Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Hey guys! I have been thinking lately about one error that square did at the base of kh3's structure. Which is listening to the fans,at least for this occasion.
How many people talked about how kh1 is the best kh story wise because of it's linear structure?  well that's basically what came to nomura's ear during the first phases of kh3, but that was the biggest mistake of the whole development for me. It is obvious that kh3's tries real hard to follow kh1's structure. An hub type of world which it really does not work like that anyway (Twilight town)---> lots of disney worlds----> endgame. but that worked with kh1 because it had like 4 original characters, kh3 has like almost 30 of them! It's great that square listen to the fans but just for gameplay. A kh2 type of structure could've done a lot better and not because "KH2 IS THE BEST HAHA" but because there were already more characters and story events that could've been handled only in some midgame events. thats for me is the root if kh3's structure problem

1 hour ago, Miki “UnderGamer10” V said:

Hey guys! I have been thinking lately about one error that square did at the base of kh3's structure. Which is listening to the fans,at least for this occasion.
How many people talked about how kh1 is the best kh story wise because of it's linear structure?  well that's basically what came to nomura's ear during the first phases of kh3, but that was the biggest mistake of the whole development for me. It is obvious that kh3's tries real hard to follow kh1's structure. An hub type of world which it really does not work like that anyway (Twilight town)---> lots of disney worlds----> endgame. but that worked with kh1 because it had like 4 original characters, kh3 has like almost 30 of them! It's great that square listen to the fans but just for gameplay. A kh2 type of structure could've done a lot better and not because "KH2 IS THE BEST HAHA" but because there were already more characters and story events that could've been handled only in some midgame events. thats for me is the root if kh3's structure problem

Nomura had a lot of good ideas but a lot of them seemed kind of rushed.  Perhaps working with too much is too much for him.

you know it actually makes sense now how you think kh3 followed the structure of kh1 too closely, I can agree in some ways, but I think it's because they wanted to try and introduce new players into the series since most people may not have played all the others games, I've met a few people like that, even though all the games are on ps4 now anyway, soon xbox one as well. but really when you think about it, it honestly makes kh2 the odd game out in terms of story structure. you get what I'm saying?

I never liked revisiting the worlds in KH2.  To me what was lacking was original world content.  We should have had a tutorial level in Scala as Young Xehanort or Eraqus before we start as Sora.  A longer segment mid-game in Twilight Town.  We should have had to actually fight our way through heartless to get to Aqua in the realm of Darkness.  Last but not least, Scala ad Caelum should have been more akin to TWTNW or End of the World.  It was the lack of basic mob type enemies in the end-game that bothered me a lot

9 hours ago, JPansullo7 said:

I never liked revisiting the worlds in KH2.  To me what was lacking was original world content.  We should have had a tutorial level in Scala as Young Xehanort or Eraqus before we start as Sora.  A longer segment mid-game in Twilight Town.  We should have had to actually fight our way through heartless to get to Aqua in the realm of Darkness.  Last but not least, Scala ad Caelum should have been more akin to TWTNW or End of the World.  It was the lack of basic mob type enemies in the end-game that bothered me a lot

I really have to agree with you. radiant garden/hollow bastion should've been a playable world and, yeah Scala ad caelum should've been the big endgame world. similar to how hollow bastion was basically the second to last world in kh1, then end of the world was really something else! what a way to end that game! world that never was was just awesome too! but prefer the music for that world in ddd more.