Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
OrpheusJoshua

New Kingdom Hearts Mobile App Announced for iOS and Android known as Project Xehanort to launch in Spring 2020; Guess the Name Campaign promotion taking place and more details to come mid-February

A new Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross] announcement has gone live concerning a new project simply dubbed 'Project Xehanort'. This announcement was teased earlier today. Very little is known about this project except for that it concerns Kingdom Hearts Union χ[cross] in some way.

1.thumb.jpg.9991a049b02fa22b23fad13ad4329b8f.jpg

There is currently a 'Guess the Name Campaign' taking place where if you can manage to guess the name for this mysterious project, you win a $100 Amazon gift card! Details for this campaign will be on the site here which also confirm its platform accessibility on iOS and Android. Additionally, this project has its own Twitter page as well.

According to the game notice, more details are to come in mid-February with there being benefits to linking your Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross] account.

The deadline for this campaign is January 28th, 2020 10 PM.

As a hint given by the English Twitter account, this game's title has 8 letters and 2 words.

What are your thoughts on Project Xehanort which has seemingly come out of nowhere and do you have any guesses for what its true name will be? Discuss and let us know in the comments below!

View full article

oh man, why did Xehanort's story have to be as a mobile game (that's mostly gonna have overpriced "micro"transactions)? 

here I am hoping the X series will eventually get a actual game that covers everything from the saga, I now I'm gonna have to hope the same with this. (I do play Union X, but begrudgingly, I like the story fine, but the gameplay is just a mess).

maybe this will be part of X, like the next part of the saga (X, Unchained X, Union X, No Heart X/Another X?).

I won't lie, a part of me is excited, but it's just for the lore. Otherwise I'm kinda bummed out about it.

I love how everyone is already complaining and being disappointed while they don’t even know how long and how this game is gonna look like. “Another mobile game?” Yeah ok but u do know that u aren’t obligated to play it right? It’s just about how Xehanort became a seeker of darkness, u can also watch playthrough on youtube if u don’t wanna play it yourself. That’s what I’m doing with union x. There must be a good reason as of why they choose for a mobile game. It’s probably bc it’s a too long story to add in KH3 but also short enough for a mobile game. 

u guys should learn to see the actual game first when it releases before already complaining and being disappointed like little children. Again, if u don’t like it don’t play it. Just watch it on youtube if u wanna still know the story. Don’t make a big deal out of something so small.

22 minutes ago, Saxen said:

u guys should learn to see the actual game first when it releases before already complaining and being disappointed like little children. Again, if u don’t like it don’t play it. Just watch it on youtube if u wanna still know the story. Don’t make a big deal out of something so small.

No one is behaving like a child for paying attention to industry trends and coming to educated conclusions. Mobile games are inherently small and restricted in game design. There's a reason they rely on micro-transactions and push randomized collectible items so hard. People are well within their rights to be disappointed at the announcement of another Kingdom Hearts phone game. If it looks impressive after a game play trailer people will reevaluate. Until then count me among the disappointed but interested to see more.

2 hours ago, Saxen said:

I love how everyone is already complaining and being disappointed while they don’t even know how long and how this game is gonna look like. “Another mobile game?” Yeah ok but u do know that u aren’t obligated to play it right? It’s just about how Xehanort became a seeker of darkness, u can also watch playthrough on youtube if u don’t wanna play it yourself. That’s what I’m doing with union x. There must be a good reason as of why they choose for a mobile game. It’s probably bc it’s a too long story to add in KH3 but also short enough for a mobile game. 

Because Union X at its core is a cash grab. And like 99% of all mobile games this is being made with microtransactions in mind. 
Not to mention a mobile game will automatically always be inferior to a console game of the same generation simply due the limitations. I mean union x might be fun and all but visually it looks pretty shitty.

mobile games are NEVER the right thing to do. It’s a stupid trend big companies seem to do more and more because it makes money.

Edited by kurasa25

(*Facepalm*) Seriosly, people? How can you not see it? It's quite easy! 2 words, 8 letters, apparently each word has 4 letters, and in Japanese, 2 words and 6 kanjis (3 for each word). And this new game tells us the story of Xehanort's origins. It's obvious the answer:  

"DARK PATH" ("Daruko ....." pronounced in Japanese).   

I'm particularly more interested about the identity of those blurred individuals in the artwork with young Eraqus and young Xehanort. 

Edited by Ursalink

2 hours ago, Ursalink said:

(*Facepalm*) Seriosly, people? How can you not see it? It's quite easy! 2 words, 8 letters, apparently each word has 4 letters, and in Japanese, 2 words and 6 kanjis (3 for each word). And this new game tells us the story of Xehanort's origins. It's obvious the answer:  

I'm particularly more interested about the identity of those blurred individuals in the artwork with young Eraqus and young Xehanort. 

I have to...kind of object here lol. First that the game uses 6 letters of the katakana alphabet, which is an alphabet for non-Japanese words. And even though DARK caaan be a possibility, PATH can't be because said word sounds really unnatural in Japanese haha. XD

The blurred individuals are said to be Ven, Blaine, Ephemer, etc. 

Though if it's something like DARK CROSS or something, that's...not creative at all. lol

On 1/22/2020 at 11:15 PM, Saxen said:

Thank you for telling people off who complain about Kingdom Hearts having mobile games because I am also getting sick and tired of people complaining about it all the time. I think it's a great idea to have a couple of Kingdom Hearts games on mobile because it's more accessible to people because not a whole lot of people have a PS4.   

On 1/24/2020 at 12:46 AM, Ursalink said:

"Dark Road". 

HA!! I was right!! Well, actually, my version was "Dark Path", but I almost hit the jackpot. A four letters word to describe "a life journey through darkness".