Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

If any of you are even slightly tuned in to Sonic news (and I know there's a decent amount on this site) you'll probably have seen those audio files of Eizo Sakamoto singing a slightly different version of Open your Heart than what most of us may be used to. I'm not gonna go too in depth to that because I'm not a sound engineer first off and second a ton of better qualified people than me have already done so.
What I am gonna do however, is collate some "evidence" that I don't think leads to an SA1 remake, but I do think that all of these coincidences are a bit too much to dismiss altogether. I guess I had a clickbaity title xD

We've had that chao in space animation, which is strongly linked to the adventure series, there's been a station square theme remix, also Tee Lopes' Knuckles theme remix had a bit of Unknown by M.E sprinkled into it (this one is something that I think is safe to dismiss, but i felt it ought to be included anyway). There's also been various references to Sonic Adventure type things on thessocial media like Tikal for example.

What do you think this is gearing up to? Or am I looking into it too much?

I don't think so but it really should be. I really don't think the game has aged all that well and it was a product of its time and it's circumstances. Going back to it now it does seem like it was rushed out for the dreamcast launch at like 85% ready. A little bit more polish and editing and it could have been a classic. As it is I just think it was impressive at the time and that's about it really. 

Imagine a revamped chao garden with Animal Crossing or Minecraft inspiration. Oh I would lose so many hours! 

I would love a remake so that they get a chance to make it the game it was envisioned to be. 

5 hours ago, FlipMode said:

I don't think so but it really should be. I really don't think the game has aged all that well and it was a product of its time and it's circumstances. Going back to it now it does seem like it was rushed out for the dreamcast launch at like 85% ready. A little bit more polish and editing and it could have been a classic. As it is I just think it was impressive at the time and that's about it really. 

Imagine a revamped chao garden with Animal Crossing or Minecraft inspiration. Oh I would lose so many hours! 

I would love a remake so that they get a chance to make it the game it was envisioned to be. 

Maybe it's because I have a higher tolerance, I really don't mind the buggy camera and multiple glitches in SA1. To me it still has some of the best level design in the series and really encapsulated that feeling of the mega drive games where you could go off course and find a cool item, but in an "open world" (it's not really open world) setting. I guess I still see it as impressive especially considering it came out in 99. Its just a shame that the DX version was worse than the OG :/

I would honestly love a remake too, but I love SA1 way too much that if they get the whole feeling of the game even a bit wrong I'll be pretty upset. Like, I don't particularly think Roger Craig Smith can voice those lines like Ryan Drummond could