Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
KHWaterBlock

Square Enix's Osaka team is hiring for its next Kingdom Hearts project

Square Enix is getting ready to start development on its next work within the Kingdom Hearts franchise by listing jobs in the Osaka team for UI Designer, Effect Designer, and Technical Artist for the "HD Development of the Kingdom Hearts series."

Since Square Enix hasn't officially announced a new title, these job listings are towards the development of a future or unreleased project. All three of these jobs have a 6 month trial period, so these new hires could potentially be starting off working on a current project. It should be noted that they list specifically for Playstation 4 and Xbox One, as well as Unreal Engine 4, so it's suggested that's what the next project will be developed for.

UI Designer
-This is a job where you will create an HD easy-to-understand and user-friendly User Interface for the Kingdom Hearts series.
-Production and implementation of an optimal UI according to a plan. Proposal and rule creation of UI design with the sense of unity throughout the game's development.
-Best part of this job is the user-friendly UI is one of the most important parts of the Kingdom Hearts series, and your creation will be used by millions of passionate fans all around the world.
-Need Knowledge of developing for the Playstaion 4 and the Xbox One
-Multi-lingual (Japanese, English)

Effect Designer
-This job consists of creating HD effects for the Kingdom Hearts series.
-Effects are very important for the game's graphical quality. This job branches into animation, technical aspects of effects, color, design, etc.
-Main required skills are experience in creating effects for the Playstation 4 and Unreal Engine 4's cascade tool.

Technical Artist
-Shader development and workflow construction of the HD development of the Kingdom Hearts series.
-Need experience of development environment and building tools for the Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
-Visual proposals, effecient workflow, DCC tool script and shader creation.

Credit for the translations, thanks to @ryujiblades!
Thanks to Kingdom Hearts Union for the tip!

dwda.JPG

View full article

And now, the Reiwa Period era of Kingdom Hearts franchise has only begun!!!

16 minutes ago, Dracula X said:

A game for the 20th anniversary in three years? 

20 minutes ago, Hero of Light XIV said:

And so it begins... X3

Because the Heisei Period era of Kingdom Hearts franchise has finally come to an end......

Even though we don’t know much about the details of this hiring, this is still the best news I’ve heard all day! We will just have to wait and see, but I’m excited just hearing that they’re hiring for the future of the series! Here’s hoping for some more exciting news within the next few years!

I seriously hope this is not a remake or remaster... We've honestly had enough of those... time to keep moving forward and either finish explaining the origin stories of the remaining Org members that we've still no clue of their backgrounds (i.e. Luxord and Demyx) and/or keep going with KH4 please...

1 hour ago, blue490246 said:

I seriously hope this is not a remake or remaster... We've honestly had enough of those... time to keep moving forward and either finish explaining the origin stories of the remaining Org members that we've still no clue of their backgrounds (i.e. Luxord and Demyx) and/or keep going with KH4 please...

I wouldn't really mind a KH1.5, 2.5 and KHDDD remake with UE4 graphics, but I'm sure they're focusing on the game before KH4 now

18 hours ago, Dracula X said:

A game for the 20th anniversary in three years? 

God, I’ll be 26 years old by then. I always joked that this series would still be making games by the time I’m an old man, but it looks more and more like that’ll be a reality.

Could be a console version of Union X if it has to be a remake of anything. But I just think people are putting to much emphasis on the HD part and assuming its remake just because od that.

On 10/27/2019 at 10:49 PM, Kaweebo said:

God, I’ll be 26 years old by then. I always joked that this series would still be making games by the time I’m an old man, but it looks more and more like that’ll be a reality.

Lol ill be 30.  Been playing since high school. 

This is such terrific and exciting news! Thank you so much for updating us on this, KHWaterBlock!

Gahhh, the hype commences! I, for one, am very excited to see what the next Kingdom Hearts title will be! I think this may be that in between game Nomura mentioned in an interview. Or was it on the KHIII Ultimania? Anyways, he mentioned something along the lines of there being one more game before Kingdom Hearts IV. So perhaps this is the one? Cuz I believe that IV would come out as the series 20th Anniversary game, but that's just my thinking.

Anyways though, I'm super excited!