Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
OrpheusJoshua

New Kingdom Hearts All-in-One Package coming to PS4 in North America on March 17th; features both the Story so Far and Kingdom Hearts III

The official Kingdom Hearts Twitter announced today that a brand new physical Kingdom Hearts collection will become available in North America on March 17th of this year! This collection features both Kingdom Hearts The Story so Far and Kingdom Hearts III for $49.99! The Re Mind DLC is not included in this bundle.

445395071_KH_All_in_One_Package(1).thumb.jpg.aad293abbca78859271e726b9ced4bc8.jpg

You can currently pre-order this collection on Gamestop! Will you be picking up this bargain of a collection? Let us know in the comments below!

View full article

I honestly think this release is marketing at its rawest, dullest and most shameless... Can they get anymore "creative"...? It's completely unnecessary, especially at this point when Re Mind is still fresh in everyone's minds - the release date for this is not even 2 months after Re Mind's release ... Who is this bundle even targeting?? And why in March? Almost like SE's way of filling in what would've been FF7R craze for a mere few weeks (since it's now being released in April) just to compete with ... Animal Crossing? P5R? lol... Why not save this all-in-one release until the full release announcement of the PS5 and just put out a PS5 version with some extra enhancements? They'd probably also capture some of the crowd that already owns all the games on PS4 again.

Right now, aside from the fancy cover slip (even though it's just old art again), there is literally no reason for people who own the games on PS4 to double dip (or triple / quadruple dip for that matter). And yeah, can't believe they couldn't bother to even include the DLC in this all-in-one package. They should've actually released this at the same time as KH3's release for a physical edition like they did in Japan.

If they're capturing newcomers to the series, they also missed the mark. They should've released this at the exact same time as Re Mind's release to maximize sales. What better time to join the series than when they're given new content as a reason to catch up? Newcomers would've found it daunting too to have to get multiple games all over the place just to play the DLC - you can't even play the DLC without having the KH3 base game...

I am hoping though they decide to release at least 1.5 and 2.5 for the Switch, with actually playable 358/2 Days and Recoded (since those came out on the Nintendo DS). With rumours of a higher powered Switch coming in the future (maybe next year), I hope that'll make it possible to port 2.8 and 3 to the Switch as well.

Edited by blue490246

It would have been better to package Re:mind in with Kingdom Hearts 3 here. While the artwork is nice I'm not going for this since I've got 1.5+2.5, 2.8 and 3 (with Re:mind), and neither this nor Story So Far offer anything new in terms of content. A Switch compilation would at least offer the games on a system they've not been on yet. If Square want maximum temptation then add something new rather than the same material compiled and repackaged, like a soundtrack disc. We haven't even got an official soundtrack release for 3.

For those complaining. It's a bundle, not a new game. It's just a box that will contain the story so far and kh3. It happens all the times with blu rays. It's for newcomers so stop complaining. You will get your final package one day.

7 hours ago, Raphaël David said:

For those complaining. It's a bundle, not a new game. It's just a box that will contain the story so far and kh3. It happens all the times with blu rays. It's for newcomers so stop complaining. You will get your final package one day.

I'm complaining because this is just lazy for the company. Literally zero effort put into this. Yes, compilations do happen but for more valid reasons. We're not celebrating anything here, KH3 didn't win GOTY or anything, it's just an extra money grabber for no reason, which is why I called this marketing at its rawest, dullest and most shameless. Companies really shouldn't be able to get away with doing things like this...

I'm also not looking for a final package, I'm just looking for value. A final package would only be valuable if, as the poster after me said, gave something extra like a new console experience or a soundtrack. Yes, I am aware this bundle is probably catered to newcomers, but as I said, they didn't even include Re Mind if they wanted a complete collection for convenience / ease of access nor did they release it at the same time as Re Mind so it didn't help anyone get Re Mind. It's also not like KH has been out of anyone's minds recently and been forgotten to the point it needs a revival. Added to all the Xmas and Black Friday deals for these games (which basically added up to 49.99 usd). So there is really very limited value for anyone to buy this "almost complete" bundle. It also cheapens the Kingdom Hearts brand imo and is kinda disrespectful to the fans that bought the game on Day 1. 

Edited by blue490246

5 hours ago, blue490246 said:

I'm complaining because this is just lazy for the company. Literally zero effort put into this. Yes, compilations do happen but for more valid reasons. We're not celebrating anything here, KH3 didn't win GOTY or anything, it's just an extra money grabber for no reason, which is why I called this marketing at its rawest, dullest and most shameless. Companies really shouldn't be able to get away with doing things like this...

I'm also not looking for a final package, I'm just looking for value. A final package would only be valuable if, as the poster after me said, gave something extra like a new console experience or a soundtrack. Yes, I am aware this bundle is probably catered to newcomers, but as I said, they didn't even include Re Mind if they wanted a complete collection for convenience / ease of access nor did they release it at the same time as Re Mind so it didn't help anyone get Re Mind. It's also not like KH has been out of anyone's minds recently and been forgotten to the point it needs a revival. Added to all the Xmas and Black Friday deals for these games (which basically added up to 49.99 usd). So there is really very limited value for anyone to buy this "almost complete" bundle. It also cheapens the Kingdom Hearts brand imo and is kinda disrespectful to the fans that bought the game on Day 1. 

I really don't get it, I am sorry.
A game loses value as time passes. It has always been the case. KH3 is one year old, thus it stands to reason to release a package with previous installements for less money. Is it pure marketing? Yes, like everything in this world. They assume it will bring more people into the franchise, which is great.

I have the example of this person I saw in a supermarket once who was asking: "I am interested in Kingdom Hearts 3 but I would like to catch up with the story." The buyer brought the all in one package and said: "Here you have everything". And the guy was happy. That's the whole point of packages like this.

It is not for us. If a friend wanted to discover the serie, I would say, grab this package. It's the best deal of the moment.

I don't see the problem. When a new season of game of thrones releases, you can see bundles containing all seasons appearing in the supermarkets. No one is complaining of having to buy it again. The discs are identical and this package simplifies the life of the buyers who don't have to buy them separately.

Should they have included remind? Yes. But this will be for the next package on ps5. ?

6 hours ago, blue490246 said:

Certainly it gets to the point where you have to ask what is there beyond a jumping on point for new players. 1.5 and 2.5 was the first time the Final Mixes for 1, 2 and Birth by Sleep were available outside of Japan in any legal capacity (as well as bringing them and Re:Chain of Memories to the PS3) not to mention the cinematics for 358/2 Days and re:coded, 1.5+2.5 ported this to the PS4 as well as fixing some performance issues present in the PS3 compilations and bringing in theatre mode for Kingdom Hearts 1 and an extended scene for 358/2 Days. 2.8 has the HD port of Dream Drop Distance, 0.2 for the first time, as well as an original movie in Back Cover. It also represents the franchise unifying on the same consoles and overcoming the issue of having to own a PS2, GBA, DS, PSP and 3DS to get the whole story.

Fair enough that The Story So Far compiled everything on 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 so people could catch up with the story in preparation for Kingdom Hearts 3. But All In One is just taking the image from the Re:mind PlayStation theme, adding in covers from previous game covers for the picture frames and slapping that on a box with four discs inside without adding any new or extra content. With the release of Kingdom Hearts 3 and Re:mind come and gone the hype isn't there like it has been, and Square are focusing their promotion on Final Fantasy VII Remake due out in April. At the very least this package should have included Re:mind as well to sweeten the deal, perhaps for people who have only played Kingdom Hearts 3 and want to try the whole series, or some other exclusive to tempt people to part with their money.

I'm getting this package because I don't have Kingdom Hearts 1, Kingdom Hearts 2, Chain of Memories, Birth by Sleep, 358/2 Days Cinematic, and Re:Coded Cinematic on the PS4. I only have Dream Drop Distance, 0.2 Birth by Sleep, Back Cover, and Kingdom Hearts 3 on the PS4.

7 hours ago, Nintendoman128 said:

Maybe to compare different versions to see which is best

I also heard this one breaks after you've completed it so you get the really lux experience of having to purchase a brand new game for every playthrough.