Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Despite not being officially released until the 24th, my copy still arrived in time to be given to me for Christmas! I'm only on Chapter 3 so far so there are no spoilers in this article but I thought I'd just share some photos and info that I've obtained so far for anyone interested in knowing what the book is like.

As has already been indicated in the book's blurb, the book is narrated by Chirithy who tells the story of the Player character in Union Cross from a second person perspective, in other words he refers to the Player as "You". One interesting thing to note is that in the book the player belongs to the Anguis union whilst Ephemer is from Unicornis (my own character is in Vulpes with Ephemer being from Leopardus). My guess as to why Anguis was chosen is because Invi doesn't really appear much in the story compared to the other Foretellers unless you're from her union.

The story starts off with Chirithy talking about how he came into being, combining his narrative from the game with the scene in Backstory when the Master of Masters introduces him to the Foretellers. Here though we get to learn what he was thinking whilst inside that test tube thing for the first time. 

Chirithy then goes on to describe how the Player got their Keyblade and went on their first mission to Dwarf Woodlands, following which he then describes how the Player met Mickey, Donald and Goofy. In between Chirithy's narratives of the Player's various missions and encounters, more scenes from Backstory are also included like when the Master gives his apprentices their roles. Thus the book is a combination of Union Cross and Backstory.

That's as far as I've got so far. There are a couple of interesting little details in the book that I haven't mentioned here and I'm hoping there will be more as the book goes on which may reveal things previously unknown or give clarification to story details that have been glossed over. I'll let you discover those on your own though.

Hope you all have a great Christmas as we look forward to the KH3 DLC and may your heart be your guiding key!

IMG_20191226_122349610.jpg

IMG_20191226_122411197.jpg

IMG_20191226_122517820.jpg

IMG_20191226_122701511.jpg

17 hours ago, The Transcendent Key said:

Thanks for giving us a special peek at this novel! My question though is, since Union X has not ended, does this mean the story only goes so far as the Keyblade War in X?

I haven't read the end yet but I believe so based on how far into the story I already am.

On 12/27/2019 at 5:03 AM, Brendan Spain said:

the last photo of ephimerer fighting the invisible is really interesting I think. I'm still wondering if there's a connection between him and the dark inferno which is a secret boss in kh3. especially with the most recent remind trailer we got too.

From what I can read in the text beside the illustration, it's when Ephemer first meets the Player where the Player helps him defeat an Invisible.