Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KH13

Kingdom Hearts Dark Road Chat

Why doesn't it seem likely? They shut down the KHUX servers essentially just leaving the shell for people to still be able to keep up with the story until there's another way to do it.

Why doesn't it seem likely? They shut down the KHUX servers essentially just leaving the shell for people to still be able to keep up with the story until there's another way to do it.

It's easy to say that it's already available to us, because we're hardcore fans. Most casual gamers have no clue that UX is a thing.

And they will have even less of a clue now that it's basically discontinued on mobile.

No no no, that's not what I meant

They're going to finish Dark Road on mobile. But I think it's likely we'll get an announcement for a remake around the same time.

Yes

Just like with Re:CoM

Same

Also, keep in mind that it doesn't have to be a full 18-hour experience. If you strip most of the Disney padding and all the running back and forth between repetitive objectives. I'm sure you can press it all into two 3 - 4 hour games. Or maybe even less. Kinda 0.2 style.

UX, then Dark Road

I'm not as sure that's how they'll do it. But I'm not ruling it out.

Also, as soon as Dark Road ends, there will be no more updates to the KHUX mobile game at all. The app will just be left as an offline version and fade into obscurity. And I doubt they're going to spend time and resources maintaining the app to work with future versions of iOS and Android when they can no longer monetize it.

That's also possible.

Also, keep in mind that it doesn't have to be a full 18-hour experience. If you strip most of the Disney padding and all the running back and forth between repetitive objectives. I'm sure you can press it all into two 3 - 4 hour games. Or maybe even less. Kinda 0.2 style.

That is, assuming they don't just go the cutscene route

Well... They could either incorporate the events from that into a new game, at least the ones that overlap with the game's plot like the Ephemer and Ava conversation.

Or...

They could leave it as is because it's sort of irrelevant to most the mobile game's plot

It's more like a behind-the-scenes thing

Hence why it's named Back cover

"Whatever happened between the Foretellers while all the kids were out playing with Disney characters?

You need not worry, for here's an hour long cutscene to sort of explain it!"

We're already way past people being confused at the structure of the KH games

Better just roll with it at this point

With an mmo game you'll eventually just run into the same issue with the fact that it can't stay online forever

It doesn't matter which platform it's on.

Or... it matters, but...

But some of the problems would carry over

Eh, for most of its lifespan it was still just single player game with gacha mechanics

Only for a brief period before it shut down did they add some form for actual multiplayer feature.

I think you're overestimating how many cared for that part of KHUX

Yea, I don't think it'll just be cutscenes

It's still so new and still on the same platform

I'm not sure I follow. Wasn't that exactly what Limen suggested? Minus MoM being just cutscenes.

That's probably a contributing factor as well yea

BBS had a very different style of gameplay from previous games and introduced the command deck. And was sort of a hybrid between live combat and turn-based. And it was on a Playstation handheld, so probably easy to port.

CoM had a truly unique gameplay mechanic, which was worth porting over (even if I myself don't particularly like it)

DDD was BBS gameplay on steroids.

That's probably a contributing factor as well yea

One weak spot with BBS was having to play through all three stories because they each contained important story bits, but neither were unique enough that it didn't feel like you were just repeating the story three times with some slight differences.

A better approach would be if they all had completely different stories, including different worlds for each character but led to the same climax at the Keyblade Graveyard.

Instead, you visited the same worlds with slightly different stories with some overlaps and out of context telltales of the other two characters. Making the entire thing feel very repetitive in nature.

My guess is that the key details of the UX story will be related during Mickey's visit to Scala ad Caelum which was teased at the very end of Melody of Memory (whatever form that takes), maybe through some record Ephemer had left. That's just a hunch though.

Edited by Cloaked schemer