Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Connected

Whats your (Spoiler-free) Opinion about ReMind?

I have been stranded away from Kingdom Hearts after I finished  KH3. I've not been caught up with Anything KH-related except for watching the trailers and I've been stranded away from gaming at all. Have two games laying around that i havent even finished yet.

Although Kingdom Hearts was always a big part of and for me. I'm wondering if the DLC is worth the money to jump back in. Do you have to replay the game to fully appreciate the ReMind DLC? How does it work, to play the new content?

Also, is radiant Garden playable now or only cutscenes of it? 

I was wondering the same thing tbh. It doesn't help I was kinda dissatisfied with the story and pacing of KH3, I loved most of the disney worlds and gameplay even though it was on the easier side. I feel like this is a 30 euro fix to a 60 euro game and I'm just kind of wondering how much playtime I'm getting. I would like my moneys worth. ?‍♂️

There's a new added section in the main menu you access Re:Mind from, so you don't have to replay KH3 unless you want the Oblivion keyblade which requires a critical playthrough to get.

The battles don't disappoint; in fact, they're the best part! I recommend buying it and having fun rather than watching the cutscenes on YouTube. It was sooo worth it, it was too epic. Radiant Garden is't playable fully (I'm not done yet though so it might be later) and FF characters were very limited sadly.

The photo mode takes the cake for best photo mode in a video game ever, the ideas (and meme potential) is limitless!!!

Definitely worth it. The story update was the worst part but it wasn't all bad, in fact some of it was really good. The DLC turned out almost perfectly and it's worth the time and money to any true Kingdom Hearts fan!

Photo mode alone is worth it, I dabbled in it for half an hour and it was too much fun!

KINGDOM HEARTS Ⅲ_20200123172239.jpg

I'm a bit disappointed. In my opinion most of the story updates within Re:Mind should have been implemented to the base game and not be exclusive to a separate scenario. This is the same awful and disjointed way of telling a story as with FFXV's season pass.

The expanded Scala is not an expansion. It's one new room you can only visit during Re:Mind.

The fights towards the end of the Re:Mind scenario are pretty cool.

The data rematches are absolutely amazing but why have them only accessible through the title screen and not within the base game as with KH2FM?

Edit: As for Radiant Garden, only Merlin's house is playable.

Edited by JTD95

Thanks all for replying!

I was watching 10 minutes of cutscene's and it just didnt feel right. I stopped and bought the DLC. 

Do I regret it? No
Was it worth the money? No. 

I didn’t buy it yet but I just finished watching my sister play it.

It was... alright? Like I enjoyed most of the new stuff we got, but I just wish the scenes were added into the base game rather than this new episode. The way they implemented them was kinda awkward.

And I just feel like re:Mind just didn’t add that much storywise in the end? Nice moments, but nothing that deep. But that could be the case of me just expecting too much.

Limitcut does seem pretty fun, though. I’m just not sure if it’s worth 30 euros, honestly. Wish there was a way to purchase it separately.

To sum it up, re:Mind is fine. But I wish it was cheaper.

While I can't comment on the cutscenes and story as I didn't have time to watch them, I can comment on the gameplay, in regards to the cutscenes, I agree with the majority that this stuff and the plot points should of been in the base game from the get go, I will be referring to the trailers a fair bit

As for the gameplay, while I did enjoy it, it felt a bit bare bones in almost all areas and most of it was just a re-hash of the end of KH3, which is fine, it's to be expected, but when it comes to what was advertised in the trailers, everything is there, but with the exception of the re-mind final boss, everything feels done with minimal effort, yes, the other gaurdians are playable as advertised, but only for one boss each and even then, some opportunities where you think you would get to play as a different gaurdian, you either can't choose them or are just locked into Sora and one of the battles is just a glorified quicktime event with no real stratagy or gameplay to it, 

A similar case applies to the explorable Scala ad-calium that was advertised, yes, it's there, but still feels very bare-bones and under-utilized with a good deal of potental wasted. Not bad, but could of been much better, as someone said, it's one room. 

The final boss of Re:mind is the only thing that actually felt like care was put into it, it was fun and unique

The limit cut data bosses are... Ok? I may just suck at the game but some of them seem hastily thrown together as the just spam unblockable attacks and seem to only stagger when they feel like it, I am trying to learn their Patten's, but it does seem like pure Chaos in some of  the data fights, as as mentioned, only Merlin's house is playable of radiant garden 

And without spoiling it, the ending just seems to add another uneeded Level of complexity to the overall KH storyline while hardly answering any of questions opened up by KHUx. 

Overall, very lackluster, with one shining moment and I do think that if people were not busy making Memes with the data greetings feature or speculating the mysteries raised by this DLC, it would get a lot more hate

Edited by Hyperfairy777

Considering what happens in the Secret Episode, I think Sora has a reason to return to Toy Story's world in the future. He will surely want to investigate more about the character he just met. 

For passionate fans like us, I'd say it's awesome. For casual fans, probably not worth it.

The new abilities are amazing and it makes combat way more fun and smoother. The option is play as the other characters is great, though I mostly stuck with Sora due to all the options you have. The new cutscenes (Limit Cut and Secret Episode included) add to an already climactic ending. The data battles are a blast and prove to be a real challenge.

My only real gripe and it's minor, because I know more games are coming and soon, is that we ended up with more questions than answers. That's KH in a nutshell, but there were still some character arcs, mainly the supporting characters, that seemed incomplete.

Overall, I really loved and enjoyed it. After not playing KH3 for a hot minute, it was nice to play again. My love for this series will never cease. With that being said, bring on the next saga!

Edited by nocturne

Most of the Re:mind scenario should have just been added to the base game. Similar to the way KH2FM added cutscenes and the Roxas fight.  I haven't reached the Secret Episode yet, but from what i have seen, it's just a gauntlet for the secret boss.  That being said, the secret boss looks amazing and the cutscenes that accompany it look very interesting (i haven't watched them entirely but i skimmed through them on youtube to get to the fight)

I only have critical save files so unfortunately i have no choice but to defeat all of the data battles on crit in order to ge to the secret boss.  I've defeated 7 of 13 so far and man are they tough, but really fun and well designed.  I'd argue that they are better than the KH2 data fights, it's just that i feel the gameplay mechanics still aren't quite up to par with KH2 as far as balance and fairness.  I had to use a kupo coin on almost every fight so far but maybe that's cause i suck?

Edited by JPansullo7