Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
OrpheusJoshua

[UPDATE] Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind State of Play Trailer released; DLC releasing January 23rd on PlayStation 4 and February 25th for Xbox One, preorders for $29.99 and $39.99 (with concert video)

Today, at Sony's final State of Play episode for the year, the Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind trailer (which was leaked late last week) has been officially unveiled! You can watch it below.

You can watch the livestream below.

We previously covered the trailer here when it was leaked.

Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind DLC is releasing on the Playstation 4 on January 23rd and on Xbox One on February 25th. You can purchase the Re Mind DLC for either $29.99 or the Re Mind + Concert Video $39.99 with additional content. Pre-ordering will be available on the Playstation store soon, and is already available on the Xbox store!

Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind DLC ($29.99)

• Additional story: Re Mind
  • Limitcut episode and 13 boss battles
  • Secret episode and boss battle
  • Data greeting feature
  • Slideshow feature
  • Premium menu (diverse difficulty settings and gameplay challenges) 

Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind + Concert Video ($39.99)

• All of the prior inclusions in the $29.99 package
  • Concert Video (footage of 19 tracks from the Kingdom Hearts - World of Tres - Orchestra concert in Osaka, Japan)

Version 1.07 (FREE DLC)

• Main story update
  • New abilities added
  • Keyblades Oathkeeper and Oblivion + new formchanges added
  • (In game requirements in Kingdom Hearts III to acquire Keyblades)
  • Sharing features expanded

This trailer shows an incredible variety of new content, such as:

• The inclusion of Final Fantasy characters, including Squall/Leon, Yuffie, and Aerith
  • Explorable Scala Ad Caelum
  • Playable Kairi
  • A battle sequence where the Guardians of Light clash with the Xehanort vessels. The three available commands are Attack, Aerial Dodge and Reflega
  • Several new boss battles are shown, including more Organization XIII battles, as well as a battle against what seems to be a recolored version of Dark Inferno
  • New story sequences, including:
    • Riku traveling to Radiant Garden to find Sora
    • Sora and Aqua standing against several clones/visions(?) of Dark Aqua, implied by Sora to be the embodiment of Aqua's despair
    • Demyx appearing before Riku in the Keyblade Graveyard
    • Sora unlocking Riku's Dive to the Heart
    • Sora and Kairi together in the Final World
    • Sora meeting Yozora in a night-time scene in the Final World.

99.thumb.jpg.cb0d21d2b835d6cce9d22c91ee0b51aa.jpg

UPDATE: The Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind DLC is now available for pre-order on the PSN store! There are links to both the PSN and Xbox One store pages from the Square Enix website. You also get a voucher for a special Re Mind theme for pre-ordering on PSN!

KINGDOM HEARTS III Re:Mind 

UPDATE: Square Enix have posted new renders of Cid, Aerith, Yuffie, Leon and Sora on their press site! You can view them in our gallery!

Screenshots from the trailer are also available. You can view them in our gallery as well! (thanks to KH13 News Team member KHWaterBlock for the screenshots!)

UPDATE: The Japanese version of the trailer has released! You can watch it below:

View full article

Ouch on the pricing - DLC shouldn’t be more than 20 £/$ plus another 10 for the concert tracks. There does appear to be a lot of content but that’s priced at more than half of a brand new game.

41 minutes ago, Jonbob said:

Ouch on the pricing - DLC shouldn’t be more than 20 £/$ plus another 10 for the concert tracks. There does appear to be a lot of content but that’s priced at more than half of a brand new game.

That's because it's more like an old school expansion than a modern DLC episode. And that was pretty much how expansions were priced.

52 minutes ago, Jonbob said:

To be fair that's a pretty normal price for season passes and or the price of separate dlc bundled together for a lot of games. For Spider-Man it has 3 DLC separately listed for 10 dollars, while you can discount 5 dollars if you get the season pass, Dark Souls 3 has 2 dlc both listed for 15 dollars each, Witcher 3 DLC was also around the same price etc. So basically since Re:mind is 3 dlc pacts put together as a huge expansion with the remind scenario, limit cut episode and the secret episode its basically 10 dollars for each one of those 3 plus with the bonus of the new photo mode and difficulty customization.  

Edited by Narutox212

3 hours ago, kristi-swat said:

I'm confused about "main story update"

Re:Mind is a separate scenario from the main story (seemingly an epilogue). Main story update probably means that they'll also be adding a few elements (cutscenes perhaps) to the main game as well. Notice that this is under the Free DLC section, so everyone will get access to this update even if they don't buy Re:Mind.

2 hours ago, Narutox212 said:

To be fair that's a pretty normal price for season passes and or the price of separate dlc bundled together for a lot of games. For Spider-Man it has 3 DLC separately listed for 10 dollars, while you can discount 5 dollars if you get the season pass, Dark Souls 3 has 2 dlc both listed for 15 dollars each, Witcher 3 DLC was also around the same price etc. So basically since Re:mind is 3 dlc pacts put together as a huge expansion with the remind scenario, limit cut episode and the secret episode its basically 10 dollars for each one of those 3 plus with the bonus of the new photo mode and difficulty customization.  

Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited and I’ll be preordering but some of this is fluff that should be free. If the episodes are each like 0.2 in length then that will be amazing :) I just hope that’s the case!

Those renders look BEAUTIFUL! Although, considering how we got to see a render of Cid without him appearing in the trailer itself, and we don't seem to have any Cloud or Sephiroth renders at all, this is looking to confirm my suspicions that we aren't going to see them in this DLC/Update at all either. Otherwise they would have been included with the renders.

I mean I get the logic everyone has that "well since FFVII Remake is coming out soon, there's no way they'd pass up the opportunity to promote it like they did with Advent Children in KH2," and I'd be lying if I said that I didn't suspect that prior to this trailer as well. But let's be honest, seeing as how we don't know to what extent these characters are going to be present in this story (and with the way things are set up already, it feels like they're really only going to be present in the whole "Riku's searching for Sora" storyline), there's a pretty good chance that they wouldn't be around long enough to justify bringing Cloud and Sephiroth's whole mini-arc into the mix.

I mean, I really want to see a conclusion to that too, and I thought KH3 would have been the perfect fit for it but early on Nomura clearly made the main plot more of a priority and I can understand that. At the very least we might get to see the conclusion of Leon/Squall's main arc of seeing Radiant Garden be restored and start using his real name again. Cloud's conflict with Sephiroth could always be followed up on more properly in a future installment of KH, and considering how FFVII Remake is going to be a multi-game epic, it's not like they'll ever run out of opportunities to promote it through KH. Assuming that we should expect a new Remake installment every 2-3 years, there's at least a whole decade of opportunity for KH to act as promotion for VII Remake, even if all we get is like 2 KH games minimum.

But, who knows? There's always the off chance that they'll reveal a release day trailer that teases Cloud in it or something, so I could be wrong. But again, logistically speaking, I think that train has already left the station.

I always thought that Cloud's story was wrapped up in Kingdom Hearts II.  I always thought it was implied that Cloud eventually defeated Sephiroth.  After all, Sora did say that Cloud went somewhere else to defeat the darkness inside him.  In my opinion, the only thing that they could possibly do is show Tifa find Cloud again, but I don't think that's necessary.

12 hours ago, Dagesh Lene said:

I always thought that Cloud's story was wrapped up in Kingdom Hearts II.  I always thought it was implied that Cloud eventually defeated Sephiroth.  After all, Sora did say that Cloud went somewhere else to defeat the darkness inside him.  In my opinion, the only thing that they could possibly do is show Tifa find Cloud again, but I don't think that's necessary.

I hope we get to explore more of the Cavern of Remembrance and the laboratory of Radiant Gardens.  The thirty to forty dollars better be worth it.