Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
ArinCLOUDTOP

Which Mechanic in Kingdom Hearts is Your Favorite?

Which Mechanic in Kingdom Hearts is Your Favorite?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mechanic in Kingdom Hearts is Your Favorite?

• Drive Forms
    • Shotlocks
    • Keyblade Transformations
    • Command Styles

Gotta go with Keyblade Transformations here. Not only are they awesome, but they make the gameplay WAY more fun! Don't get me wrong, I love all the mechanics listed, and they're all fun to use, but I absolutely loved the keyblade transformations. 

Got to go with Keyblade transformations. Not enough to break the game yet the variety makes it a versatile mechanic and doesn't require an equalizer like a drive meter or Anti Sora. You can choose when and if you want to activate it, and switch Keyblades to keep the transformation in reserve for when you need it. Visually amazing as well, like Crystal Snow's second form finisher and Wheel of Fate gives you extra range with your Keyblade swipes and jabs. Being able to summon watery Kraken tentacles is even better. The fact you don't need to level them up, eliminating grinding, the icing on the cake.

2 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

Gotta go with Keyblade Transformations here. Not only are they awesome, but they make the gameplay WAY more fun! Don't get me wrong, I love all the mechanics listed, and they're all fun to use, but I absolutely loved the keyblade transformations. 

The best thing about Keyblade transformations is that they're a lot more intuitive than the other mechanics. The other options have some degree of needing to work out or look up how to obtain or level up, such as how to get experience towards each Drive Form or how to obtain each Command Style. Transformations are easy to work out because the option to trigger them comes up on the screen and are simple. You can access one further level of transformation, which changes your shotlock and finisher. It's so open for experimentation.

definitely drive forms. idk they had a sense of mystery and "completeness" to them like you had a completly different VIBE playing Sora as wisdom or master or final. its probably cause Sora's outfit FULLY changes colours unlike KBTs and Sora's moveset is also more "completely" different. though the 2nd point is more a fault of stuff like flowmotion attacks reverting him to base which imo remove the fullness of the forms. 
        Jbmasta's comment helps in illuminating further why KBTs don't feel as "full" and it has to do with each having their own loop and having their own experience and leveling system. 
         the completeness also imo comes from the fact each color is unique(though this also is probably a fault of colors not being as vivid). there's probably also an aspect of KBT's focusing more on weapons than Sora himself

as for gameplay Drives are more deeper, i think it's pretty evident when you can play the whole game with 3/4 of the forms(emulator hack), they have their own loop, exp etc. each drive forms magic is also unique not just when compared to other forms but also to other spells within the same form.

KBTs defaulting to the same cast within a form is kinna lame, though thats just in vacuum comparison, kh3 also has keyblade switching so having the same cast isnt that big a deal since you could just switch keyblades to one with another cast.
           kh2 had to go all out in each forms gameplay depth because you couldn't switch keybles, kh3's potential depth comes from the fact you can have 3 forms at your disposal even if each forms depth (invacuum) is less than a drive forms.

my biggest problem with KBTs was that there were copied transformations(and most played way too similarly, need more guns and shield level gameplay shifts). they could have just made it so starlight gives guns and Hunny gives launcher or something and it'd feel immensely less lamer. or could have kept some forms with the keyblade and incorporated command styles like wingblade or bladecharge(now that i think about it a form with a super long sword ala Sephi would be cool)

tldr in vacuum drives are better, but KTBs have more potential due to other kh3 mechanics.

Edited by Byakuyaji
adding tldr

8 hours ago, Sentient Potato said:

Keyblade Transformations give me a reason to use other keyblades whereas in past games, I'd only use the strongest one. 

Not to mention the Keyblade Forge function of the Moogle Shops, which further makes Keyblades more viable no matter what point in the game you obtain them. Favorite Deputy is excellent for farming synthesis material for example and it's obtained in the third world.

I love all the mechanics, as they offer different styles of battle, but Drive Forms are pretty much my favorite! The fact that each one catered to either offense or defense really made each Form you'd acquire feel different and give you a sense of wonder at unlocking more power!

Keyblade Transformations would have to come in second, as they are a perfect mix of Drive Forms and Command Styles! :D