Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KH13

Kingdom Hearts Dark Road Chat

Part of me agrees that yeah….. dead people need to stay dead and Xehanort’s story should be done with at this point since we’re gonna have MoM and the furrytellers to deal with.
The other part of me is just here for whatever badly written, chaotic mess Nomura has in store for us. laughsinnomura

mega obvious but i guess Sora, but it's probably more a kind of person and not just one in particular, like xehanort was a failed one, maybe those that alter fate directly

I meaannnn they said it was Xehanort, so imma go with that. laughsinnomura
In all honestly though, looking back at what he’s done, Sora seems to fit the description better.

Player mistakenly thought it was Xehanort. The MoM realized his own mistake about suspecting Xehanort was the child of prophecy as well once he realized the text didn't line up. I guess they just had to wait a bit longer for Sora to be born.

Seems like we have a lot of Chosen ones but it's entirely up to the person in question if they are capable of bearing the weight of it. Xehanort, Baldr, Sora, Riku, Kairi, Ven ect. Each one was 'Chosen' by different sources too. People like MoM and Player saw/picked Xehanort. Terra picked Riku. The Darkness picked Ven, The Light picked Kairi. Sora was picked by the Keyblade itself. KH has an interesting dynamic on Destiny and autonomy.

Yeah exactly. I like that approach to Kingdom Hearts' storytelling. It's just like Xehanort said; "Destiny is never left to chance." I like the idea that, being "the chosen one" or "hero" isn't something you're just given, it's something you earn naturally.

Just reinforces why I love Sora do much lol

That's true. Sora's story is his hero journey. I think Sora being the 'chosen one' works so well for me because it reminds me of Luke Skywalker's journey when he chose to become a Jedi. It was technically a destiny picked for him by Obi Wan and Yoda. But Luke made the choice himself and every choice he made to continue the journey of bearing that weight got harder and harder for him. Luke had to earn his status and even than it nearly turned him to the dark side and/or killed him. But did what no one else was willing to do, do what he knew was right over what he wanted and believe in the good that was still in his Father. Sora reminds me of Luke's hero journey in that he wasn't the Chosen one everyone thought. But that didn't matter because Sora fought tooth and nail and suffered a lot, but he always stuck to his guns and proved to everyone why he was the one standing there at the end to make things right. Sora was unqualified in every way possible for the role of the Keyblade hero. But darn it he earned his place as being THE example of what a keblade hero should be.

It really strikes me how at the end of KH2 before Kairi's letter rescued them, Sora kind of alluded to everything he had been through when commenting on the darkness getting to him. It's like the rare times Sora will allow himself to admit how he's not as innocent or carefree as he used to be, and everything has worn him down a little on the inside. But the guy still pushes on and can find joy in good things and accept his trials as being a part of who he is. Dang it, if I wasn't so focused on Zelda right now I'd replay KH3.

When are we going to get more Kh news? DX