Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Koko

-Mental Hospital- [Roleplay]

[align=right]"Wish you could turn off the questions, turn off the voices, turn off all sound.

Yearn to close out the ugliness, close out the filthiness, close out all light.

Long to cast away yesterday, cast away memory, cast away all jeapordy.

Pray you could somehow stop uncertainty, somehow stop the loathing, somehow stop the pain.

Act on your impulse,

swallow the bottle,

cut a little deeper,

put the gun to your chest."

Hearing a knock at the door, Summer glanced up, pausing mid-step. Her gaze immediately fell on Jack. "Well, Jack! Go hide! It's one of the stupid doctors," She muttered the last part. "Dr. Norris again," She snapped quietly to no one in particular. Jack faded away with a small wave--sweet, but full of secret intentions. The wave of a convicted serial killer put on death row exactly 47 years ago. How kind of him. Instead of taking her hateful attitude out on Dr. Norris and getting herself to stay here even longer when there was no way they could help her, Summer beamed widely. "Come in~" She sang. "I'd love to talk," She lied smoothely. Oh how, with Jack's help, she'd love to rip the throats out of all of the people here. Well, adorable little Summer Smith wasn't going to slip.. yet.

Azura was just laying on the floor stearing at the cieling.Her teddy bear was right besides her."Teddy.Do you think we'll ever get out of here?"Azura asks.Obviously,the teddy bear didn't answer and just stood there.But Azura thought other ways."Yeah.You're right.Those dumb monsters are always guarding this place.They would never ever let us out of this prision.Sure,we can walk through out this enormus castle.But can never go out of it..."Azura says.She stears at the teddy bear.Suddenly she starts to laugh."That's exactly what I was thinking!Man teddy,I'm so glad I have a friend like you."Azura says as she hugs the teddy bear.She looks at the bed."Shhh,the tiger is sleeping."Azura says.

"Thank you Summer. How are you doing today?" Mackenzie asked the little girl.

Summer was one of her youngest patients. It saddened the doctor.

She was determined to find a way to help her so she could go home and live a happy life. She didn't want such a young girl to live in mental hospital for most of her life.

What Mackenzie wanted most was for her patients to be able to leave and live happily.

"Have you spoken to er, your friend?" she asked, careful not to say Jack's name.

Lucas paced in his room, making loud footsteps.

"When is Dr. Norris getting here? I wouldn't even mind talking to Dr. Trey. Just send someone!" he spoke to himself, feeling anxious.

They kept trying to speak to him.

"I need another roommate!" he yelled to the walls.

His old one had checked out, leaving Lucas alone once more.

He stopped walking and stared at the door.

"They wouldn't mind if I walked around a bit..."

Slowly and carefully, almost scared of getting in trouble, Lucas left his room, trying to find someone. Anyone.

Azura saw the door.She picked up her teddy bear and tip-toed all the way across the room to not 'wake up' the 'tiger' witch was actually the bed.She got to the door and opened it.She looked outside and throug out the hallway.There was no one.She smiled and looked at her teddy bear."Come on.We need to make a plan,so when the time comes,we can kill all of those monsters."Azura says as she walks around the hallways.She was on her way to the art center.

Summer bit her tongue, refusing to let herself say the things she wanted to say most. "My friend?" She repeated. Of course, Summer knew exactly who Dr. Norris was talking about. But why would she make it easy for the doctor? What fun was there in that? Summer blinked innocently. "Why, I have lots of friends, Dr. Norris. I have my Mommy and my Papa, I have all of my old friends from home, and I have all of the doctors. I haven't spoken to my friends at home in a long time, though." She deliberately dodged the question. Behind Dr. Norris's back, Jack was making faces and giving her bunny ears. It was all that Summer could do not to laugh in the doctor's face.

~

Dr. Whitney Trey was doing what she did best. Nothing. Why should she help all of these rejects, these misfits, these.. these MISTAKES? Well, she shouldn't. She should be a famous doctor making millions, not sitting around in a mental hospital. She was half-scared one of the patients would try and kill her. They were all.. unstable. Creepy little freaks. Especially the youngest ones. Some were even in their teens. It was disgusting. And her collegue, Dr. Norris? She LIKED hanging out with all the retards. "This place needs a makeover," She muttered.

Azura got to the art center and started to draw a 'map' of the 'castle',witch was the hospital.She also started to draw the 'monsters',witch were the doctors and nurses."OK teddy,here's the plan.As soon as a monster gets near.We take it and we make it tell us where the exit is.Then,we kill it and then we kill teh rest of the monsters an if we can,we free the other prisoners."Azura says.She would think that the empty rooms would have prisinors.And so she would go each week and tell them about the new adition to the 'plan'.She looked at teddy."And how do we kill them you ask?Well,with this sword of course!Here you can have a magical wand.This I stole from that witch that came last time."Azura says.The 'sword' was actually a painting brush and the 'magical wand' was actually just crayon.

"Maybe I'll let you call them soon," she smiled, meaning it. "But I was referring to your other friend."

She didn't want Summer to get angry, so she was still being very careful.

She had a feeling that the girl didn't like her, but Dr. Norris adored her.

"B-But if you don't want to talk about him, we can talk about something else. Anything you like." She smiled again, hoping the option would convince her to talk about something.

"This place is so gross," Lucas said, making a face when he stepped in gum that the janitors failed to get rid off.

"I wish I could go outside..." he sighed.

He didn't like being stuck inside all the time.

When he was allowed outside, usually accompanied by his doctor, he always struck up a conversation with someone. Even if it was boring, he paid attention to every detail, practically studying the person.

He couldn't do that in here.

He knew everyone. Mostly because Dr. Norris was kind enough to tell him about the other patients.

It wasn't any fun in the hospital. The only time it was, was when a new patient came in or a new doctor started working here.

Immediately he would try to meet them, asking if they were going to be their new doctor or their new roommate.

But his roommates always left in a few weeks and his doctors usually quit or they weren't assigned to him.

He sighed a sad sigh.

Azura made a hat with some paper.It didn't even looked like a hat at all.It was just some crampelled paper that managed to stay over her head without falling.She came with her teddy bear and she looked around."Coast is clear.We need to go to teh secret base."Azura whispered to her teddy bear.She started to walk carefully.Her 'secret base' was the Flower Nursery.She walked around and then she saw a boy in the hallway.She hid and looked at him.She saw him as a...knight?"Shh,he might be the guard of the dungeons."Azura whispers.

"Jack and I are just fine. We're best friends," Summer smiled smeetly, and she tucked away a strand of shiny blonde hair that had managed to escape her ponytail. "No," She declined politely, making it sound more like she was telling the doctor Santa Claus had arrived. "That's alright, Dr. Norris. I wouldn't want to trouble you," Summer drawled. She hinted her voice so the doctor couldn't be sure if she was teasing her or being sincere. Jack stuck out his tongue behind the doctor.

~~~

"Dr. Trey," Someone snapped at the door, not even bothering to knock, flinging it open instead. Whitney sighed hatefully under her breath, "Not him.." The director, the cheif dude of all the doctors, was glaring at her. "Why are you sitting in your office readinga magazine? Shouldn't you be out assisting the patients?" Whitney wanted to remind him that if she did, SHE'D end up a patient in a HOSPITAL. Silently, she placed a paper in the copy of Star to hold her place. "Yeah," She tried to sound respectful and not annoyed, but her voice didn't seem to want to work with her. Whitney marched down the hall, and half-screamed. "MACKENZIE!"

"Aww okay. Tell Jack that I said hi, okay?" Mackenzie felt as if she was talking to one of her friend's daughters, asking them to say to their imaginary friend. And in a way, Jack was Summer's imaginary friend. Who just happened to take place of Summer sometimes. That's what her file said anyway.

"MACKENZIE"

She cringed.

Oh god, it's Dr. Trey.

"I'm sorry hun, but I'm going to have to cut this session short. Dr. Trey sounds angry. See you soon," she quickly said, leaving the girl's room.

Now dragging his feet on the floor, Lucas had a sad expression, listening to the voices.

"I'm not going to sneak out. I could get caught," he said suddenly.

He frowned.

"I'm not listening to you guys anymore! You're mean!" he covered his ears like he always did when he was frustrated with the voices.

Azura looked at the boy some more."Come on.We need to get to the base."Azura says.She runs around the halls until she gets to the Flower Nursery.She walks around and sees all of the flowers.You could say that there were all kinds of flowers from all over the country.Since no patient could go outside.They could just enjoy the flowers here.Azura went and hid behind a Flower Wall of Morning Glories.She sat there and took out her 'map'."OK.Now to the master plan."Azura says.

Summer pretended to be broken-hearted, letting her eyes shine with crocodile tears and her lip tremble slightly. The worse Dr. Norris felt, she knew she'd feel all the better. Jack just laughed at her, amused. Then again, those like Jack were amused by anything. Sadists were just like that. "Bye, doctor," Summer chimed, her voice falsely cracking. She looked away and collapsed on her hard bed. Jack made a final face at the doctor and came to sit beside her.

~

"MACKENZIE!" Whitney shouted again. Where was she? Mackenzie hurried out of a patient's room not far ahead. She recognized the room number. It was Summer Smith's room. Or was it Hannah Miller's? Or.. 'No,' Whitney mentally scolded herself. 'Don't even bother learning any of their names. They're not worth your time.' "Did you tell the director that I was--um--um--taking a.. permanent break?" She finally decided to phrase it. Her voice lost its harshness as she fumbled for a term.

Amu sat in the corner of her room, hugging her knees tight. She swayed from side to side, humming a tune.

"A pocket full of posies... Ases, ashes, we all fall DOWN!" She buried her head in her knees and laughed.

"Remember that game we played Mommy? Me and Daddy used to play that with you!" She smiled but it fell quickly.

"But then you two had to act naughty. You shouldn't have yelled of fought like that, Daddy. You shouldn't have screamed, Mommy."

(Why must you start it while I am at school? xD)

Azura was done with her 'plan'."Good.So we're all set,right?"Azura asks to her teddy bear.She nodsa and picks him up.She puts the 'map' away and starts to walk around the halls with her 'sword' witch again,it was just a pencil brush.She walked around and then looked at her teddy bear."Teddy.As soon as I see one of those monsters.I'll kill it with m sword.That way,it's only one less monster to worry about."Azura says.She walks around.She was about to pass by the hall where Dr.Mackenzie and Dr.Witney were talking and having a conversation.

(( BECAUSE WE LOVE YOU? <8D? ))

"W-What do you mean a permanent break!?" Dr. Norris exclaimed, looking at Dr. Trey.

"I can't help them by myself!"

Mackenzie was in shock.

She wouldn't know what to do if she was left alone to work with all the patients. She'd have to work extra shifts, overtime...

Dr. Trey doing nothing at all?! This was honestly a suprise.

Lucas continued to stroll down the halls and stopped in front of room 241. He heard a girl's voice.

"But then you two had to act naughty. You shouldn't have yelled of fought like that, Daddy. You shouldn't have screamed, Mommy."

Surely the girl was talking to herself.

"Who would enjoy that?" Lucas whispered, contradicting this own statement by saying it to himself. Though of course, he would of said it someone else, but he was the only one around.

And that girl of course.

"I think this is..." He thought back to the room numbers and which patients stayed in which.

"Ah, Amu Force I think. What did Dr. Norris say she had?"

He continued to think back to his conversation with Dr. Norris and the other patients.

He couldn't quite remember.

He might of had knocked on Amu's door to speak to her, but he knew Dr. Norris wouldn't like that.

((You guys, let's slow this down a bit so the others won't get lost, okay?))

Unlike many of the other patients, Summer Smith was perfectly content to spend her whole day locked in her room, talking to Jack. They all complained about the voices--about their friends that no one else could seem to see. Regardless of what they seemed to think, Summer loved playing with Jack. She had more fun with the dead serial killer than she'd ever had with her old "friends".

~~~

Whitney clenched her fists. "What, you think I've ever done any work to help these patients!? Yeah, right. Someone must've tattled on me to the director. Now he KNOWS I'm not doing anything all day, and he's still paying me. My paycheck and my bonus are going to go right out the window now. None of the patients know me, and none of the patients even care. They're all talking to themselves or the wall to care. And who's the only one who would have known to 'tell on' me?" Whitney sniffed haughtily.

Azura walked until she heard the voices of the doctors."The monsters."Azura says.She looks at her teddy bear and nods.She goes over and walks around.She follows the voices until she gets to the hallway where they were talking.She glares at them."There they are.There main witch along with her pal the half lion girl."Azura says.She looks at her teddy bear and nods again.She stands there thinking if she should attack the monsters or not.She grips her teddy bear tightly.

Amu heard footsteps outside er door. She quickly sat on top of er bed, as still as possible. When no one came in, she relaxed.

She began to swing her legs at the foot of the bed and hummed another tune. She wasn't sure what the song was, it just came to her. Amu wondered when she'd leave this hellhole and go back to her old house. To go back to see her precious kitten, Miso.

"I WANT MY KITTY!" He screamed.

"I didn't say anything! I didn't have a clue!" Mackenzie suddenly became very angry.

"Why are you working here then? If you don't care, then why do you stay?" she almost yelled, a cowl on her usually smiling face.

Here was Dr. Norris busting her butt to do the best she could while Dr. Trey did nothing.

"You deserve to be in trouble!" she yelled this time, completely engulfed by anger.

Lucas heard the two doctors yelling, and spied on them from behind the wall.

He'd never seen Dr. Norris so angry. It was an odd sight. She never got frustrated or upset. She was always such a dear. Towards Lucas at least.

Azura heard Dr.Norris yell.But she had heard it in a way of roar."Maybe some other time.Right now she seems to have gotten a power source.We're to weak against them.We must retreat."Azura says as she walks away.She got to a hallway where there was no light,because the janitors haden't fixed the broken lightbulbs.They were going to fix them todat though.Azura saw the darkness in the hall and saw the shadows.But in her eyes and mind.She shadows came alive and tried to grab her."NO!Stand back you monsters!Back!Back!"Azura yells as she uses her 'sword' to defend herself.

Summer heard yelling outside of her door. Ordinarily, she wouldn't have cared, but Jack seemed particularly interested in whatever they were shouting about. Summer tip-toed to her door, and struggled to see out the vents. She may have acted older sometimes, but she was still only nine-years-old. From what she could tell, Dr. Norris and Dr. Trey were in an argument, both of their faces a blazing bright red.

"I NEED MONEY!" Dr. Trey snapped. "What else would someone be in this hellish place for!? What are YOU even here for!? I say we leave all of these freaks here to rot!" Dr. Trey seemed intent on getting every person in SunnyShore to hear her. Not meaning to, Summer winced at Dr. Trey's choice of words. She'd be called a freak many times, but it hadn't ever really bothered her before now. Something about the degrading way Dr. Trey said it set Summer off. Only it wasn't really Summer who was starting to clench her fists. Summer felt bad for Dr. Norris. Summer wanted to stay in her room and talk to Jack. Of course, it was Jack who was molding her hands into fists, setting a furious expression on her face, and Jack who was opening the door of Summer's cell.

"I work here because I care about others!" Mackenzie yelled back. "And if you don't then just leave!"

Mackenzie never lost her cool like that. She had never screamed at someone like that before. She could feel the tears forming in her eyes from anger and her lips pressed together is a straight line.

"I don't want to deal with this right now. Go do whatever the hell you want. I'm going to go see my patients."

Dr. Norris turned her back to Dr. Trey, stomping away, hand clenching the list of patients.

Lucas watched as Dr. Norris turned away, her face looking hurt and angry.

He wanted to hug her, seeing as Dr. Norris was one of the only people who seemed to care about him anymore, but instead he retreated, running quietly back to his room to wait for Dr. Norris.

As Mackenzie walked away, Whitney snorted. "You just want to see them because they're the only ones like you," She mocked. "Mentally insane."

~

Summer knew who Dr. Trey was referring to. She was insulting Dr. Norris, yes, but in that, she was insulting every "patient" in SunnyShore. Things started to distort themselves in Summer's eyes. Jack walked straight into her, and never came out. That always happened when she was angry. Jack decided to take control of the situation. Usually it was better that way, anyway. Summer flung open the door of her cell. Furiously, she glowered at Dr. Trey, clenching her fists. She was so mad, she couldn't even force herself to move.

Attempt number five.

Or, at least, that was what Jack was trying to tell himself he was doing. He knew the others might have been content with spending time inside their own heads- or, at least, he assumed that from what he'd seen of them, on the few times he'd left his room, often not by his own volition; but he needed a goal, he'd decided. Something to work towards, something he could get out of each day. Sat on his bed, hugging his knees to his chest, he balanced the two pills on his palm, staring moodily down at them.

They were tiny things, really. Cheap little hunks of medication that he could damn well do without. He wasn't insane. He didn't even feel wrong in the head. He didn't even know what he felt, but it was insanity. But, he supposed, with all the rush with which he'd been moved from one asylum to another, the last hadn't passed on much information about him- how could they? The only doctor who knew anything about his habits or problems had had to go, after-

No. Don't think about that, idiot.

Closing his fingers around the pills, Jack sighed. Even himself, he knew they looked like a child's- all too small and pale, nails bitten down to the quick. Pathetic, like he was. But he could do at least something.

Pushing himself off of the bed, he cringed as his bare feet hit the cold floor, but shuffled back a few steps, reaching down and tugging, with a grunt of effort, at the mattress- or what passed for one, since it certainly was far from comfortable- and his normally dejected expression brightened for a moment. The small cluster of identical pills were jammed down there, to which he added the two he'd been given that day, replacing the mattress hurriedly, glancing over his shoulder as though he expected someone to burst in and catch him.

They really must have had no help from the previous asylum, he thought, to actually believe he would take any medication he was given. Well, not at the correct time, or for medicinal purposes, at least. He damn well planned on taking it, just not over a matter of weeks, months- however long it took to collect enough for them to kill him in one fell swoop.

Sign in to follow this