition, Goofy will never learn his MP Gift ability (where he donates his MP) and the rest of the team won't have a lot of item slots for the Ethers. So he will not be capable of using the strat above as much. If anything you are better off using the Damage Storage strategy instead.

HA! I'm surprised I never thought of that. Looking at it now it's clear that Stop and Gravity did kind of break the game. I always loved Gravity and I do miss it in the later games, but now I totally get why they didn't bring it back. I never really used Stop unless I was fighting the Pink Agaricus or the Sniper Wilds, but I think its fair to say that Stop was pretty OP.

Oh my gosh XD I wish I knew that for my platinum run XD Though I'm debating redoing it on the PS4 (did it on the PS3 version). I miss Gravity but I can see why it hasn't really come back in future games. Still that's a great cheat for some bosses, I've got to try that.

I'm normally one for finding cheese strats for bosses, but I will say the one thing that in all my years of playing the original KH series, I have NEVER thought to use Stop spells on bosses since that kind of thing just... doesn't usually work. That's a pretty nice way to beat the crap out of Cloud though that's for sure.

13 hours ago, LunaCatte said:

I'm normally one for finding cheese strats for bosses, but I will say the one thing that in all my years of playing the original KH series, I have NEVER thought to use Stop spells on bosses since that kind of thing just... doesn't usually work. That's a pretty nice way to beat the crap out of Cloud though that's for sure.

Yea to me stop was always this kinda fun spell to use on important lower enemies not for the big guns

On 10/9/2019 at 11:20 PM, Darkfire1408 said:

Why not both?

To put it simply too much MP consumption and you don't get that many MP bars on level 1 anyway. Plus, the Damage Storage strat usually just takes care of an enemy already.

On 10/14/2019 at 12:02 AM, LunaCatte said:

If it helps you can also use this against Dragon Maleficent too.